Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Thinking of getting a shelby gt350

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 03:35 PM
nite
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking of getting a shelby gt350

ADL, look at the date in the original post (he's probably all set at this point).
Old 07-27-2008, 04:03 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

are you ****ing kidding me? [:@]

who dragged this **** up? this is ancient history.....

haha, yeah I guess he is by now
Old 07-27-2008, 05:08 PM
clark17357

"are you ****ing kidding me?

haha, yeah I guess he is by now "

Who? My name is Jim Clark. The question you did not ask was, "Why?"

This is not the Forum I visit the most. Over time, when visiting here I have found a great deal of excellent information, meaningful debate and respectful disagreements.

I, too, would like to see the GT350 built again. I did read the Member's original post. That is why I wrote, "Don’t know where you are on the GT350 hunt at this point." I also read the posts after the first one. The thread did not contain any resolution by the Member in terms of what he did.

I have found that the level of baseline information on a given topic can vary from Forum to Forum. On this Forum, the information about any new build of the GT350 is not as up to date as it is on at least one other Forum.

Give that many people, particularly those thinking of getting a car like the GT350, will put off buying to see if the car turns into reality, it seemed to me that it was worth my time to post the information I had about the GT350.

As I stated at the beginning of this post, this is a good Forum to visit . . . usually. Why would you, A_Drunken_Llama, want to make fun of my effort to share what I saw as usable information?

Jim

Old 07-27-2008, 05:16 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Holy man, this thread is from a long tiime ago(as stated earlier)
Old 07-27-2008, 11:15 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: clark17357

"are you ****ing kidding me?

haha, yeah I guess he is by now "

Who? My name is Jim Clark. The question you did not ask was, "Why?"

This is not the Forum I visit the most. Over time, when visiting here I have found a great deal of excellent information, meaningful debate and respectful disagreements.

I, too, would like to see the GT350 built again. I did read the Member's original post. That is why I wrote, "Don’t know where you are on the GT350 hunt at this point." I also read the posts after the first one. The thread did not contain any resolution by the Member in terms of what he did.

I have found that the level of baseline information on a given topic can vary from Forum to Forum. On this Forum, the information about any new build of the GT350 is not as up to date as it is on at least one other Forum.

Give that many people, particularly those thinking of getting a car like the GT350, will put off buying to see if the car turns into reality, it seemed to me that it was worth my time to post the information I had about the GT350.

As I stated at the beginning of this post, this is a good Forum to visit . . . usually. Why would you, A_Drunken_Llama, want to make fun of my effort to share what I saw as usable information?

Jim

wow dude... seriously.... I wasn't being serious....

and as you might have noticed I placed a smiley face next to my angry face to show that I was just kidding around....

I would also like to point out that the thread is 8 months old..... don't you think it's unnecessary to bring it up again? [8D]

P.S. : as A_Drunken_Llama I would like to add that you, Jim Clark, should not take llamas seriously....especially when they are drunk....[8D]
Old 05-31-2011, 02:12 PM
dubbsfaris

And you guys thought this thread was stale at 8 months...LOL
Old 05-31-2011, 11:31 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

There IS a true Shelby GT350 out now.
not even 200 will be made.

They will cost about 80grand, using the new 5.0 engine supercharged plus some other goodies to punch the HP above 600.

The car you are speaking of possibly buying would be a Shelby GT.
If the dealership is claiming it as a Shelby GT350 they just badged it as on and it is NOT really one. The real GT350 comes straight from the Shelby plant.

You wont get one from a dealership.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:45 AM
dubbsfaris

I know, I own a 624 hp GT350 R tune...(well now it is closer to 730 hp, but still)
CSM 113500019

First 624 R Tune built and delivered at Shelby American in Vegas...

I just ran across this thread googling something else and it struck me funny.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:10 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Add a several points, not $80 GRAND with a car
Old 06-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Whipple

Originally Posted by snooj
About a month ago, my 2006 mustang GT was stolen. It's finally time for it to be replaced.

I'm now thinking of upgrading to a shelby gt350. I'm a tad nervous as I can't test drive it plus the fact that it's an additional 15 grand. Ouch. Can anyone who's had both cars tell me if there's any difference (besides power obviously ) in the feel of the shelby? Do you all think that the additional cost is worth it?

Another issue I have is that whatever car I get, I'm going to have to drive it in snow. I live in a small city so the roads should be kept well under control, but we have use salt. Consequently, I'm also looking at getting the Dodge Ram 4x4 pick up. ...With the sports package so it'll still be fun as hell. So I'm wondering, how does the shelby handle in snow? Does anyone even drive a shelby gt in the snow? The only times I drive is to go to the grocery store once every couple weeks, so it won't really be out much anyway.

One last question, does anyone have any suggestion on how to lower the price from 45 grand? The couple dealerships I've talked to refuse to lower it. Note I have USAA, but even that won't reduce it by too much.

Edit: I'm also thinking of just getting another mustang GT as I don't really think I'm willing to spend that much extra cash. Any info on these cars in the snow would also be appreciated.
Get a used '09 GT with low miles for maybe 25k, put another 15-20k into mods and you'll have yourself a beast of a car. It'll be MUCH faster than your Shelby GT350.

Just my .02

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting a shelby gt350