Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Dyno of my SGT

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Milstang

Default RE: Dyno of my SGT

Agree with the above on being careful what mods you do yourself if you are at all concerned about resell value. I plan on never selling mine but still had SAI do all my current mods. I would more than likely go with a custom tune like they are saying with Bama or Brenspeed....for me it is no choice. Bama is a local guy who I have only heard praises for and he is eager to get ahold of my car for custom tuning. I just got back from deployment and will be heading out for a conference next week. After that I will try to arrange some time for the tune and dyno of my car. I will say this before you do too much go I would upgrade the brakes. The handling can't be beat but if you plan on going faster make sure you can stop faster too. 8)
Old 02-07-2008, 08:14 PM
07 Shelby GT
2nd Gear Member

Milstang, let me first say..."thank you for your service to our country...without people like you I would not be able to enjoy my mustang in my free country".

I agree with everything you have said. I plan on upgrading my entire brake system when I change my wheels. Hopefully, real soon.

I just found out that Shelby Automotives is opening a "Certified Shelby Mod Shop" here in the Dallas area. I visited a couple weeks ago and the VP gave me a full tour. Absolutely beautiful place...state of the art...complete with 200+mph dyno. I will be able to have my Shelby modified and like Las Vegas they will update my registry keeping everything authentic. I am pretty stoked. I am currently waiting on the estimates to have headers installed along with 3.73 gears and a dyno tune.

The company is actually called Quantum Performance which will work on any model of American cars of any age. The Shelby shop is in a separate building next door. So, if anybody needs more info let me know. I am planning on going back sometime in the next couple weeks.

They are expecting to be up and running in the next couple weeks.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Milstang

Sorry for the long delay in responding.

Thank you for your comments...I love my job and even with being gone from my wife and car sometimes it isvery satisfying work.

Yes, I knew about QP for awhile now. A friend of mine is the head of all the Shelby Mod shops. It is a GREAT deal to modify the car and keep the registery updated! But I am a little biased...

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...T/100_2693.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...T/100_2695.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...T/100_2699.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...T/100_2697.jpg
Old 02-11-2008, 08:05 PM
07 Shelby GT
2nd Gear Member

I can't blame you on the response time. I am pretty much the same way

That is a beautiful car. Awesome tastes. I can see why you miss it.

Have you dyno'd it? I am extremely curious as to what you are pushing at the wheels. I hope to have mine supercharged at some point. If you have a dyno sheet would you mind posting it? You are more than welcome to post it here if you would like. That goes for anybody with a dyno sheet. Don't be shy...post away!!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:58 PM
TheKurgan

FRPP FR3 handling pack = $1500

Hurst Short Throw shifter = $300

FRPP FR1 CAI Kit = $1000

XPipe = $150

Add all that on top of a normal mustang and you get the price of the Shelby GT. It has more than that obviously(stripes, scoop, badges), but I'm just listing the major differences.

It's a great deal really when you consider how much labor is involved in all of that plus the fact that all of it is covered by factory warranty so I wouldn't say you could do it cheaper really
Old 03-12-2008, 12:13 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheKurgan

FRPP FR1 CAI Kit = $1000

XPipe = $150

Add all that on top of a normal mustang and you get the price of the Shelby GT. It has more than that obviously(stripes, scoop, badges), but I'm just listing the major differences.

It's a great deal really when you consider how much labor is involved in all of that plus the fact that all of it is covered by factory warranty so I wouldn't say you could do it cheaper really

+1
Old 05-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Vista Blue GT

ORIGINAL: Blackhawk

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Great numbers! Esp for a stock tune! DO these shelby's run more HP stock than a reg GT? Thanks J
yes, they are rated at 325hp/335trq?
No they are not rated at that figure anymore.....When Shelby dynoed them they found the cars were really only able to achieve 319 crank HP and 330 in crank torque. And this is how they are officially reported now by Ford and Shelby because Ford did NOT want another "1999 Cobra" TSB situation on their hands for falsely stated HP of THEIR engine that is in the GT's bought by CSA forupgrading into the Shelby GT.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:13 AM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

ORIGINAL: TheKurgan

FRPP FR1 CAI Kit = $1000

XPipe = $150

+1

To add to TheKurgan's post theres little item you all are forgetting.Only 5000 97 shelby GT were produced and only 500 released in calif. I bet there were more then 60000mustang GT produced last year. Its obvious that the shelby will hold its value because of the numbers produced while the Mustang depriciates like any other car. Shelby never depreciates. Name one shelby model that has lost any value thats over`10 years old. I say its a no brainer to go with the shelby

[IMG]local://upfiles/76372/E27B21A664A244389C640F9628778E4D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Shelby2809
1st Gear Member

Those are some great stock numbers. If I recall, the numbers from Motor Trend's review were 277HP and 300 TQ.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:14 PM
StangPride02

I have an 07 sgt and I too am looking to get about 20 extra hp with out hard changes. I like the suggestion that have been put out here but I have a few questions I hope you experts can answer:

Difference (pros and cons) between DiabloSport Predator and Xcalibrator?

Difference between several of the name brand chips like Bama ect.?

What do you think of changing from a 355 gear to 373?

Quick Reply: Dyno of my SGT