Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Bullit verses Shelby GT comparison

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:07 PM
08Bullitt215
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Bullit verses Shelby GT comparison

2007 Ford Shelby GT STOCK
Eng- V8 4.6L
hp - 325
Torq- 330 lb-ft
Axel Rat 3.55:1/2.41:1
0-60 5.0 sec
1/4 13.1 sec
did you run these times?
Old 04-15-2008, 04:59 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

ED you have taste nice choice of style and color . I cant lie im a hypocrit its funny the car i have as a normal everyday use hasnt been diven since i got my gem. hahahaha. I have 3000 miles to date thats as record low. It maybe that my work is 5 feet from my bed.. I do make a point ti take her out daily and one thing u can be sure of im no pansie driving it lol. I avg about 6 mph that will give u a clue how i drive. DOnt worry no tickets or accidentsin the last 20 years that comes from 32 years of driving exp. NICE CAR MATE
Old 04-15-2008, 05:22 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

Bulllit noo these are the official specs. I intend to test it I still have a little more breaking in on the engine only have 3000 miles on it. I intend to put it to the test in the near future . I hope i can run at the specs. So far the engine is running like a purring tiger. I ve mastered the break in. I drove it easy and also did short spurts of horses just enough where its not a thrash andcause any damage. I find that break in is vital for later. Ive learnedthat racing when with a new engine that hasnt been totallyseated yet can be harmful later.breaking a engine in at varied speeds makes for a good performance engine all around.Of course others have diffferent opinions on this i go by my experience which is about 33 years.. What are ur numbers btw
Old 04-15-2008, 05:36 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hypersurf1

Check your facts on the handling. Motor Trend tested the SGT and the Bullitt. The Shelby did .97g on the skidpad and .76g in the figure 8. The Bullitt did .87g on the skidpad and .52g on the figure 8. That is a huge difference in handling. The bullitt is a nice car but it doesnt handle anything like a SGT. Acceleration is very similiar between the two. In the looks department I think most would agree the Shelby wins hands down. I get more compliments then I ever thought I would. If you want something more subdued in the looks department and still has that straight line performance grab up a Bullitt, its still a great car at a more attractive price.
Nice car u have.. I APPROVE !!! One thing the others dont say is the handling comparison , Sure the buillit and gt500 have more power an are faster in the straight. But in the curves Shelby gt destroys both . I am amazed how nice and flat my shlby is in the turns, As far as the ride i love to feel the road and this car diffently does that. It aint a floating cloud lol.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:58 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black GT500

Hum... The Bullitt Package for a $3000 price tag or the Shelby GT package for that same $3000 PLUS an additional $7500

Comparable power improvements
Comparable suspension improvements
Much better cold air intake on the Bullitt
Most of all MUCH better gears 3.73/1 in the Bullitt
Straight line or in the corners, The Bullitt will flat spank the Shelby GT!

Bunch of RICE looking scoops, stripes and cheap hood pins and redundant gauges glued to the dash on the SGT
Very clean, stealthy Bling and Rice free look and much better seats in the Bullitt

The Bullitt package
54B – Bullitt Package $2879/$3310
Bullitt Total $2879/$3310

The Shelby GT package
GT Upfitters Package $2140
Shelby GT Package $7390
Gas Guzzler Tax $1000 WTF is that?
Shelby GT Total $10530

This looks like a no brainer for me. Pay $7500 for the Shelby name and a bunch of less than tasteful bling, or pocket that $7500 and drive a very stealthy factory Mustang that will spank and stock Mustang GT or Mustang Shelby GT.

How’s that for an opinion?

I would like to apologise in advance for what i have to say, I cant resist. Please this isnt meant to be for the mature and respctful user that posted here.

Black do you allways talk out your a--hole?. You comment about the bullit slapping a selby GT in handling is absolute nonsense. First of all living in texas where a left and right turn at the light is all u have in curves dont qualify as terrain for road racing. Where you live its flat and straight. Lets have a real road racee on mulholand drive in S california which has lots of curves. I've lived all my life here and have 32 years of hard core road racing and im damm good. Lets see you get slapped when i leave your pathetic brain in the dust. You will end up slapping your self. The Shelby GT will kill your GT500 and also the bullet in a out right road race with lots of sharp curves. The suspension is not a slight modification it considered amajor modand carrol designed the suspensionto meet ford road racing specs.Man talk about being retarded you take it.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikebxb

Thanks for all this great input. Specially from the ones that actually have driven both......
I love my car. I've had many many american muscle cars over the years, Next to the Vette , the Shelby Mustang,now that Ford has finally got the styling right...Is a sharp looking car
I want a sports car that not only turns heads but PERFORMS.Not just a straight line but in the curves.
I consider my current C6 a "gentlemans GT" In that its an automatic. The paddle shift is cool but i'm old school prefera stick..
The Heads Up Display (not offered on a stang) is awesome but an unnecessary frill.
My next sports car will be more spartan interiorwise. Just more stuff to break down. Who NEEDS heated seats???
What I'm getting at is "less is more"
Mmy car will put up skidpad & accelerationnumbers comparable & exceeding that of a Shelby GT 500. So why change? I miss shifting
What I know & am learning about Vettes,Mustangs & the upcoming Camaro..My ideal car would be ..
a Corvette Z06..drop dead gorgeous & best stats.
The pricefactorrules out acarcosting $50k plus ( which would aso include the GT500)

After further review & careful analyiss, the perfect Mustang FOR ME, would be a
Shelby GT / SC
Supercharger
stripe delete
rear spoiler add
Hertz style hood ( i know, I know non functional but cool looking. I like the rear side slots for brake cooling too)
Add an aftermarket 6 speed tranny
( last two vettes i had were 6 spd & turn around 1300 rpm at 80 mph.. the 5 spd mustang in shlby OR bullit cant offer that kinda mileage)
the above mods -6 spd & super charger are not cost effective to arrive at the same performance I already
have...

Therin lies my quandry..
I think the Bullitt is really neat butthe 3:73 rearend will get me from gas station to gas station qucker.
The Shelby GT is approx $6,000 overpriced just becuase of the name...but what a name! resale value is paramount.
I'm used to having to avoid speed bumps or cross them diagonally on account of low clearance...Stiff ride is not an issue for me at all I consider it a price we pay for good handling.
I may just put mine on the market & look for a bargain ........leaning first toward theShelby GT then the Bullitt...
Although a plain jane C6 Z51 manual tranny with a wide body kit might just be best comprimise..........
Again, I appreciate the input..
I just bought my daughter a 06 'stang v6 It feels pretty nice although the parking brake is in a strange location.

Mike ive driven all the cars you mentioned. You sound like me. My advice is to go with the Shelby GT the handling is amazing IM CONFIDENT you will be blown away at the flat in control handling in the turns. Its night verses day.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:15 AM
07SGT57
1st Gear Member

Mike, check my pic below just to show you what your future car may look like (stripe delete, hertz style hood)
Old 04-16-2008, 02:34 PM
08Bullitt215
1st Gear Member

best run bone stock... (Reaction .184) (I1 2.066) (I2 5.755) (I3 8.778) (MPH I3 81.607) (E.T. 13.549) (MPH 103.235)
Keep in mind i live in south texas 8 miles from mexico and it was hot and humid... I know they got a BULLITT down to 13.2 in a recent magazine i believe...
Old 04-17-2008, 03:30 AM
08 Bullitt 2310
2nd Gear Member

A stock Shelby GT will not and has not in any independent testing run a 13.1.Good luck with that on street tires in stock form.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:05 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 08Bullitt215

best run bone stock... (Reaction .184) (I1 2.066) (I2 5.755) (I3 8.778) (MPH I3 81.607) (E.T. 13.549) (MPH 103.235)
Keep in mind i live in south texas 8 miles from mexico and it was hot and humid... I know they got a BULLITT down to 13.2 in a recent magazine i believe...
Nice run !! Even if i lose in the straight I will still have a big smile on my face. I bet if you ran it in dry hot conditions you would perform better. Logically humid air hurts overall performance i would think. I may be wrong maybe. What is your opinion.

Quick Reply: Bullit verses Shelby GT comparison