Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Finally doing my first real upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 03:39 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default Finally doing my first real upgrade

Ordered Eibach sportline lowering springs. I'll get detailed before and after pics once they get here. Since Im going this route, I guess my next upgrade is going to have to be LCA's. Heck...should have just ordered those while I was in there. lol
Old 09-16-2013, 03:42 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

lol...I showed pics of some of the GT500's to a buddy of mine and then he asked if anyone would murder me if I plasti-dipped my GT500 to which I responded I might have to murder myself for doing that.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Ordered Eibach sportline lowering springs. I'll get detailed before and after pics once they get here. Since Im going this route, I guess my next upgrade is going to have to be LCA's. Heck...should have just ordered those while I was in there. lol
LOL...I thought you were a deadfast "keep it stock" guy...you are now on the edge of the black hole...
Old 09-16-2013, 08:54 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

You will like the Eibachs. Still keeps a decent ride and looks great. You will probably need an adjustable panhard bar to get the rear axle centered back under the car. If you are not going to race your car I wouldn't waste the money on the LCAs. Just my .02
Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT500Steve
You will like the Eibachs. Still keeps a decent ride and looks great. You will probably need an adjustable panhard bar to get the rear axle centered back under the car. If you are not going to race your car I wouldn't waste the money on the LCAs. Just my .02
i'll measure before and after and if it's good, I aint gonna worry about the panhard, but if it goes off center, yeah definitely. As it is getting towards winter and with all the rain we've had in Aurora, I suspect it's gonna be a long winter so should have plenty of time to work on it if needed.

And I get z little wheel hop now sometimes when I get on it and the LCA's have cured it every other stang Ive had...but for now I'll save my coin and see how it does after the install.

I know I should probably consider swapping out dampeners for Tokicos or something, but do you think the stock ones are good enough?

Last edited by wcgman; 09-16-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:16 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifter583
LOL...I thought you were a deadfast "keep it stock" guy...you are now on the edge of the black hole...
I blame my wife. She had to get that 07 GT with the FR suspension and made me envious. Then american muscle had to go and put 'em on clearance

V.I.N.C.E.N.T. and Earnest Borgnine warned me this might happen. lol
Old 09-17-2013, 11:53 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

LOL!!! It starts... Unfortunately it doesn't stop here though.. Good luck with the dreaded mod bug
Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Not dreaded...cherished!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:48 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

It's dreaded as you empty your wallet and convince your wife each time that it was necessary !!!

LOL
Old 09-18-2013, 10:57 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

You will like the Eibachs. Welcome the group that can't leave well enough alone! Now you will always be thinking: What's next!

Quick Reply: Finally doing my first real upgrade