Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Ready for Mods. Is FRPP the way to go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:54 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Great, please post the results!!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Mullens
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
I would love to know this as well. as I am installing the frrp upgrade witht he pro cal tuner..but am seriously considering to get a custom tune from Justin at VMP this fall on my xcal 2...so before I sink in the extra change..I would love to know the difference...otherwise I may just not do it...I will know tomorrow how the seat of the pants feel between stock and the FRRP upgrade is...just got my procal tuner today..will be installing it tomorrow AM...woo hoo...
From the posts I've read, a FRPP CAI and Pro cal tune will get you about a 40hp increase. The dynos I've seen have been in the 460's. A good SCT tune will get you close to 500rwhp.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:57 PM
polo708
2nd Gear Member

I would love to know this as well. as I am installing the frrp upgrade witht he pro cal tuner..but am seriously considering to get a custom tune from Justin at VMP this fall on my xcal 2...so before I sink in the extra change..I would love to know the difference...otherwise I may just not do it...I will know tomorrow how the seat of the pants feel between stock and the FRRP upgrade is...just got my procal tuner today..will be installing it tomorrow AM...woo hoo...
Why do you keep saying FRRP?? Do you even know what it stands for?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:30 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Polo708 FRRP??? Do you mean FRPP??.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by polo708
Why do you keep saying FRPP?? Do you even know what it stands for?
Ford Racing Rerformance Parts...........LOL.....I fixed it....so sorry if I offended you POLO
Old 08-29-2008, 01:46 PM
polo708
2nd Gear Member

Ford Racing Rerformance Parts...........LOL.....I fixed it....so sorry if I offended you POLO
Aw, my name in all caps? it shows you care.

Offended that you don't know what FRPP stands for? No... I just expected someone who had a fake and real Shelby to know the difference... I am offended at the "tribute" Shelby though. Why dont you stick a VTEC badge on there while you're at it.

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
Polo708 FRRP??? Do you mean FRPP??.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
I was writing it the way he wrote it, I guess it's a bit too much for you to understand huh?

Last edited by polo708; 08-29-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:57 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Aw, my name in all caps? it shows you care.

Offended that you don't know what FRPP stands for? No... I just expected someone who had a fake and real Shelby to know the difference... I am offended at the "tribute" Shelby though. Why dont you stick a VTEC badge on there while you're at it.

I was writing it the way he wrote it, I guess it's a bit too much for you to understand huh?
Jeesh lighten up polo..it was a mistake that I make by adding the extra r and dropping the p..pretty much everyone else but you was fine with the slight fopaux...I know what it stands for polo...you are pretty ****..aren't ya...I dont have a tribute shelby by the way....it has been sold for a while..I would explain to you why I built the tribute, but I think it would be lost on you...I mean a guy who supercharges a toyota corrolla is after all, a god right? ..

Last edited by cheftjpeck; 08-29-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:08 PM
polo708
2nd Gear Member

I know what it stands for polo...
Ah yes, that explains it being wrong on every one of your posts.

I dont have a tribute shelby by the way....it has been sold for a while.
How did you do that? Stick a YENKO badge on the back of it? Or was it a M5 badge? Sorry, its hard to keep up with all the poser cars out there.

I mean a guy who supercharges a toyota corrolla is after all, a god right? ..
Wow, I didnt even have to mention the word Corolla and the term god comes out? Thank you buddy. I'll take that as a compliment. I knew you weren't a *****, or pecker or whatever.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Bksnake
I have an 2009 Shelby GT500. I have about 1500 miles on it. I hear if you add a tune, CAI, and pipes you should go with the FRPP parts to keep it in warranty. Is it true that Ford has to install to keep warranty? Where is best online place to by Ford parts?
I live in Memphis. I hear the best Tunner around here is DynoSpeed. They use the SCT programer for there tunes and dyno. If I buy the Ford stuff that comes with a pre-set programer, can I override that programer and buy the SCT X3?
I guess what I want to know is. Is the Ford stuff the way to go.
Brand makes no difference on warranty. Once you change the OEM stuff (even to FRPP) you are subject to whatever the warranty on the FRPP or the aftermarket CAI stuff is.

Meaning...STOCK OEM INTAKE has 3/36. FRPP I believe only has 1/12 so you are subject to the 1/12 through ford IF ford installs it for you.

If you went aftermarket you'd be subject to aftermarket warranty through the OEM of that part.

Here's where it gets tricky...IF the FRPP Intake causes issues at 2/24 to the engine and it's proven that it is indeed the FRPP intake causing the problem...what is and is NOT covered under the 3/36 engine warranty because of the issue the (technicaly) aftermarket FRPP part caused??

FRPP is very conservative on their tunes, someone on here posted an objective review with facts from BAMA, Brenspeed, and from Fomoco on FRPP parts. The summary was FRPP was fine on the CAI but the Bama and Brenspeed tunes provided better shifting and less throttle lag than the FRPP tune. Especially on autmatic transmission models. I believe the HP figures were about the same though on an 87 tune from all three. (91) in your case.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:37 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Ah yes, that explains it being wrong on every one of your posts.

How did you do that? Stick a YENKO badge on the back of it? Or was it a M5 badge? Sorry, its hard to keep up with all the poser cars out there.

Wow, I didnt even have to mention the word Corolla and the term god comes out? Thank you buddy. I'll take that as a compliment. I knew you weren't a *****, or pecker or whatever.
wow...you really are mature....did it take you all day to come up with such inventive name calling...let me guess is that a play on my screen name....haven't heard that one before
to answer your badging..I went with the yenko badge...but it did not go well with my theme...so I went with a 1968 GT350 rear badge..it fit better...so your corrolla...did you get that from your grandma after she passed away? or did you actually go out and buy a 4 door corrolla to build....thats awesome...what a sleeper car?...I know when I hear the word corrolla..I think "Vroom Vroom" Sportscar...must be a west palm thing...it definitiely fits in over there thats for sure....

Last edited by cheftjpeck; 08-29-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Ready for Mods. Is FRPP the way to go?