Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:37 PM
scspeedster
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Stripes

Amy, it's your car - put on it what you want to put on it..... Life's too short to worry about that other stuff, make it what you want.

Still looking for members in Texas.....
Old 11-16-2006, 04:47 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scspeedster

Still looking for members in Texas.....
Hey, I'm here -- how many more Texans do you need?[sm=hia.gif]

Actually there are a few more on this forum...
Old 11-16-2006, 06:36 PM
unclemilti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmyVCTexas

ORIGINAL: unclemilti

[sm=interesting.gif] Well, well well...the pink 3rd brakelight rears its ugly head.
HA HA HA! I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the pic, unclemilti. Did you get yours replaced yet?
Got it FEDEX today!

Old 11-16-2006, 06:52 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

dotbomb
I for one really like the looks of this car (first saw it a few months back)
I wouldn't be too worried about looking too "SHELBY" as with 640 HP all a shelby will see is the rear end and not for too long at that.

On the other hand;
I'm really disapointed at the fitment of those saleen pieces when looking at the rear view. looks like all three pieces of the wing could be adjusted to fit better. Nit picking ..YES.. but I hope others are a little better fitting then this.

05SDI

ORIGINAL: dotbomb

If you like the looks do it. It is your car.

Here's a pic of a similar car (just disregard all that extreme and 640 crap plastered all over it...)

Old 11-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

05SDI

That white car with the blue stripes is a really early double digit 05 car. Not to defend Saleen or anything but it's an early car from the first year hence the lousy fitting rear bumper and pink third brake light.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:19 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Say When

05SDI

That white car with the blue stripes is a really early double digit 05 car. Not to defend Saleen or anything but it's an early car from the first year hence the lousy fitting rear bumper and pink third brake light.
Either that or they shaved it to make it MORE EXTREME!!!! They definately needed some more switches and gauges in there. This was not enough

GAS had a good time with that car.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:30 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: unclemilti

Here's a pic of a similar car (just disregard all that extreme and 640 crap plastered all over it...)

[sm=interesting.gif] Well, well well...the pink 3rd brakelight rears its ugly head.
As does the un-even trunk portion of the duck-tail [:@]
Old 11-16-2006, 11:33 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

dotbomb
I for one really like the looks of this car (first saw it a few months back)
I wouldn't be too worried about looking too "SHELBY" as with 640 HP all a shelby will see is the rear end and not for too long at that.

On the other hand;
I'm really disapointed at the fitment of those saleen pieces when looking at the rear view. looks like all three pieces of the wing could be adjusted to fit better. Nit picking ..YES.. but I hope others are a little better fitting then this.

05SDI

My car was the same way. I removed the trunk portion, bored out the wholes a bit larger for the bolts and re-installed. It gives you a little play to get it lined up before cranking them tight.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:34 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Say When

05SDI

Interesting - my car is #92 and had the fitment issue. I never looked at my brake light, guess I should. I don't see the pink. Is the problem with the lense itself, or the LED's [&:]
Old 11-17-2006, 12:35 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Interesting - my car is #92 and had the fitment issue. I never looked at my brake light, guess I should. I don't see the pink. Is the problem with the lense itself, or the LED's [&:]
Sowaxeman, you would know if it were pink -- it's not a little pink, it's really pink. Not the LED's, it's actually the plastic that appears to have faded in a very short amount of time.

Mine's #52 and the deck is also not lined up as it should be. However I don't think I can fix it myself and am terrified of having a dealer do it. Maybe when I take her to a new dealer at her next service checkup I'll have gained some courage...

Quick Reply: Stripes