Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

How do you pronounce Roush? Saleen?

Old 05-20-2004, 03:30 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How do you pronounce Roush? Saleen?

I've always said it with a short A but some guy said that it was saleen with a long A and I wasent sure so when I saw this thread I figured hey I mght as well figure it out now how it is really pronounced.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Longhorn

We had always heard "SAY-leen" but I called Saleen the other day and the guy who answered the phone said, "Suh-LEEN" -- kind of like Celine Dion. I also asked the guy at Haney Motor Sports, which sells a lot of Saleen and Mustang parts and accessories, and he said he believed "Suh-LEEN" was correct but he hears it both ways. Here in Texas, "SAY-Leen" seems to be most common, but we tend to mispronounce everything! [8D]
Old 06-03-2004, 11:46 PM
SMOKE
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Longhorn

We had always heard "SAY-leen" but I called Saleen the other day and the guy who answered the phone said, "Suh-LEEN" -- kind of like Celine Dion. I also asked the guy at Haney Motor Sports, which sells a lot of Saleen and Mustang parts and accessories, and he said he believed "Suh-LEEN" was correct but he hears it both ways. Here in Texas, "SAY-Leen" seems to be most common, but we tend to mispronounce everything! [8D]

But you sound so cool!!!! I love the Texas accent.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:39 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

^ wow your brother sure gets all kinds of exhaust systems used on craigslist.....SPAM

i have always said it suh-leen
Old 09-22-2009, 05:06 PM
roush 427R
1st Gear Member

So was it tomato or tomato? or something like that
Old 09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Steve's last name is "Suh-Leen", so why would the company be called "Saline"?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:08 AM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

It's said thatto pronounce Saleen properly think of the word gasoline without the ga on the front.

If anyone says sayline most saleen owners kinda chuckle and may or may not say something, but it usually identifies the person as not knowing much about the Saleen heritage.

I heard someone at a Saleen dinner one night say Sayleen and you coulda heard a pin drop, kinda like the old EF HUTTON commercial, when EF Hutton talks people listen.....

I'm still not sure about how to say roush correctly.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:10 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Wow, old thread.
SAY leen is something you do in a boat.
SUH leen is the way to pronounce the car company and Steve's last name.

And the next time I hear someone tell me I have a nice Roooooosh when I park it, there will be a body in the trunk.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

At the SMS show a trophy winner pronounced it Saline and you could see people cringe. lol
Old 03-14-2010, 06:22 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

I approached a doush salesman at (now closed down) Hayward Ford about a Roush and he stringently corrected me "oh the Roooosh". When I was leaving the dealer, I commented to him that the Shelby GT looked pretty nice and he gave me an angry look "everything looks nice when you aren't buying anything" and then I left. I actually emailed the motor company about that and a few months later coincidentally the dealership was entirely shut down of course not because of me but maybe the salesmen there were unable to sell any vehicles. Go figure.

Later on I traded in my v6 for a new GT at a different dealer and told my salesman what scumbags there were. Lesson of the story is, never underestimate potential sales and always treat customers like they are interested in buying.

Oh yeah sig is kinda old now, I got the mirror housing half covers on and they look absolutely stunning. Next up might be roush front bumper or chin spoiler. Have not decided yet. The stock bumper looks good without that big black plastic thing covering the bottom and with a chin spoiler may just do the job. Roush bumper looks nice as well and so does california special with all the trim done in body color rather than black.

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Wow, old thread.
SAY leen is something you do in a boat.
SUH leen is the way to pronounce the car company and Steve's last name.

And the next time I hear someone tell me I have a nice Roooooosh when I park it, there will be a body in the trunk.

Last edited by amptor; 03-14-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you pronounce Roush? Saleen?