Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

HELP!!! Saleen Parts Service Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 07:36 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Default HELP!!! Saleen Parts Service Problem

Hey guys, as a few of you may have read in my recent posts this week, my '05 S281 has been at the dealer's for warranty work since Monday. Everything Ford could do was completed by end of day Tuesday, but we are STILL waiting for parts from Saleen!!! The service guy at my dealer (and it's a Saleen dealer) has called every day for confirmation that the parts are on the way and an estimate of when they will be shipped. No one has called him back!!! He said he's been simultaneously calling Irvine and a number that has a Houston area code (?). I live in Fort Worth so perhaps there's a Texas warehouse in Houston?

Any way, do any of you have ideas for how to get some action from Saleen? This absolutely amazes me -- they aren't just ignoring the dealer, they're ignoring the customer!! Needless to say, my first experience with Saleen the company has not been very positive...

Contact names, words of wisdom, mantras, chants, anything you can do to help me get my pony back would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:54 PM
tim1200
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP!!! Saleen Parts Service Problem

Amy,
I hate seeing posts like this, you read so many posts where Saleen has improved on customer service and then ones like this that makes you wonder what is going on.

Did you try calling Saleen and ask for tech support, that is a start anyway and work your way up.

I am certain Mr. Talley (SAR) hates to see things like this, maybe he can direct you.

I hope you get your issues resolved.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Ask for Ned when you call. He is a good guy and can probably steer you in the right direction.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:03 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

Amy,

What part are you waiting for?

My one remaining issue is replacement of one of my chrome wheels. I tried going through my dealer but they didn't get anywhere so I told them I'd deal direct with Saleen (one of the advantages of living close to Irvine).

Anyway, as of today I know the warranty department at Saleen has bee notified of my issue via email. I contacted Carlos at Saleen, who I have dealt with with great results for sales items, and he forward my email on to their warranty guy today. I plan on giving them a day or two to react to that email before I call the person directly.

I will PM you the contact info.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:03 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Thanks! Well, I have an update that speaks volumes about Saleen and a different story about the dealer. After posting my "SOS" I called Saleen Customer Service in Irvine. Told the nice person of my woes and she sent me to Warranty Dept. Spoke with Pat in warranty and she was ALL OVER IT. She looked up the order and found none, then asked for name of service guy at dealer and called him directly. Then she called me back (max. of 5 minutes later) -- turns out the service dude never submitted the paperwork necessary to get the parts ordered through Saleen Warranty!!!!! Customary procedure and he didn't follow! He is filling the proper forms out now and will fax them to Pat (I suspect Ms. Pat read him the riot act). She said they wouldn't be able to process this late in the day on a Friday, but IF she gets the paperwork from the dealer today, they will process ASAP on Monday and see about overnighting the parts for Tues delivery.

Score ONE for Saleen and a goose-egg for my dealer!

Thanks all for checking my post -- I knew you guys would try to come to my rescue!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:06 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

Ah yeah Pat!

She was ALL OVER my brake recall service like flies on poop. She's a good person to have on our side for sure.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:09 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

BTW Dotbomb: the parts are the 3rd brakelight, which is pink rather than red, and a wiring harness that will fix a non-functioning right turn signal. The dealer also hopes the wiring harness will fix the problem with my battery failing to hold a charge, but I've lost a little confidence in his expertise recently....

Also, I am finding that the passenger seat airbag sensor isn't working properly. When I sit in the passenger seat (only under duress) it works fine, but when my boyfriend sits there (also only under duress -- it's a fun relationship when we decide to take the Saleen out) the pass airbag light indicates it's off. NOW, before anyone goes drawing any conclusions about weight, he weighs 160 and I assure you, I weigh less!! Anyone else had a similar problem? Dealer guy says it's a Saleen problem because they re-vamp the Ford seats. I doubt it will be fixed but at this point, I'm not going to push it!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:18 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

I believe the battery drain issue has been tied to the factory shaker stereo. You can get your dealer to fix that (good luck I guess...) OR you can replace it with an aftermarket unit. I personally have the Pioneer Avic Z1 and love it. The sound is night and day compared to the shaker.

"only under duress" I love it!

I actually enjoy riding in my car when someone who knows how to drive it better than I do is at the wheel. The sensations are very different.

What I'd recommend is while dealing with Pat mention this air bag issue. Your dealer is right, it is a Saleen issue, however he should still be able to perform the work he just needs to submit his warranty claim to Saleen instead of Ford (duh?!?)
Old 10-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Has it been confirmed it is the stereo causing the battery issue? I thought it was only a theory at this point.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:41 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jonsey

Has it been confirmed it is the stereo causing the battery issue? I thought it was only a theory at this point.
From what I've read it seems 50/50. Some state it is definately the stereo and others say not. Definately a gremlin. I couldn't say for sure because the shaker got ripped out as a priority. My battery was dead at the dealer's lot when I went to purchase the car though. So battery drain was present in my vehicle at that time. Nothing instills confidence in a new purchase more than having the dealer charge the battery before the final test drive.

I have had zero battery drain problems since owning the car. Then again, I replaced the shaker within the first few weeks of owning the car.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Saleen Parts Service Problem