Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Can you do heavy engine and bolt-on mods to s281 extreme

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Can you do heavy engine and bolt-on mods to s281 extreme

Usually, they are about $500-600 or so, usually the final bill with installation will be about $1k.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:00 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Is there anything else you would recommend changing out?
Old 05-18-2006, 10:41 AM
KO_Artist

the reason i was asking was the fact that my brother owns a roush (stage 1) and he got alot of bolt ons and then he got the components of a supercharger built into his engine and can still add a supercharger i was just wondering could you do that for a saleen and i was thinking since he got that done could i add the same components to a s281E and make it as Rob Zombie would call A Superbeast because i know i could get a s281 non-supercharged and do that because that car is so basic or get the Supercharged one take off the stock supercharger and do the engine mods then vortech it but i figured if a car off the lot comes with 550 horses tuggin there isnt much left you can do to it but you guys all know way more about cars than i so i figured id ask you

oh and i was asking this because im getting one for Graduation(i have put up most of the money myself 17,000 to be exact been workin since i was a freshman for this car 4 years of steady saving and my parents as a Grad. gift are covering the rest) but i cant tell ya what number yet cuz i dont have it yet but thanks in advance for any answers

Darryl
Old 05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
S281SC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KO_Artist

the reason i was asking was the fact that my brother owns a roush (stage 1) and he got alot of bolt ons and then he got the components of a supercharger built into his engine and can still add a supercharger i was just wondering could you do that for a saleen and i was thinking since he got that done could i add the same components to a s281E and make it as Rob Zombie would call A Superbeast because i know i could get a s281 non-supercharged and do that because that car is so basic or get the Supercharged one take off the stock supercharger and do the engine mods then vortech it but i figured if a car off the lot comes with 550 horses tuggin there isnt much left you can do to it but you guys all know way more about cars than i so i figured id ask you

oh and i was asking this because im getting one for Graduation
Graduation? [&:]When did they stop teaching punctuation?[:@]
Sorry, I'd like to answer your question, but I got a headache just trying to read it.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:23 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Holy run-on sentence batman [:@] Your post makes no sense and is VERY hard to read Take those grammar lessons I'm sure you're still getting there in school, and apply them here!

And you make no sense by saying your brother has a Roush with the COMPONENTS of a supercharger on it, but he can still add a supercharger to it ?!?!?!

Then you want to know if the 281E can be added onto so it can be a Super Beast - NEWS FLASH - it IS a super beast [8D]
Old 05-18-2006, 02:19 PM
ExtremeSaleen
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Holy run-on sentence batman [:@] Your post makes no sense and is VERY hard to read Take those grammar lessons I'm sure you're still getting there in school, and apply them here!

And you make no sense by saying your brother has a Roush with the COMPONENTS of a supercharger on it, but he can still add a supercharger to it ?!?!?!

Then you want to know if the 281E can be added onto so it can be a Super Beast - NEWS FLASH - it IS a super beast [8D]
[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 05-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Not really, unless you want to up the hp. The E car's are pretty much 'done' after being built. Not too much left to do.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:28 AM
KO_Artist

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

Not really, unless you want to up the hp. The E car's are pretty much 'done' after being built. Not too much left to do.
Uping the HP thats what im talking about. I wanted to Know if I Could Further Increase the HorsePower Of an S281E. That all i was asking and sorry i didnt add sentence structure, I was only asking a question im sorry if my bad grammar offended you. And i know its a super beast already i meant i wanted to add to the beastliness LOL
Old 05-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Uping the HP thats what im talking about. I wanted to Know if I Could Further Increase the HorsePower Of an S281E. That all i was asking and sorry i didnt add sentence structure, I was only asking a question im sorry if my bad grammar offended you. And i know its a super beast already i meant i wanted to add to the beastliness LOL
You could up the hp some without any mods at all, except a new tune. All you need is a smaller pulley and a way to change the tune. If you wanted to up the hp a lot, then you will need some upgrades to the fuel delivery system. Tell me, how much more hp are we talking about?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:52 PM
KO_Artist

Like a gain of 50-60, and i have another question. Is it possible for one to have 700+ HP

Quick Reply: Can you do heavy engine and bolt-on mods to s281 extreme