Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Purchasing an '07 GT500

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Mine has 2350 miles and no problems as of yet mind you I drive her like gramps so I do not see any problems in the future either.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

@ Steve & Adidas, that's really what I want to do to mine. Did you take yours to VMP in Fla? And what else was required? Did you both upgrade the fuel systems, radiator etc?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by adidasUNT8
I'm right there with you Steve... best decision I've made as well VMP TVS FTW!!

I'm looking forward to playing with the new GT500's and the ZL1's
I agree !! I would never trade my 08 for anything(just turned over 10k)...the mods I have completed bring the crank hp close to the 2013...and if I wish I can go the next level of the TVS as others have done...there is nothing the new 13 can offer me...IMO...

Last edited by Lifter583; 03-23-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkMan
@ Steve & Adidas, that's really what I want to do to mine. Did you take yours to VMP in Fla? And what else was required? Did you both upgrade the fuel systems, radiator etc?
No... You do not have to make the trip to Florida. You just email BJ or Justin the mods that you have, along with the PCM Code on your car. If you already have a SCT tuner, they need the serial number on the back or you can purchase a new one from them. If you already have a tuner, they will email you the tune or have it loaded on a programmer if you buy one from them. I did the install with a buddy of mine, and it literally took 80 minutes (not rushing) to install the VMP TVS blower, 65mm throttle body, and JLT Big Air 127mm CAI. A whole different beast now! You only need to upgrade the fuel system if you are running a lower pulley and upgraded TB I believe. If you are running the stock lower pulley you should be fine.

I am going to be putting on 1-piece driveshaft, longtubes, o/r x, full 3" exhaust, and lower pulley. So it is time for me to upgrade the fuel system along with it. I got the 72lb injectors from Van at RevanRacing (also a great contact) via his exchange program (because mine is a DD) and the VMP Boost-a-pump. They say you only need one or the other, but I want the extra margin of safety.

So I got the tune from them for $300 but it also comes with free updates to the tune (within reason... they don't want you asking for a new tune every month because you changed one thing). Since I am getting several things done at once, it works out well. I can't wait for the extra goodies!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the info adidas! Sounds like the way I would like to go with mine. All stock except JLT Intake and I have an SCT tuner. I don't really want a 2013 (mainly too expensive), and I have a lot of time and effort and money in mine! Didn't mean to hijack the thread OP!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:37 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by adidasUNT8
I'm right there with you Steve... best decision I've made as well VMP TVS FTW!!

I'm looking forward to playing with the new GT500's and the ZL1's
Absolutely guys!!!! VMP TVS rocks
Having over 750hp with just a blower swap, stock tb and injectors ??? Unheard of but VMP TVS makes it real...
Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 AM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkMan
Like Adidas said, it is a pretty simple install. Very straight forward and the fit is absolutely perfect. The VMP TVS is a great choice for a blower, and is actually about the cheapest option out there. Along with the blower, I added a FRPP 65mm TB and JLT 123mm Big Air CAI..... I also went with the VMP BAP and 72 lb/injectors, just for the added safety since I push my car pretty hard at the track. The only other mods to my car are a 10% OD lower, AFCO heat exchanger and bigger reservoir, 170* thermostat, and O/R Xpipe. The VMP tune was on the money, and you will get three tunes with the blower package, as well as three pulleys to vary your boost level if you want to. I attatched my graph from the dyno for reference... the lower number were with a pretty conservative tune, and the higher numbers were when we leaned on it a little and added some timing. The A/F was perfect on both tunes, and after I did some data logging on the dyno, Justin sent me a slightly updated tune just to improve drivability, which I pretty much thought was perfect to begin with. Really cant even tell anything has changed until you mash the gas... and then you'd better HOLD ON!!!

To the OP, sorry for getting off topic a little here... BUT, you are getting ready to buy one of these things, so you might as well know what they are capable of with a few VERY simple modifications.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:22 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the replies Adidas, Steve & TJ. I think I'm gonna do that next! Looks really impressive!
Old 03-25-2012, 11:10 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

just dyno'd mine yesterday... I am going to put the longtubes and lower on in a week or so... but mine was 649/612... should be close to steve with the lower pulley, longtubes and o/r x. I'm always trying to catch steve haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6wx...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-25-2012, 03:18 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

In case you missed it Markman... Here's my dyno... 08 gt500 stock Throttle body, Ford CAI, stock injectors etc.. VMP TVS.. With Tune and install done by VMPNo other mods (engine wise) 676 Rwhp.. 666 torque

Sorry OP... But as Steve said.. A great mod to consider
To me ... A must have.

Quick Reply: Purchasing an '07 GT500