Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Lost three cylinders 2014 Shelby GT500 need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Vegas DSS GT

Default Lost three cylinders 2014 Shelby GT500 need help!!

My buddy pretty much destroyed his motor in his new Shelby GT 500. He contaminated three cylinders and Has lost compression so now were looking for a shop to pull the motor and rebuild it and reinstall or shop to pull the motor we can ship it off to California have it rebuilt and then reinstall the motor.. I could pull it and put it back in but not in the time he needs. The car is in Las Vegas I've made some calls and have been told by lot of shops that really no one in vegas is set up or qualifying to rebuild this motor it would need to go to Arizona or California !! That's really hard to believe but I've heard it of from quite a few guys I know I've been in the racing world for a long time and that's even what the dealership saying.. So I've come to you guys for your input any and all would be helpful thank you very much..
Old 08-09-2014, 07:02 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

I find this hard to believe, since Shelby is based in Las Vegas, and I'm pretty sure they can do what ever needs done.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:56 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
I find this hard to believe, since Shelby is based in Las Vegas, and I'm pretty sure they can do what ever needs done.
if it's a stock GT500 then Ford built the engine, not Shelby.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:53 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

May i ask what happened to the shelby to make 3 cylinders fail?
Old 08-09-2014, 09:54 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
if it's a stock GT500 then Ford built the engine, not Shelby.
Yes clearly Ford built it, and being a 14 it should be fixed under warranty, but he said no one in Las Vegas is qualified to work on them, I was just saying Shelby is.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:00 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

If it is a valid warranty claim, any ford dealer should take care of it.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:04 AM
Vegas DSS GT

Originally Posted by cema93
May i ask what happened to the shelby to make 3 cylinders fail?
Shelley only works on their cars so the one post is correct back in the past they used to work on non Shelby cars..my buddy gave this car to his son he is the one that destroyed this motor first thing he was put 5.4 plugs in it which cross threaded the the heads in return drop metal shavings in the cylinder walls and if that wasn't bad enough he striped some bolts and decided to drill the bolt out and tap them while he had plugs out of the car there for metal shavings dropped into the cylinders and contaminate the motor. Who knows what else this kid has done but there is no way ford will warranty this it's his dumbass mistakes!! I'm just trying to help my buddy get his car back together he is a good guy.. his 23yr old kid 100% Dumbass..
Old 08-11-2014, 04:32 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

sounds like the kind of guy you'd really want to give a 660 hp car to.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Vegas DSS GT

Originally Posted by jz78817
sounds like the kind of guy you'd really want to give a 660 hp car to.
I agree 100%!! Back to the issue of trying to figure out what is the best way to go with this motor.. I've move some things around in my schedule so I'm going to pull the motor out this week. I have a motor crate so I can ship this thing. anybody knows of a real good modular shop that you would trust your motor At please give me the info !! I've heard really good things about ACCU FAB in Ontario California anybody have experience working with this Shop ?? Thank u ..
Old 08-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Vegas DSS GT
Shelley only works on their cars so the one post is correct back in the past they used to work on non Shelby cars..my buddy gave this car to his son he is the one that destroyed this motor first thing he was put 5.4 plugs in it which cross threaded the the heads in return drop metal shavings in the cylinder walls and if that wasn't bad enough he striped some bolts and decided to drill the bolt out and tap them while he had plugs out of the car there for metal shavings dropped into the cylinders and contaminate the motor. Who knows what else this kid has done but there is no way ford will warranty this it's his dumbass mistakes!! I'm just trying to help my buddy get his car back together he is a good guy.. his 23yr old kid 100% Dumbass..
Wut? Why would anyone even mess with a motor in a brand new car for something as simple as plugs unless they did an upgrade to the Fuel Induction system that necessitated it?

Regardless, no one will cover the car as a warranty.

Two options, take it somewhere and have them fix it back to stock or, time to pay for upgrades...heads are probably going to be expensive if you get upgraded ones. If you luck out, you may find some take-off OEM's from someone that did some serious upgrades to their own GT500 heads.

Quick Reply: Lost three cylinders 2014 Shelby GT500 need help!!