Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Yes, I drive her in the snow.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:23 PM
GRABBER CS
3rd Gear Member

I'm lookin' at the new vortech blower. It's a direct replacement pretty much and puts out impressive numbers. I'll be gone a year so I have plenty of time to figure out what I want
Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 PM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

i came out to this after couple classes on campus

Old 01-11-2011, 11:31 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

I was like whoa that CTS coupe has Texas plates! Then I saw you were in NC :0(
Old 01-11-2011, 11:32 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KonaStangPete
i came out to this after couple classes on campus

Isnt that the most de-motivational thing you can see..EVER? Man, I wake up daily to that (lately we've been getting a lot of snow) and at 7am (college classes are late lol) its one of those things that makes me want to crawl back into bed and cry silently.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I know the painful feeling of walking out to the mustang with snow all over it haha.

A few weeks back I was at a "Dining out" party with other air force cadets and i wore my new suit and everything, it was great, and got a bunch of compliments on the car on my way in. Well while we're out it starts snowing heavy, and when we walk back out there's about 4-5 inches down all over the poor baby. To make everything even better, my friend's car wouldn't start so I also had to give him a ride home and out here in Illinois, apparently we're so broke we don't believe in plowing roads until the last flake of snow hits the ground.

So began the folly of trying to wipe off the car while keep my suit from getting messed up, and then sliding my way back to my friends house and then my own. This wonderful event inspired me to invest in chains. lol
Old 01-12-2011, 12:08 AM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Isnt that the most de-motivational thing you can see..EVER? Man, I wake up daily to that (lately we've been getting a lot of snow) and at 7am (college classes are late lol) its one of those things that makes me want to crawl back into bed and cry silently.
thank god i dont wake up daily to that, its usually in a garage over night, this was just a couple hours in a parking lot while i was in class, 5 min later as i pull up to this intersection some idiot in a minivan (from the right making a left turn) over steers like a **** and spins out right in the middle of the intersection

and lolz, apparently ohio's in the same boat cuz on the way home even the highways were total crap, i could barley get up the on ramp
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KonaStangPete
thank god i dont wake up daily to that, its usually in a garage over night, this was just a couple hours in a parking lot while i was in class, 5 min later as i pull up to this intersection some idiot in a minivan (from the right making a left turn) over steers like a **** and spins out right in the middle of the intersection

and lolz, apparently ohio's in the same boat cuz on the way home even the highways were total crap, i could barley get up the on ramp
lol, he spun out in a minivan? Wow, the people over here just plow into trees and light poles haha. Those things usually have atrocious understeer
And yeah, I went up some hills sideways today, I swear, the day I get the snows taken off(we had a huge pause in snow fall over winter break) the snow starts to pour down
Gotta get em put back on this weekend...
Old 01-12-2011, 06:25 AM
dennisafrompa
1st Gear Member

Talking I thought they were called "dining in"....

Originally Posted by pdonket
I know the painful feeling of walking out to the mustang with snow all over it haha.

A few weeks back I was at a "Dining out" party with other air force cadets and i wore my new suit and everything, it was great, and got a bunch of compliments on the car on my way in. Well while we're out it starts snowing heavy, and when we walk back out there's about 4-5 inches down all over the poor baby. To make everything even better, my friend's car wouldn't start so I also had to give him a ride home and out here in Illinois, apparently we're so broke we don't believe in plowing roads until the last flake of snow hits the ground.

So began the folly of trying to wipe off the car while keep my suit from getting messed up, and then sliding my way back to my friends house and then my own. This wonderful event inspired me to invest in chains. lol
...at least they were in my day. 1966-1990. Before the AF got more gentile, they were pretty knock down affairs. Come to think of it when wives were invited it was called a "dining out" and they didn't calm down the affairs a bit, but that was way back when.

And that "suite" isn't it a mess dress?
Old 01-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I'm moving to AZ the second I graduate college, I'm so sick of the midwest
Old 01-12-2011, 11:20 AM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
lol, he spun out in a minivan? Wow, the people over here just plow into trees and light poles haha. Those things usually have atrocious understeer
And yeah, I went up some hills sideways today, I swear, the day I get the snows taken off(we had a huge pause in snow fall over winter break) the snow starts to pour down
Gotta get em put back on this weekend...
haha yep def minivan, yea i was a bit confused on the oversteer too. every fwd i'v driven understeered like hell in snow, i used to just use the e-brake to get the cars to turn in, completely different experience on the stang
i'm rolling on the factory all seasons, its pretty bad

Quick Reply: Yes, I drive her in the snow.