Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

07 Shelby GT...22k?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 AM
0740mustang

Default 07 Shelby GT...22k?

Im looking at a Shelby GT, 07, with 1400 miles on it. thats not a typo :P

its black with the silver stripes. I nada.com'd it, and it blue books for 33k!!!

Now, since its a shelby, I assume these cars keep the value better than normal GTs, so im a bit worried. Its being sold by a very trusted dealer. So maybe they dont know what it is? :P

I wanted to wait until 2012 to upgrade to the 5.0, but this deal seems almost too good to pass up. What do you guys think?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:40 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I would go for it. That is a very cheap price for that car. Check it over good and make sure someone didn't just convert a GT into a Shelby. Check the VIN and see if they can run an OASIS on it. That will tell you the history of the car. That is a good color choice as well. The black and silver looks great.

In these economic times, they probably just want to get rid of it. See if it has been titled before. Chances are this is a left over one.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:51 AM
0740mustang

Yeah, im going to go check it out today. The color scheme is simply gorgeous before this I never even imagined owning a Shelby. Which brings me to my next question....im 22, do the Shelby GTs go for more on insurance than normal GTs?

Also, im 99% sure its genuine. They have pics of the dash plaque signed by CS.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:06 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

If they have the signed dash plaque, you can be sure it is genuine. I just looked on Craigslist for them in my area and I found one with 2200 miles for $27,500 and one with 12K miles for $28,500. I think you found a good priced car. As far as the insurance, it maybe a little higher than a Mustang GT simply because of the type of car it is plus it is rated at 25 more HP than a regular GT.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

The insurance is the same. That price is a joke, there have been over 50 cars that have had between 12 miles and 3000 miles on them sell for $32000 exactly (with almost no variation) based on "dealer" car sales for the past 3 months obtainable through transaction reports I just looked up.

Clearly the price is a typo and they mean $32,000, but the fact that you both said you could "almost" pass this up and the fact you're examining insurance prices in an atempt to justify not buying it is a clear indicator that you will never find a good car deal in your entire life.

I'm not just singling you out by saying that. I run a business on the side that finds extremely rare cars for sale at extremely low prices. For example Shelby Cobra replicas, GT500 KR's in rare colors (bought one last week) etc. I've told the same thing to people at least a dozen times. The fact is that to find a car that's even in the lowest 10th percentile takes searching every single day for 2 hours in 5 sources, and on average you'll have 4 days to close the deal before it's gone. By the time you've called your insurance company the car in the lowest 10th is going to be sold. This is statistically how it works. The lowest 10th is about 15%-20% off of the KBB. To find something in the lowest 5th percentile it only happens once a year looking for half an hour each day. Those close in 48 hours. I've personally only found and bought 10 cars in 7 years in the lowest 5th. Of course this all excludes POS cars. The lowest 5th is about 25% off consistently. Anything more than that has never happened if it isn't a POS.

Hopefully that helps.

You should PM me also... I have something you might be interested in that I came across 3 days ago although I haven't felt it out to see if it's any good.

Last edited by Legion5; 03-24-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:01 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I think with him checking around for insurance prices tell me he is a very well educated and responsible kid to me. Why would someone want to buy a car that they know they can handle the car payments but then findds out the price of the insurance is going to break the bank. I am glad he has taken the initiative to that before considering buying the car.

I am sure that he will check the price of the car before commiting to anything. For his sake, I hope it is the price he says it is. I know I would be jumping on that if I didn't have my GT500.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:24 PM
0740mustang

Thanks for your responses, guys.

I went over there today (my day off) and what do you know, sold last night
The price was correct, 22k. The reason I didnt take the rest of the day off yesterday and run to buy it was I had to get girlfriend approval before I did anything, and I wanted insurance quotes beforehand. But oh well, thats the way it goes. Leaves room for the new 5.0 in a couple years
Old 03-24-2009, 11:39 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0740mustang
Im looking at a Shelby GT, 07, with 1400 miles on it. thats not a typo :P

its black with the silver stripes. I nada.com'd it, and it blue books for 33k!!!

Now, since its a shelby, I assume these cars keep the value better than normal GTs, so im a bit worried. Its being sold by a very trusted dealer. So maybe they dont know what it is? :P

I wanted to wait until 2012 to upgrade to the 5.0, but this deal seems almost too good to pass up. What do you guys think?

Man if this is legit JUMP ON IT NOW that is a killer price . Its actually too good to be true Take a mechanic and have him check it out first and make sure its not damaged.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:43 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0740mustang
Thanks for your responses, guys.

I went over there today (my day off) and what do you know, sold last night
The price was correct, 22k. The reason I didnt take the rest of the day off yesterday and run to buy it was I had to get girlfriend approval before I did anything, and I wanted insurance quotes beforehand. But oh well, thats the way it goes. Leaves room for the new 5.0 in a couple years
Hate to tell you when u snooze you loose. Learn from this when opportunity knocks dont snooze jump on it. There is never a 2nd chance
Old 03-25-2009, 03:53 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

sorry, but that price at a dealership would lead me to believe it was damaged in some way.

You said "trusted dealer", is that a Ford dealer?
Because there is no such thing as a trusted used car dealer!

In Calif that would be a lemon, no doubt about it. I know all these jokers who refinanced their homes 3 years ago for an adjustable mortgage are now all losing their homes, and jobs too, but here in LA there are no deals like that on legit Shelby GTs. Even all the jet skis that they are being forced to sell are still coming with normal asking prices! Ha Ha!

Quick Reply: 07 Shelby GT...22k?