Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

AM service quality SUCKS this time!

Old 07-17-2014, 02:44 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Was this over the phone?

It's been a while but I had tried to order some tires from them and called and asked if they would price match, which the dude said "no". Later I pm'd the forum rep and they actually did price match and I placed my order that afternoon.

Its hit or miss but if your conversations were by phone, try PMing the rep on here.
Yeah it was a phone call. The person that answered was very rude to me. After the initial confrontation I asked for his manager. His manager was slightly less rude, but still nearly refused to give a refund.

It was only after I threatened to go on the forums and tell everyone what a ****ty company they were running, that they agreed to refund the tune money.

Personally I really can't say anything positive about their company, but I do know that many people here have had good experiences with them.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

The word is getting around. I talked to my buddy that runs a Mustang Shop and he said he's heard AM is going down in flames.
I am getting ready to order a complete exhaust system for my '85 GT. You can bet it won't come from AM.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:30 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

If you want bad customer service, it took Steeda 3 whole weeks to get me a tune that worked. Kept getting excuses about their email being down, their phones being out, etc. Then said they would give me a "significant discount" on my next purchase to make up for my troubles, and only offered me $100 off the Steeda axle backs.
I had to call, email, or pm a rep on this forum practically every day to see why I had not received anything, or any information. Customer service everywhere is dwindling.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:37 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Well, I told AM that the T-shirt will not be satisfactory, they finally got back to me and said they will give me some sort of discount on my next order. I asked for a refund and they said no. Live and learn I guess.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:05 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbradle4
Customer service everywhere is dwindling.
Agreed. So sad. People these days seem to value a low price and convenient sale above everything else, so stores like Walmart can take over everything, and all phone customer service centers can be outsourced to India. I for one value the customer's relationship with the company, and their desire to see the product through. I suppose I am in the minority though.

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
I asked for a refund and they said no. Live and learn I guess.
Wow, I would not accept that for one second, but I guess you have bigger fish to fry than a arguing over a couple bucks.

My go-to in any dispute like this is to first ask for the manager, then if the manager doesn't budge tell him/her that I will post negative reviews online and contact the BBB with my complaint. Those 2 things usually get results.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Any luck getting this resolved? I sure hope they take care of this. Surprised there hasn't been a response from them yet.

Last edited by jz; 07-25-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:50 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

I second all this. They refused to refund premium shipping for me when I was in a near emergency situation- will take ALOT for me to order from them again.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:55 AM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Personally, I would use CJ Ponty Parts or look up Jay at Hypermotive Performance....those guys fing rock.

AM is my last resort.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:24 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I personally haven't had any issues but I only order a few things from them. Brenspeed is generally who I order from b/c they are basically in my back yard. I would say that the packaging problem is b/c they don't check the packaging of every part that is shipped. Even brenspeed doesn't keep everything in their warehouse. Usually they just call the company for the part then its shipped from that particular place to your house. So its up to that company for packaging. Even if it is on hand at the warehouse they probably just ship it.

I don't see very many complaints and I believe some had zero merit to them. Others do. Its a company they are not perfect and none are. There is always room for improvement.. It is what it is.