Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Got Stopped the Other Day

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:58 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Default Got Stopped the Other Day

I was on the way to work the other morning and had seen several state troopers, so I had the cruise control set on the limit (65). I had the Redline RD on and when it went off I looked down to make sure the speed was OK. There were 4 other cars in the group and I was bringing up the rear. When the tooper rounded the bend he hit the lights and made a U Turn. I figured he was after one of the other guys who were long gone. But sure enough he pulled me over and said he had me locked in at 76 mph. I said I didnt really understand why because my cruise control was set on 65 and I asked him if he could have locked onto one of the other cars. He said no he clocked me at 76. I stated again that I really didnt understand that and told him that he set my radar detector off and I looked down and made sure I wasnt speeding and didnt touch anything and was really shocked when he stopped me. He asked me why I had a RD if I wasn't speeding and then turned real nice and asked me where I worked and said I had a beautiful car. Then wrote me a warning ticket. I think he locked on to someone and stopped the fastest looking car and when I started talking logically to him (and I wasnt speeding) he decided it probably wouldn't make it through court. Anyone else ever have that happen?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:17 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Mark!!!!

GOOD for you!!! I get so sick and tired of getting singled out in a crowd of cars just because of their looks. My recent ticket I was told I was going "somewhere between 85-89".....I've never been given an estimation of wrongful doing. Lol.

He was wrong, bottom line. Numbers and cruise control don't lie. I am usually very polite and nonconfrontational with officers, but the next one is going to have an argument on his hands from me.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Waid Here

Originally Posted by MarkMan
I was on the way to work the other morning and had seen several state troopers, so I had the cruise control set on the limit (65). I had the Redline RD on and when it went off I looked down to make sure the speed was OK. There were 4 other cars in the group and I was bringing up the rear. When the tooper rounded the bend he hit the lights and made a U Turn. I figured he was after one of the other guys who were long gone. But sure enough he pulled me over and said he had me locked in at 76 mph. I said I didnt really understand why because my cruise control was set on 65 and I asked him if he could have locked onto one of the other cars. He said no he clocked me at 76. I stated again that I really didnt understand that and told him that he set my radar detector off and I looked down and made sure I wasnt speeding and didnt touch anything and was really shocked when he stopped me. He asked me why I had a RD if I wasn't speeding and then turned real nice and asked me where I worked and said I had a beautiful car. Then wrote me a warning ticket. I think he locked on to someone and stopped the fastest looking car and when I started talking logically to him (and I wasnt speeding) he decided it probably wouldn't make it through court. Anyone else ever have that happen?
yes I have. I always try to be unfailingly polite and never volunteer anything. In all my years, I've never had a ticket stick.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:07 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Hi Shella & Thanks!
Well I put some used FRPP Stingers on the car Tuesday and it sounds a LOT better! I Let my brother drive it up the road so I could really hear what it sounded like. He went up about 1/2 mile and turned around.....Heard the exhaust real well and could hear the super charger whine about equally as well. Nice sounding stuff! I also have some Strano parts for the suspension here also but the struts were out of stock and should be here in a week or two (Steeda comp springs & Koni Adjustable)! Should lower it about 1.25 to 1.5" in back and about 3/4" in front! Just to update ya!

How's things going? We are doing good on this end.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:11 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Waid Here
yes I have. I always try to be unfailingly polite and never volunteer anything. In all my years, I've never had a ticket stick.
Sound advice and that's how I always try to handle things. Your record is better than mine tho! Ha!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Vicious GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkMan
I have caused two innocent people to be pulled over in a similar situation. Both times I was flying and had to slow for a slower car. The cops hiding with their radar assume it's the car in front speeding.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

I have been fortunate!! In 27k on my GT and 7k miles on my GT500 I have never been ticketed (please dont let the lightning strike now!) and I do haul a**...I have my RD on max and I slam the brakes down hard whenever it goes off...so far so good...
Old 10-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
Mark!!!!

GOOD for you!!! I get so sick and tired of getting singled out in a crowd of cars just because of their looks. My recent ticket I was told I was going "somewhere between 85-89".....I've never been given an estimation of wrongful doing. Lol.

He was wrong, bottom line. Numbers and cruise control don't lie. I am usually very polite and nonconfrontational with officers, but the next one is going to have an argument on his hands from me.
you got a ticket?? ...need more cleavage showing!~!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Vicious GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifter583
you got a ticket?? ...need more cleavage showing!~!
That's why I drive naked.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:06 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

glad to hear you were only given a warning ticket..

Quick Reply: Got Stopped the Other Day