Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

LET MY MODS BEGIN!!

Old 09-10-2010, 06:49 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default LET MY MODS BEGIN!!

well maybe not begin...but getting some visual mods for my car...besides Pascal taking care of my severely road rashed bumper..we are changing the hood to the Cervinis TYPE IV ram air hood for the gt500....
here are some pics of the hood and stuff as it arrived from Cervinis...Pascal was very impressed with the shipment of it...no issues at all very nice

the only drawback was that there are no screens or mesh inserts for the front of hood...however....Pascal will take care of that...

Last edited by cheftjpeck; 10-15-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:51 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default PART TWO....fitment and start

now to see how the hood fits....and Pacal states...fitment was DEAD ON and when he started to block sand it....it is STRAIGHT AS AN ARROW

Cant wait.....
Old 09-10-2010, 06:55 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default BUMPER PREP AND PRIMER TIME

here is bumper prep and primer time...apparently the dealer did a crappy job repainting bumper as you will see they repainted 2 times....UGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is bumper rash....UGLY!!!!

this is Pascal showing the layers of paint they used

rest of prep and primed hood and bumper...ready for paint!!! WOOO HOOO!!

next paint....then stripes...final fitment...then photo shoot showing whole product...

Last edited by cheftjpeck; 10-15-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Got to love it when things go well!! Looking froward to the finished pics! Also if it was me... I wound be clear filming all that awesome new paint!

Last edited by Lifter583; 09-11-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:11 AM
zporta
5th Gear Member

damn that bumper is torn up.... how many miles on her?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:36 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by zporta
damn that bumper is torn up.... how many miles on her?
Only 26,000... However it's a combination of reasons why it got so rough including shoddy work after an incident over a year ago.. Some idiot was driving a 350z in front of me .. On a horribly gravel paved road (a road which consists of tar and loose gravel that is pressed into it.. The 350 z took off and spun gravel and sand at my car that virtually sandblasted my nose causing over 8k in damage... Went to bodyshop who proceeded to do a horrible prep job and thus the paint chipped away to easily.. So along with normal expected road dings I now have a road rash outbreak... But with Pascals fine workmanship all will be better and I will be looking into a clear bra for her once completed...
Old 09-11-2010, 01:49 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Yeah TJ, the clear bra is a good investment.
Should have done it to my car, at least the bumper.
It's chipped now.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:44 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

oh i didnt know that you had a bad experience getting it fixed. I remember when that moron launched gravel all over your front end... But its looking good
Old 09-11-2010, 08:02 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

nice car gonna look sick when done i cant wait to see it. def get the clear bra to help protect.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:05 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
Only 26,000... However it's a combination of reasons why it got so rough including shoddy work after an incident over a year ago.. Some idiot was driving a 350z in front of me .. On a horribly gravel paved road (a road which consists of tar and loose gravel that is pressed into it.. The 350 z took off and spun gravel and sand at my car that virtually sandblasted my nose causing over 8k in damage... Went to bodyshop who proceeded to do a horrible prep job and thus the paint chipped away to easily.. So along with normal expected road dings I now have a road rash outbreak... But with Pascals fine workmanship all will be better and I will be looking into a clear bra for her once completed...
I remember that incident TJ....you handled it very well too...anyway I thought a reveal was to happen when all is said and done?...too excited perhaps..
lol...I would be too!

I should have went with Cervini in the first place too...now I have a very functional POS hood that needs about 1300 bucks of prep and paint (no I am not bitter)..lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LET MY MODS BEGIN!!