Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Chuckdoc's Lowered Parnelli Edition!(pics added 4/17/08)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My New PJ Saleen (PICS)

Congrats PJ fans on this thread!! 170 posts and 6200 hits !!

Keep'em coming. We still need to see Kenardo's pride and joy, maybe some of you can post your mileage...

I have 1300 miles on number 57 since Thanksgiving. I seem to get alot more comments on the car with the number decals on. I crack up when I hear some kid who 'owns one' and got his 2 years ago.... You get a lot of B.S.ers at the gas station.

All in all, its been fun following the car in the press, purchasing, waiting... waiting more. Can't wait to hear some stories of others when they get a chance to take their PJ in the curves.

Cheers,

Chuck
Old 02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

Awesome pictures!!! I love it!

I was thinking thatbuild #15 would be perfect for that car.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Kenardo
1st Gear Member

Chuck ~ 1,000.1 FANASTIC Miles as of yesterday. Changing the Oil again this weekend and I will be adding a Made in Canada Oil Additive / Lubricantthat reduces friction by 78 % and has a Tempature Reduction of 38% as well as Friction Reduction of 48%. This Vancouver company has had its product tested in every kind of car and truck you can imagine with excellent results. I spoke a length with the owner of a Vancouver Race Car Engine Manufacturer ( they make and ship Race Car Engines all over the World ) who said that they are VERY impressed with the product and use it in all of their Race Engines after numerous Dyno tests that they have independently conducted. Test cars have shown up to 75 miles more from one tank of gas in highway driving with a 4 cylinder engine. Not quite so much with a big V8. Next I will be using their product in the Transmission and as well as the Rear-end.

Red Line is in sight on the Weekend !!!

Thunder Road here we come !!![:@][:@][:@]

Kenardo

PJ # 112
Bullitt # 1395

Old 03-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

Wow Kenardo! fast miles! You might be sticking your neck out there on the engine additive thing. Unless you have personally tried this in other cars, I'd be hesitant about doing research on my new PJ! What is the cost? I remember when 'slick 50' and 'prolong' were the big thing a few years ago. Most ended up just being expensive.

We'll see, and have fun when you hit redline!!

Chuck
Old 03-03-2007, 01:03 AM
Kenardo
1st Gear Member

Chuck ~ As mentioned in my Post, I spoke a length with the owner of the Race Car Engine Manufacturer who is only 15 min. from me. All his tests on this product which were preformed ontheir High End Drag and Road race Enginesshow that this product is a Winner ! He gives it 2 Thumbs Up and HighlyRecommended it for the PJ on my secondOil Change which I did at 1,000.1 Miles, againwith Mobil 1 Synthetic. Cost for a 250 ml bottle is about $25.00. This product is going in my Bullitt next and also in the JB 007 Edition Z3. I took the PJ out yesterday before the snow stareted falling again ( longest winter in history here in Vancouver. I would normally have15 games of golf in by now and to date this yearZERO) and she's as smooth as can be. Real nice to drive her without having to worry about the 5,000 RPM Limit. Now the only thing I have to worry about are the Cops.
Redline is not such a tempation now for some reason but its there should I need it.

Cheers,

Kenardo
PJ 112
Bullitt 1395
Old 03-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Hito

How does it reduce friction by both 78% and 48%

Old 03-04-2007, 02:14 AM
dramsey
2nd Gear Member

So...what is this miracle product and what's the name of the "race car engine manufacturer"?

Sound like snake oil, but then again this forum carries ads for the "Turbonator", so...
Old 03-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

Kenardo.

Let's see some pics!
Old 03-04-2007, 03:32 AM
Kenardo
1st Gear Member

Dramsey ~ Your one of a kind, RIGHT ? or should I say, Will the real Doubting Thomas please stand up. Perhaps I should have expected as much.
NO SOUP for YOU !!!

Hito ~ My mistake. Sorry if I did not give the Stats exactly right. I will list again more accurately as stated in their litrature: [sm=ts.gif]

- Friction Reduction 48.6 %,
- TemperatureReduction 38.7%,
- Wear Reduction 78.8%.
- Specific Gravity @ 70* F/ 21.1* C = 1.15
- Viscosity @ 104* F / 40* C + 73.2SUS ( 13.9cST )
@ 212* F / 100* C = 35.7SUS ( 92.86cST )
- Flash Point ( PMCC ) CEL.Conversion 394* F ( +201.1* C )
- Total Base Number 5.61
- Copper Corrosion For 1 Hour @ 2540 F ( ASTM D-130 ) ( 123* C ) 1A
- Dielectric Strength 22.1 KV
- Water (ASTM D-1744 )<.005%
- Pour Point Cel. Comversion -26* F ( -32.2* C )

But then what the hell do I know, I have no idea what I'm talking about. But I do know that I wouldrather have two girls at 21 than one at 42 and and oh ya, my PJ is one Hell of A Car !!! [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]

Cheers,

Kenardo

PJ # 112 [sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Bullitt # 1395

Old 06-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

I'm doing the 'thread resurrection' thing because I've got some new pics and want to get some input on some changes I'm thinking of making.

First, and totally off topic, I updated my 2 wheel conveyance:

Any motorcycle ****** post up on yer rides.

Back to the PJ, I've been talking to some people about lowering my PJ to the preproduction height. I'm trying to contact Saleen on their prepro setup, so I can mirror that. Otherwise, I'm most likely going to put new springs on, but I want to keep as close to the original PJ handling as possible.

I don't want to be 'bouncing' all over the place or bottoming out due to spring rate, etc... I don't mind the car sitting much lower, because I rarely get into trouble with uneven surfaces.

Any thoughts?

My current ride height.

I'd like to move towards the stance of the car in my avatar or Red6's beauty.

Thanks for any responses!

Chuck

Quick Reply: Chuckdoc's Lowered Parnelli Edition!(pics added 4/17/08)