Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Pics of prodution # on 99-04 saleen

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 02:09 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of prodution # on 99-04 saleen

You all are far kinder than I would have been. My original reply was going to be keep the 0 in there and it is placed on the passenger side of the bumper
Old 11-12-2006, 03:37 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Tas

Find out how many were made that year and make yours 1 higher than the last.
This wouldn't work. They skip various numbers for various reasons. So if they made 750 (hypothetically) the numbers could very well go up to 800 or more.

If you really want to put a number on it - just put 6. Saleen never uses that number, so you wouldn't be fraudently representing somebody elses car - and all the Saleen enthusiasists will recognize your car as a clone (again, which isn't a problem)
Old 11-15-2006, 04:31 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

guys

he can put wutever number he wants - its not fraud - SALEEN SOLD HIM THE KIT DIDN'T THEY?
don't hate bc he was smart and did the body kit himself and saved 20k.... as long as you do try to sell it as original than it doesnt matter, but better yet - get Steve Saleen to sign it at a meet - then you can sell it as an original with his blessings (finish the conversion of course)
- that will really **** all of these haters off
There absolutly nothing FAKE about it - they are real saleen parts - the same that are on your prospective cars - he just didnt pay a whole lot for them...
Old 11-15-2006, 04:44 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

Ok I will say that I see what you mean about the number and representing somebody elses car, the other half of that is I WOULDN'T GIVE A DAMN... like we said - thats not his problem its yours.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:23 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

You again [:@] Nobody said ANYTHING about hating?!?! We were just telling him our two cents about using a fake number. Yes he bought a body kit, but no that doesn't make his car an authentic, searlialized Saleen. And if you think adding only a body kit means he saved $20k then your thoughts aren't even worth any further response.......

[sm=chairshot.gif]
Old 11-15-2006, 10:52 AM
89#155SaleeN
1st Gear Member

in the end its still a gt not that there is anything wrong with a gt.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:59 AM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bransdaman78

guys

he can put wutever number he wants - its not fraud - SALEEN SOLD HIM THE KIT DIDN'T THEY?
don't hate bc he was smart and did the body kit himself and saved 20k.... as long as you do try to sell it as original than it doesnt matter, but better yet - get Steve Saleen to sign it at a meet - then you can sell it as an original with his blessings (finish the conversion of course)
- that will really **** all of these haters off
There absolutly nothing FAKE about it - they are real saleen parts - the same that are on your prospective cars - he just didnt pay a whole lot for them...
uhhh, excuse me for stating the obvious, but SALEEN PRODUCTION NUMBER means Saleen produced it at one of their facilities. Not the case with this car. The good people on this site are trying to prevent someone from misrepresenting their car. It has to do with honesty and integrity. But since there are folks out there who clearly don't understand that a Saleen is more than exterior fascia and a number on the bumper, this is a good lesson in "caveat emptor" if someone comes along to buy this thing. The guy who owns the car now is just going to look like an idiot and a fraud to anyone who knows anything about Saleens, but you're right -- that's his problem, not ours.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Again, Amy hits the proverbial nail on the head

The Jazzer on hammering home the point
Old 11-15-2006, 03:00 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

get Steve Saleen to sign it at a meet - then you can sell it as an original with his blessings (finish the conversion of course)
My cousin has a poster signed by Steve....does that make it a real Saleen?

I WOULDN'T GIVE A DAMN... like we said - thats not his problem its yours.
Where does the "we" come from....do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Lose the resentful teenager attitude and maybe someone will actually take what you post seriously.
Mills

Old 11-15-2006, 07:58 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: mills281e

Lose the resentful teenager attitude and maybe someone will actually take what you post seriously.
Well said Mills! This guy has only been around a short while and the majority of his posts have been of the "youn punk" mentality. Quit trolling, and start posting with positive comments and you'll probably get a little more respect. Don't make me pull up one of your early posts in the DETAILING section to prove my point [8D]

Quick Reply: Pics of prodution # on 99-04 saleen