Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #391
48prerunner
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 shelby clone 2008 v6 premium

Any pics of how the rear louvers attach?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
48prerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #392
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

Smile

Per the pic below, there are mounting anchors on the glass edge that these screws attach to, also there is velcro along both sides just as an added measure and probably to prevent any vibration. I've had 'em off a couple times cleaning the glass - it's just easier keeping them on and using a microfiber towel between the slats.

Long live the PJ Thread!!

Click the image to open in full size.
#57 of 500
302 V8 - 400HP
The Ultimate PJ Thread

Chuckdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #393
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

I can email you a pdf of the install instructions if that would help you. PM and email address if you want it.
2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones #384

Previous Mustangs:
1968 Shelby GT350
1970 Mustang Coupe
1989 Saleen #302
tonylop33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #394
48prerunner
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 shelby clone 2008 v6 premium
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylop33 View Post
I can email you a pdf of the install instructions if that would help you. PM and email address if you want it.
I have the pd of how they attach and a memeber over on another forum was nice enough to pull his off and take pictures. But so far nobody knows the size of the slotted thumb screws. I think they are 1/4 " but not sure that was but trying to scale his pictures to my rear window defrost lines. Anybody know if the Velcro is 1" or 2 " wide? I jst bought a heritage rear louver hope it will be here this week.
48prerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #395
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

1" but along the entire length of the edge. That stuff is hard to pull apart. I don't take mine off often for fear of pulling the velcro adhesive off, then I'd have to mess around with reapplication, etc.;..
#57 of 500
302 V8 - 400HP
The Ultimate PJ Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #396
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

bump because it's been > 6 months and I drove the PJ to work today.
#57 of 500
302 V8 - 400HP
The Ultimate PJ Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #397
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneda View Post
Chuck,

don't get me wrong man, I love the ride...It seems you wanted to achieve a "look" which in my opinion is the wrong reason to upgrade a suspension. Saleen spent a lot of hard track time making sure everything was perfect in the suspension set up...dropping the car is going to change the balance of things and will ultimately detract from the car's handling. Yes, hitting bumps now with a resounding THUMP will slow you down and take away some of the fun.

From all of the reviews I've read, the PJ Stang comes with an amazing suspension that is stiff and race car inspired...why change that set up? I know you got the look you wanted, but trust me, the new springs will put extra strain on the other parts and over time you will experience suspension issues. Trust me.
wow, ignorance is bliss...lowering a car, to a certain extent, will improve the handling. Thank you, come again.

roughly 500rwhp @ 6.9psi on 91 octane
06Saleen3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #398
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

+1 Mickey
2006 Saleen SC Silver #458

2002 911-sold to buy Saleen
2003 S2000-sold
1997 SVT Cobra-sold
1988 GT-sold
1986 Cobra (Canadian)-sold

Jonsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #399
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

obviously this guy hasnt heard of the benefits to a lower center of gravity...

roughly 500rwhp @ 6.9psi on 91 octane
06Saleen3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #400
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Vehicle: 2004 Saleen S281
MustangMischief jaredchavez

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneda View Post
Chuck,

don't get me wrong man, I love the ride...It seems you wanted to achieve a "look" which in my opinion is the wrong reason to upgrade a suspension. Saleen spent a lot of hard track time making sure everything was perfect in the suspension set up...dropping the car is going to change the balance of things and will ultimately detract from the car's handling. Yes, hitting bumps now with a resounding THUMP will slow you down and take away some of the fun.

From all of the reviews I've read, the PJ Stang comes with an amazing suspension that is stiff and race car inspired...why change that set up? I know you got the look you wanted, but trust me, the new springs will put extra strain on the other parts and over time you will experience suspension issues. Trust me.
What track time are you speaking of? Cause to my knowledge, we pretty much just bought off the shelf stuff and made it look like the Bilstien and Eibach parts that we couldn't buy anymore cause we never paid em. That being said, first thing I generally suggest to any car is to rip the suspension out and redo it!
Red_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:20 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
06, bumper, car, cover, decals, forum, front, jones, lowered, mustang, parnelli, pj, sale, saleen, thread, ultimate