Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

How Would You Feel...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:39 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Default How Would You Feel...

...as a Shelby owner if someone put "SHELBY" letters on their non-Shelby Mustang, but added a little extra emblem that read "NOT A" above the "S" in "SHELBY"? Would that mitigate the butt-hurt you guys have over mis-badging cars?

Old 07-08-2012, 11:19 AM
zporta
5th Gear Member

i would say its their car they can do what they want
Old 07-08-2012, 11:40 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

While i agree with the whole its your car bit, i think its still pretty lame idea lol
Old 07-08-2012, 01:52 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Personally I don't care who badges their car and with what.. It's your car ...also when you say you guys that's painting a whole group with one brush.. Not very fair really.. Not everyone is **** retentive when it comes to someone badging or modding their car their way.. I say badge it Shelby... Badge it whatever you want.. I had an 05 tribute to my dads 68 Shelby gt350... Did it rub certain people the wrong way... I guess so.. But I truly didn't care ...my car my choice.. No matter what you do.. It really doesn't matter... Haters will always hate..
Old 07-08-2012, 04:29 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
Personally I don't care who badges their car and with what.. It's your car ...also when you say you guys that's painting a whole group with one brush.. Not very fair really.. Not everyone is **** retentive when it comes to someone badging or modding their car their way.. I say badge it Shelby... Badge it whatever you want.. I had an 05 tribute to my dads 68 Shelby gt350... Did it rub certain people the wrong way... I guess so.. But I truly didn't care ...my car my choice.. No matter what you do.. It really doesn't matter... Haters will always hate..
You're absolutely right. Not all Shelby owners are like that (I met one this weekend that wasn't). I bet a lot of Shelby owners don't even know you can get a V6 Shelby (called a "GT-S" which at "Stage 1" is nothing but a body kit, interior upgrade, and the number tag). The world is a strange place, indeed.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:12 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
You're absolutely right. Not all Shelby owners are like that (I met one this weekend that wasn't). I bet a lot of Shelby owners don't even know you can get a V6 Shelby (called a "GT-S" which at "Stage 1" is nothing but a body kit, interior upgrade, and the number tag). The world is a strange place, indeed.
There are a lot of Shelby's out there....anyone who is a true Shelby enthusiast probably is aware.. However not all Shelby owners are enthusiasts.. In fact I know quite a few fellow owners who dont drink the Kool aid ... And like their gt500's and other Shelby models for reasons other than the name etc and actually prefer if the name wasn't there.. Me.. I'm an enthusiast who drives his 08 gt500 with 750+ hp every day ... Rain or shine..... Never races it but just enjoys the heck out of it.. When people stop and gawk .. Or make comments I thank them.. But really don't brag at all.. Just enjoy my car ..
Old 07-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Everyone makes their own choice but I think it's a ridiculous thing to do.

I also think it often means people are lacking in pride for what they really have.
That's sad. You should be proud of your Mustang and not think you must make it look like it is more than it is.

We have owned a 06GT and now own our 08GT500

Did I LOVE the GT500's and drool over them? YES.
But I was still proud of what I had and did not think less of it or think
I needed to rep it as something it was not.

Not Hating. I just don't understand the thinking behind it other than insecurity, and wanting to fool people, that does rub me some the wrong way because people should be
proud of what they have.
If you are making a true clone as a tribute that is a different story.
Like I said again.. not hating.

But as far as that saying haters gonna hate... in this situation you could also say
fakers gonna fake, and Jealousers gonna be Jealous lol

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 07-12-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:46 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Im not being a purist here, but I don't think you should do it. I looked over your build thread and maaaannn...your car looks awesome.

I'd personally forgo the Shelby lettering from something wicked custom...like BADASS in chrome with blue flames or something similar. It's not about the Shelby nameplate IMO. It's about you have a car that looks really really good and so you should try to find a way to take credit and make it even more unique than it is. After all, you did the work, so why give Shelby credit for all of your time, money and effort?

If its about just having the Shelby badge on their out of respect, then sure, why the heck not? But I'd be more about making it over the top and more personal without looking cheesy.

Last edited by wcgman; 07-12-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:26 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Everyone makes their own choice but I think it's a ridiculous thing to do.

I also think it often means people are lacking in pride for what they really have.
That's sad. You should be proud of your Mustang and not think you must make it look like it is more than it is.

We have owned a 06GT and now own our 08GT500

Did I LOVE the GT500's and drool over them? YES.
But I was still proud of what I had and did not think less of it or think
I needed to rep it as something it was not.

Not Hating. I just don't understand the thinking behind it other than insecurity, and wanting to fool people, that does rub me some the wrong way because people should be
proud of what they have.
If you are making a true clone as a tribute that is a different story.
Like I said again.. not hating.

But as far as that saying haters gonna hate... in this situation you could also say
fakers gonna fake, and Jealousers gonna be Jealous lol
Unfortunately though even tributes get people going and pissed... I did my 05 before the gt350 was even mentioned.. I did it as a true tribute to my dads 1968 blue gt350 he had to sell due to well raising a family etc.. Built it with my dads input etc.. But seriously people just hated away.. It was not just show either... It had plenty of go... But you would think I killed someone's puppy when I showed it off in here...never heard anything from anyone who saw In person except compliments... But sold it (as a gt not trying to fool anyone or mislead) and got my gt500...

So those who hate.. Continued to hate...

But it's like I said :.your car OP ... Do with it what you like...
Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
After all, you did the work, so why give Shelby credit for all of your time, money and effort?
This.

The Shelby name is just that, some guy's name that took a stock mustang and modded it to his likeing and his needs and then put his name on it. With that said, you took a stock mustang and modded it to your liking and needs so why not put your name on it?

Quick Reply: How Would You Feel...