Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Discontinuing Shelby Alcoa's

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:31 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Default Discontinuing Shelby Alcoa's

Well!, they have discontinued manufacture of Shelby Alcoa's. So the remaining stock is all that will be available. What do you all think they would look like on my GT500? I have been considering them but thought I had a long time to consider it! Or what other wheels do you guys think would look really good? Suggestions Please!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:14 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I think the Alcoas look good on anything, but they're pretty popular among the GT500 crowd and alot of people have them. If you like them, get them, but be aware that if something were to ever happen to a rim down the road, you'd be out a set of rims. Not trying to scare you, only give you something to take into consideration.

As far as suggestions, Vossen Wheels has some really awesome styles that look not only look fantastic, but allow you to run a nice wide tire out back!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:57 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the input 05 Mustang! I will eventually get something different and Vossen is at the top of the list. They have some really nice looking wheels that everyone seems to be happy with! Something to think about!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I think they look incredibly sexy. Do it Mark!!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:43 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkMan
Thanks for the input 05 Mustang! I will eventually get something different and Vossen is at the top of the list. They have some really nice looking wheels that everyone seems to be happy with! Something to think about!
You're welcome & good luck!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:28 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
I think they look incredibly sexy. Do it Mark!!

I may end up with them Alec. I'm gonna think it over this weekend......you never know!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Kinda O/T but how are you liking the Konis?

And make sure to post pics if you get em!
Old 09-17-2011, 01:38 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Love the Koni's! Set them full soft and it really smooths out the bumps about half way between (where I leave them set) it really makes it handle the twisties like it should and still rides better than stock. I'll put up some pics when I get the rims on not in a big hurry tho.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:38 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkMan
Well!, they have discontinued manufacture of Shelby Alcoa's. So the remaining stock is all that will be available. What do you all think they would look like on my GT500? I have been considering them but thought I had a long time to consider it! Or what other wheels do you guys think would look really good? Suggestions Please!
I think they look very good, but those 20" Alcoa aren't light, and running tires with so little sidewall, gives a rough ride. Grab 'em if you like the look, and don't worry about messing one up. They can always be repaired, and they'll still turn up used on eBay. I still see original KR wheels from the '60s on eBay...

BTW- I love the look of your GO GT500, with those striped louvers.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:30 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by oldlugs
I think they look very good, but those 20" Alcoa aren't light, and running tires with so little sidewall, gives a rough ride. Grab 'em if you like the look, and don't worry about messing one up. They can always be repaired, and they'll still turn up used on eBay. I still see original KR wheels from the '60s on eBay...

BTW- I love the look of your GO GT500, with those striped louvers.
Thanks for the comment on the louvers, I like the way it turned out! I'm leaning toward the Alcoas. I can compensate for the ride, somewhat, with the Koni settings and I do like the way they look.

AND your KR looks really great!

Quick Reply: Discontinuing Shelby Alcoa's