Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

First mod ideas...

Old 05-02-2014, 09:54 AM
todrick
2nd Gear Member

Default First mod ideas...

Ok, so I traded up to the GT500 from my GT and had to ship back my Eibach pro kit and brushed aluminum radiator cover I had ready for install on the GT. What would be the first thing I should look to do to the new one in the $350-400 price range? Wifey said no modding on this one for a while but I can play off the 'returned for store credit" bit because leaving stock alone for any length of time is never fun. Just wanting some ideas to go off of. Basically I have a list in my head already, but some far exceed the 'credit."

CAI w/tuner combo
Smaller pulley w/pulley tool
Coilovers
Various cosmetic goodies (window scoops, engine accessories, etc
Old 05-02-2014, 02:35 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I would say it depends on how comfortable you are with the power of the new ride. It can take a little getting used to, but if you're quickly adjusting, then more power is the trick or handling. Eibach kits work pretty well too for that.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:50 PM
todrick
2nd Gear Member

Definitely wanting some handling/ride height adjustments. Want to make it look even better with the stance lowered.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:42 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I really like the Eibach sportlines. With 19's it fills the wheel well and arches very cleanly.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:35 AM
todrick
2nd Gear Member

Default Springs or?

U think just springs will suffice or should I opt for coilovers? I have 18s on it now. I like the rims but want a lower profile tire. Running 40s and 45s now. Can't remember right offhand my fronts but I have 285s in the rear.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:56 PM
need4speed
Former Sponsor

Hey my man congratulations on your purchase, for that price range i would recommend an upgraded throttle body, throttle bodys really compliment superchargers, the throttle body wont give you to much extra power but what it will improve is your throttle response.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:38 AM
tenfifteen
1st Gear Member

Unless you need to adjust constantly, springs & shocks should be fine. This was the recommendation given to me when I picked up my '13, and I have been happy with the performance and savings.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:36 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Smaller pulley and CAI/Tuner will net you about 100rwhp for around $1000. I woud suggest VMP tuning, justin is a top notch tuner. That is the starting point....

Whatever you do though, do NOT add a CAI without a tune.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:48 AM
todrick
2nd Gear Member

I'm definitely doing the CAI/tuner combo or either just a straight CAI and getting a dyno tune. Hesistant about a smaller pulley now that I have heard it causes the SC to wear out faster due to working harder. Any thoughts?
Old 05-16-2014, 03:35 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by todrick
I'm definitely doing the CAI/tuner combo or either just a straight CAI and getting a dyno tune. Hesistant about a smaller pulley now that I have heard it causes the SC to wear out faster due to working harder. Any thoughts?
That's bad advice.... Nothing could be further from the truth. Do the pulley, it won't hurt a thing. Plus the car will be tons faster and much more fun to drive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First mod ideas...