Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > S197 Shelby Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-17-2014, 12:20 AM   #21
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: Ford Ranger Roush Replica

bump cause of bored

yes yes pics, or it never happened.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
AK_Kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #22
Vegas DSS GT

Vehicle: 2000 ford mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
it needs a new motor. you're not rebuilding that one. The cylinder walls aren't sleeved; they use a sprayed coating of iron via plasma arc transfer. if the cylinder walls are scored then the block is junk.
You can sleeve it they have already done a cpl but you end up with a 5.4 yo off set that they are jumping the compression up.. I personally don't have the details on this if u would like a education on it call John at Acuu fab in California. . But yes 100% u can sleeve it.. it's what my buddies doing to his + upgrade rods camshafts ect.. the rebuild will be around 20k when all said and done. . A new ford Motor swap was 33k+ his motor as a core charge.. I would say he needs to get his nuts cut but never produced kids again at least a boy!! but he adopted this kid when the boy was 3 years old... to me I'd kill the kid just on straight principal for been f****** retarted!! other people it would be the amount of money is y they would want to "kill/beat his ***" him!! that amount of money is not that big of a deal to him pocket $$.. that's why he buys his dip**** kid a Cobra : ) !!
Vegas DSS GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:34 PM   #23
jz78817
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas DSS GT View Post
You can sleeve it they have already done a cpl but you end up with a 5.4 yo off set that they are jumping the compression up.. I personally don't have the details on this if u would like a education on it call John at Acuu fab in California. . But yes 100% u can sleeve it.. it's what my buddies doing to his + upgrade rods camshafts ect.. the rebuild will be around 20k when all said and done. . A new ford Motor swap was 33k+ his motor as a core charge.. I would say he needs to get his nuts cut but never produced kids again at least a boy!! but he adopted this kid when the boy was 3 years old... to me I'd kill the kid just on straight principal for been f****** retarted!! other people it would be the amount of money is y they would want to "kill/beat his ***" him!! that amount of money is not that big of a deal to him pocket $$.. that's why he buys his dip**** kid a Cobra : ) !!
can someone translate this to english please?
jz78817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #24
danzcool
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
can someone translate this to english please?
You can sleeve the block...
The guy who gave this car to his kid should get neutered... wouldn't matter though, the kid was adopted... the OP would euthanize the kid due to low IQ... but in the end the owner has boatloads of moo-la so it doesn't matter.
/end cliff-notes translation

on another note, there are companies out there sleeving to the original bore size (3.7") for the full 5.8L at stock compression.

danzcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #25
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 GHIG GT Premium/2014 Kia Sportage AWD
DjfunkmasterG @GaryUgarek

i'll buy the car for 10k cash.

as is.

-4.10 Gears FRPP
-Roush Axle Backs
-BBK X-Pipe
-SCT Bama 91R Race tune
-20" Staggered Niche Apex with Initto INVO

other Vehicles:
2014 Kia Sportage AWD - Dory
1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT - Shadow

Quote:
Yippie Ki-Yay Mustang Lovers
Gary Ugarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:07 AM   #26
cruisin5268d
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT Premium

Wow. Just, wow.

To the OP...why are you getting in the middle of this? This "buddy" of yours (if he exists) has done everything wrong....including not posting here himself. If this happened to me I would be all over the internet trying to resolve this. I wouldn't want one of my friends to be the middle man for my own vehicle.
cruisin5268d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:08 AM   #27
cruisin5268d
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT Premium

Oh...how old is this adopted son? Over 18? Kick him out and cut him off. And never, ever give a teenager a car like this.
cruisin5268d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #28
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

I'm sure there were signs of stupidity well before this incident. Said dad/father is just as delinquent as the adopted son to not see the signs and hand the kid a $60K+ car...

Although, if they have money to burn, who cares..? It's like one of us burning up a $10 spark plug to them probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #29
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post
I'm sure there were signs of stupidity well before this incident. Said dad/father is just as delinquent as the adopted son to not see the signs and hand the kid a $60K+ car...

Although, if they have money to burn, who cares..? It's like one of us burning up a $10 spark plug to them probably.
people care because its a shame to ruin a great machine due to stupidity.
2011 5.0 6 speed manual BAMA tuned with 20x10.5 Forgestar f14's with 315/35/20 BFG Rivals, 19x9's with 275/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Koni sport adjustable dampers, Steeda sport springs on the front, stock springs rear, Steeda 101mm CAI, UMI adjustable panhard bar, J&M Extreme joint LCA's, Strano adjustable front sway bar, Eibach camber bolts, Roush axleback
Andy13186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #30
potman
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 GT

Yup....
Old 08-27-2014, 04:27 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement