Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

What is this Shelby GT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 AM
caverman

Default What is this Shelby GT?

I use to have a '95 Cobra and had to sell once I started expanding my family (car seats don't fit to well in the back seat). Now the kids are a little older and my wife wants another Mustang again.

So I was looking around on Ebay and came across a '07 Shelby GT350. It looks like the GT500 but was the standard 4.6 engine. I've never seen one before or since. It had the GT500 type hood (with the two vents), GT500 front fascia with the Cobra in it, GT350 along the lower side, chromed GT350 with the Corbra on the trunk (where you open it), 20" Shelby (Razor I think) wheels, was Gray with light Gray stripes. It was an awesome looking car and they only wanted $23k with 17K miles on it from a Ford Dealership. I can't seem to find any info about this car. When I look for Shelby GT 350 all I get is info about the ones that are made in Las Vegas. What is this Shelby? What should I be searching on? Does anyone have any information about it?
Old 03-11-2009, 11:48 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by caverman
I use to have a '95 Cobra and had to sell once I started expanding my family (car seats don't fit to well in the back seat). Now the kids are a little older and my wife wants another Mustang again.

So I was looking around on Ebay and came across a '07 Shelby GT350. It looks like the GT500 but was the standard 4.6 engine. I've never seen one before or since. It had the GT500 type hood (with the two vents), GT500 front fascia with the Cobra in it, GT350 along the lower side, chromed GT350 with the Corbra on the trunk (where you open it), 20" Shelby (Razor I think) wheels, was Gray with light Gray stripes. It was an awesome looking car and they only wanted $23k with 17K miles on it from a Ford Dealership. I can't seem to find any info about this car. When I look for Shelby GT 350 all I get is info about the ones that are made in Las Vegas. What is this Shelby? What should I be searching on? Does anyone have any information about it?
just a modded gt...no such thing as a modern day (s197) gt350. allot of people are doing these. I am sure its very sharp and basically just look at it as a GT with badging....I did the same with my 05 gt (not the nose change etc) and allot of people here have done an awesome job with it as well.. if the Dealer is trying to tell you its a GT350...drop the BS card on him....there are currently the following s197 vehicles with the shelby name on it....the The Shelby C6 (basically a modded V6 that shelby sells a kit for) Shelby GT...which has powered by ford badges on side and only came in 2 colors....white with silver and black with silver.... the gt500, the gt500 KR and the gt500 SUPER SNAKE....so when researching it and its value research it as a 2007 gt with 17k miles (Unless the dealer can provide you with certification that its a shelby gt which someone modded the **** out of..by the way shelby gt also comes with a stamped signature dash plaque) otherwise it is a Gt that someone modded...
do you have a link to it..the only 2007 I saw that resembled this was actually a 2007 CS6....good luck in your search
Old 03-11-2009, 12:53 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

There is a Shelby GT that is a basic modded GT that is done in Vegas from 06-08 and it is a real Documented Shelby! Some people just call it the GT350 thats all!
white/grey or black/grey or last model blue/grey, The 4.6 with a Steeda,FRPP cai kit and tune plus suspension mods as well.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:27 PM
caverman

I kept the pictures of it from the Ebay auction but the auction has already ended a few days ago. If I can figure how to post the pictures here with out having them on a web site I'll show you. Even if it was a GT moded up, it sure seems like a deal with all the mods, low miles, and only $23k (that's what they were asking - not necessarily what you get it for).

Let me see if I can figure out a way to get some pictures here.

Last edited by caverman; 03-11-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: additional info:
Old 03-11-2009, 02:03 PM
caverman

I added the pictures under my Photo Gallery. Take a look and tell me if you think this is just a modified GT? If so are there kits out there to do this? Where is the best place to buy the front fascia, spoilers, etc.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I added the pictures under my Photo Gallery. Take a look and tell me if you think this is just a modified GT? If so are there kits out there to do this? Where is the best place to buy the front fascia, spoilers, etc.
only 2 pics there.....just a modded GT...if its worth it or not is really a matter of opinion....what mods does it have? is it supercharged? any performance mods: CAI, Brake Upgrade, Suspension, exhaust? or is it all simply cosmetic upgrades....then the value is based on what you think its worth....otherwise as far as KBB or NADA etc ...it is a mustang gt....there are a number of places to buy the kits...just have to shop around..here is a link I just copied from a guy I bought my gt500 back end for my old car
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=438557
.ask people like mellowyellow...wolfcutter etc...they have better current info than I....its been a while since I built mine...good luck...

Last edited by cheftjpeck; 03-11-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:01 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
just a modded gt...no such thing as a modern day (s197) gt350. allot of people are doing these. I am sure its very sharp and basically just look at it as a GT with badging....I did the same with my 05 gt (not the nose change etc) and allot of people here have done an awesome job with it as well.. if the Dealer is trying to tell you its a GT350...drop the BS card on him....there are currently the following s197 vehicles with the shelby name on it....the The Shelby C6 (basically a modded V6 that shelby sells a kit for) Shelby GT...which has powered by ford badges on side and only came in 2 colors....white with silver and black with silver.... the gt500, the gt500 KR and the gt500 SUPER SNAKE....so when researching it and its value research it as a 2007 gt with 17k miles (Unless the dealer can provide you with certification that its a shelby gt which someone modded the **** out of..by the way shelby gt also comes with a stamped signature dash plaque) otherwise it is a Gt that someone modded...
do you have a link to it..the only 2007 I saw that resembled this was actually a 2007 CS6....good luck in your search
Shelby GT-H also
Old 03-11-2009, 08:38 PM
08SGT
1st Gear Member

hi i have been looking in to this because i have never heard of a shelby gt350 . . . .from the sounds o it it is a clone or dealer made and has nothing to do with shelby . . . but dont take my word for it . . . .if you go to the shelby website it has a list of there cars and has nothing with on the shelby gt 350
Old 03-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

The shelby list of cars is an UNRELIABLE source and not meaningful.

What is trying to be communicated by the vehicle here is that this is a GT500 clone with only 350 horsepower.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:22 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by silverscmustang
Shelby GT-H also
oh yeah who can forget the rental car...then we might as well mention the shelby gt500 427 edition....the list goes on....however the point to the OP is that there is no modern day gt350.....

Quick Reply: What is this Shelby GT?