Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

McLeod RXT vs. RST

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
mcate
2nd Gear Member

Default McLeod RXT vs. RST

Been seeing a lot of posts in the various GT500 forums about the McLeod RXT. Talked to American Muscle yesterday (about other things) & the conversation eventually moved to my clutch shuddering problem. The guy there recommended the RST for me, as I'm not planning on ever making 1000 hp. Anyone have experience with the RST?

PS I'm about to go to battle with Ford over my clutch. Car has a month of bumper-to-bumper left, & I want them to give me a 2010 clutch upgrade. I know the most recent TSB states that shudder is a "normal operating characteristic", & that they're not doing the upgrade anymore, but I'm going to try anyway. When I back up, or try to take off uphill, the whole damn car shakes. I've bought a lot of new Fords in the past 27 years, & if they want me to continue doing so they'll make this right.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mcate
Been seeing a lot of posts in the various GT500 forums about the McLeod RXT. Talked to American Muscle yesterday (about other things) & the conversation eventually moved to my clutch shuddering problem. The guy there recommended the RST for me, as I'm not planning on ever making 1000 hp. Anyone have experience with the RST?

PS I'm about to go to battle with Ford over my clutch. Car has a month of bumper-to-bumper left, & I want them to give me a 2010 clutch upgrade. I know the most recent TSB states that shudder is a "normal operating characteristic", & that they're not doing the upgrade anymore, but I'm going to try anyway. When I back up, or try to take off uphill, the whole damn car shakes. I've bought a lot of new Fords in the past 27 years, & if they want me to continue doing so they'll make this right.

mcate,

The RST is a good option for a bolt-on GT500. They have a great smooth feel that reminds you of stock, but still has the performance grip as well. You'll be very happy with either the RST or RXT honestly. If you do plan on hanging onto the car for a long time and possible do some extreme mods down the road, I might just got for the RXT. It has a good feel as well, but is a little more grabby.

That being said, I definitely think you should see if you can get your dealer to replace the clutch with the upgraded 2010 version. Obviously, that's the best bang for you buck since it's free, plus you'll literally have a factory feel clutch.

Good luck at the dealer. Let us know how you make out!

Shane
Old 09-21-2012, 01:34 PM
mcate
2nd Gear Member

Thanx, Shane. I was on the phone with Mark yesterday. Had never heard of the RST before until he mentioned it. Seems like a good option, just trying to get some more opinions. My plans for the car aren't extreme. CAI, tune, pulley, & 3.73's should be plenty.
The dealer is on my side, I've just got to convince Ford!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:57 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I Reccommend the RXT... I've had the stock ; then the tsb replacement
I have heard of more people with issues with the rst ... I know some who have been very satisfied with the rst but blown away by the rxt.. For only a couple bucks more I might as well get the rxt..
However I respectfully disagree with anyone saying the rxt is grabby at all.. To me the rxt has a better and smoother feel than the the 2010 tsb ... And many agree
Old 09-26-2012, 10:30 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

+1 on the RXT. I love mine