Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Chuckdoc's Lowered Parnelli Edition!(pics added 4/17/08)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My New PJ Saleen (PICS)

saleen rolling stock.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:08 AM
Bruce0146
1st Gear Member

Chuck, they are clings (easy on / easy off). Mark at GP.com made them for me. I am still trying to find a place that can make the originals (1970PJ)from scratch and is willing to do 2 to 4 of each. For now I made I had clings made of ones that the artwork was available. I have a few more coming including the American Flag.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:54 AM
s351rspeedster
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Say When
Chuck!

I told you so. The car looks perfect now. Just like the prototype/press car.

Congrats! She looks awesome. So jealous. Do you think my wife will notice if I trade in her Escalade on a new PJ. There are 5 new ones at Rancho Santa Margarita Ford out here!

.....like Marcus said, looks just like the press/prototype, badass!! Night and day difference but not out of place by any means.
Marcus, your wife would notice the PJ in the garage, but would she really care??

Lastly, how in the hell did we let this thread slip all the way to the third page?? Unexceptable Chuck!! [>:]
Old 06-13-2008, 01:27 AM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Eibach Sportlines FTW! Looks great Chuck
Old 06-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bruce0146

Chuck, they are clings (easy on / easy off). Mark at GP.com made them for me. I am still trying to find a place that can make the originals (1970PJ)from scratch and is willing to do 2 to 4 of each. For now I made I had clings made of ones that the artwork was available. I have a few more coming including the American Flag.
Bruce,

Let me know if the OG 1970 decal thing comes to fruition. I would be interested in that!

06 + s351, thanks for the compliments - 06- your barricade is just plain mean!

Chuck
Old 07-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

So.......... how 'bout a review ofthe Sportlines, Chuckster

(page 4......... VERY dissapointing)

Jazzer
Old 07-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the bumpo Jazzer,

The sportlines have worn in over the last month. I've also been driving a LOT more often to work with the PJ. I'm enjoying it - have put an extra 1k miles in a pretty short time, so I'm up to 7k total.

As far as the sportlines, I thought the ride was going to feel the same as the Saleen springs, but it turns out the ride IS more rough - did I say rough? Well there isn't another word for it, so yes. I'm O.K. with it because the driving I do is mainly highway, but God help me if I lived on a country road somewhere in BFE. I would need a kidney belt.

Now for the important part - handling. The PJ Watt's works as well as it did. The back end stays put - but again, the more rough ride can cause some searching if you hit some rough pavement mid-turn. I don't know if this happened before the sportlines went on, or if I'm just connecting it to the sportlines because I'm so aware of bumps. The car is still VERY stable in the twisties... Not GRIGGS stable (nod to Jazzer) but better than anything short of that standard. I've got more neg camber in the front which keeps her poised for turn-in, flat at the apex, and connected to shoot out the other end.

I also put the Pioneer Z2 double din system in for GPS Nav / DVD's / onboard hard drive..... Nice.

Cheers all!

I think I'll pimp this old worn out thread until it gets to 20 pages and let it slip into sweet oblivion...

Old 10-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

bump for the 2 year anniversary since I joined this awesome forum.

Chuck
Old 10-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

bump for the previous bump
Old 11-01-2008, 12:07 AM
topogio
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bruce0146
Hey Bruce... long time no chat... I see a ton of fellow GO owners in here with you... that is too cool... You are welcome to stop by the GrabberOrange.com website so we can see all your SaWeet Pics...

Quick Reply: Chuckdoc's Lowered Parnelli Edition!(pics added 4/17/08)