Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

2007 Shelby GT500 Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 07:42 AM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default 2007 Shelby GT500 Questions...

Will owners of the 2007 Shelby GT500 be so kind as to help answer these questions for me? As used GT500's are popping up with better pricing packages, I am seriously looking into purchasing one. My current 05GT has 60k miles on it and would like to stay low miles. That and to be honest with you, it's all about the whine of the SC! Thank you...

1- What is your average gas mileage... city/hwy?
2-Do you enjoy the ride... city/hwy?
3- Is there a hop when gunning it from the line?
4- I'm not sure but... what color are the guages?
5- Are the tires to easy to spin?
6- How does it control in the rain?
7- Exhaust... rate it.
8- What mods have you done and have they made a difference? Explain.
9- Do you see yourself owning this car for much longer?
10- Is it a fun car?

Old 12-28-2007, 07:50 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Shelby GT500 Questions...

ORIGINAL: JoshyGT

Will owners of the 2007 Shelby GT500 be so kind as to help answer these questions for me? As used GT500's are popping up with better pricing packages, I am seriously looking into purchasing one. My current 05GT has 60k miles on it and would like to stay low miles. That and to be honest with you, it's all about the whine of the SC! Thank you...

7- Exhaust... rate it.
10- Is it a fun car?

If you need answers to those questions then you dont need it. Not trying to be a dick. The Shelby is not for the average joe.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

What the hell... Did a 5 year old write this? Who cares about that kind of stuff when you are buying a car like a Mustang. Maybe if I was going to buy a hybrid or a family sedan would I worry about Gas Mileage, driving in rain ect...

Old 12-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

Gas mileage is worse than the GT, traction is worse, it sounds better than a GT, aftermarket parts are WAY more than a GT. Sure it would be a blast to own one, and I have considered buying one soon too but right now I think i'm better off sticking with my GT and modding it. When I get the mod bug out of my system i'll probably buy one and leave it stock.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Haze28
When I get the mod bug out of my system i'll probably buy one and leave it stock.
Not possible... It's like AIDS once you have your are done!!! No turning back... And then leaving anything STOCK, that's blasphemy!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:29 AM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: probinator

7- Exhaust... rate it.
10- Is it a fun car?

If you need answers to those questions then you dont need it. Not trying to be a dick. The Shelby is not for the average joe.
First of all, im not an average Joe... second of all...it would be stupid NOT to research a vehicle before purchase... no matter the year make or model.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:32 AM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

What the hell... Did a 5 year old write this? Who cares about that kind of stuff when you are buying a car like a Mustang. Maybe if I was going to buy a hybrid or a family sedan would I worry about Gas Mileage, driving in rain ect...

Yes, A 5 year old logged onto the forum, drives a 05 Mustang GT and posted this post.

The people who care about this stuff are the people who drive their cars daily, like researching a vehicle before purchase and care enough to know answers to the questions they have. If you cannot be helpful than why would you even post something? I've come for help... that's what these forums are for.

Thanks for the useless input.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:35 AM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Haze28

Gas mileage is worse than the GT, traction is worse, it sounds better than a GT, aftermarket parts are WAY more than a GT. Sure it would be a blast to own one, and I have considered buying one soon too but right now I think i'm better off sticking with my GT and modding it. When I get the mod bug out of my system i'll probably buy one and leave it stock.
Thank you. So the aftermarket parts cost more? That's expected I guess.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Cubs17
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

If he can't come to this forum and ask a question about a mustang, whats the point of this forum being open to the public? Thats the 2nd time I've seen you bash someone for asking a question. Maybe that stuff is important to him. If it bothers you, skip it and move on
Old 12-28-2007, 10:18 AM
jamie392

1- What is your average gas mileage... city/hwy?- Weekend driver for me, depends on how you drive.
2-Do you enjoy the ride... city/hwy?- Ride is ok little soft for me, but wife likes it.
3- Is there a hop when gunning it from the line?-umm yeah, Adj 3rd link, LCA, Adj Panhard bar is a must.
4- I'm not sure but... what color are the guages?- any color you want get the ambient lighting package, mine are blue.
5- Are the tires to easy to spin?-See above
6- How does it control in the rain?-I dont drive it in the rain
7- Exhaust... rate it.
8- What mods have you done and have they made a difference? Explain.-CAI, Pulley, Tune, Afco heat exchanger.
9- Do you see yourself owning this car for much longer?-Its a Keeper
10- Is it a fun car?-Very fun

Quick Reply: 2007 Shelby GT500 Questions...