Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

ALL 2006 SALEEN EXTREME OWNERS

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 03:47 PM
db28
1st Gear Member

Default ALL 2006 SALEEN EXTREME OWNERS

Can each 1 of you guys/gals who has had or still is having ELECTRICAL PROBLEMSwith your2006 Extreme e-mail me direct>> db28@sbcglobal.net.

If you are having any other troubles with your 2006 EXTREME & your problems are not being taking care of by Saleen or Ford Dealerships to fix it once & for all, please e-mail too.

I am gathering this information to HELP all of US (Saleen Owners) get our problems completely resolved. I, just as all of you, am tired of getting the Run Around from Saleen Corp Inc. & Ford & their Dealerships.

Thanks [sm=shades.gif]
Old 01-05-2007, 04:26 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ALL 2006 SALEEN EXTREME OWNERS

Just sent you an email.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:29 PM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: db28
I am gathering this information to HELP all of US (Saleen Owners) get our problems completely resolved. I, just as all of you, am tired of getting the Run Around from Saleen Corp Inc. & Ford & their Dealerships.
Someone trying to brew up a class action lawsuit?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:20 PM
slammer1
2nd Gear Member

DB: Noticed your a Newbie like me. I just recently got a computer and found this forum. I have read all the Saleen posts in the archive and found that everyone here LOVES their cars and LOVES to help one another. Why don't you discus your cars issues on this forum, iam SURE these guys can help. Sowaxman usually seams to say it best. My experience with Saleen and Ford has been nothing but outstanding! 3 cars and over 200,000 miles of FUN. I have found it's all about finding a good dealership with a GREAT service manager-find a Saleen/Mustang lover and your problems will get addressed. If you think your getting the runaround call Saleen and leave a message for Steve with your vin number for his people to research, he WILL return your call. I talked with him many years ago with a paint problem and we talked cars and racing for over a hour. Noticed a previous car of yours was a Beemer, i am quite sure your not going to get a personal call from the President of BMW in Germany like i did from Steve to solve my problem. Saleen owners are a tight bunch, we love our cars to death. My advice is discus your problems, find a good dealer/service dept. through this forum. Hope you don't think iam being tough on you through this post. Good Luck
Old 01-05-2007, 10:02 PM
SAR
1st Gear Member

What is the problem?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:20 PM
sam the jeep man
1st Gear Member

mr db
email me after wed 10th
i am right in the middle of a buy back by saleen for my lemon 2006 #003 extreme, with to date 18 major problems and only 1500 miles
if the buy back does not go my way by wednesday, i will fill these pages with volumns of what i know and what i have been through with this wonderful peice of machinerary
Old 01-06-2007, 03:31 AM
db28
1st Gear Member

Saleen Extreme Owners, Thank you for the many e-mails that I am getting andI will talk with each 1 of you individually on e-mails. I wontget into specifics of what's going on in this FORUM.

elburrito99You too, are seeing a pattern with Saleen, as we all read the MANY different problems with these Brand New cars.

slammer1Thank you, I didnt takewhat you said as negativeand I agree about this Saleen Mustang. I am not a FORD person, but whenI saw these 2005-2006Saleen Mustangs, Itoo had to get 1. I was so happy and told many of my friends about it & sentpicturesthru e-mail. I wish I could re-take pictures of it & put it on e-mail version, soI can post them here. Unfortuantely, my car is a gargage dustcollector. It wont start. The car is always dead. It was down at Saleen in Irvine Ca.for 2 weeks and guess what I am still havingthe same issue. The Steve you may have talked to works in the Warranty Dept alongside of Bill Vaughn. It's not Steve Saleen, believe me he has been left numerous messages from me.

SAR Hi, nothing against you, but if you work for Saleen Corp Inc.in Irvine,Ca., allI can do is to ask you to talk to Bill Vaughn when he gets back in & ask him about the 2006 #128 Extreme w/Scenic Roofcar & you will get the full run down. I willnot, go into it on here,it's being handled a different way now. Or maybe talk to Karl Mahl (Retail Brand Manager For The WesternRegion)or Tom Ryan(1of your V.P.'s) it's a serious matter at this point.

sam the jeep manI hope you the best, but seriousily e-mail me,we needto talk. Are you in Calif ?

OtherSaleenowners,those of you with the warranty problems, just know that as a car collector myself like many of you. Every time you have a warranty claim & have to go to the dealership or Saleen with getting it fixed that your VIN # & Saleen ID# is recorded in the data base.Therefore your car has a Bad history & nobody is going to pay top dollarfor a problematic car. As I read some of you guys/gals are doing your own work on your cars You are Voiding your warranty. Please take a minute & think about how much you spent on this car & all this extra work you have to do on it.

Sorry & ThankAll of youagain for the e-mails & keep them coming, I will Not communicate on the Forums about this issue anymore.Power in the Hands of The Few ?

Old 01-06-2007, 03:38 AM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

"Hoo-wah!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:24 AM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

db28,

There is nothing on your extreme that Saleen could have installed that could cause battery drain, except for the gauges. I'll assume that they turn off when you turn the car off, and that is not the problem.

Quite a few regular Mustang GT's had this problem, there are TSB's related to it. The other possible battery drain problem is with the Shaker systems not cutting power to the amps when you allow the radio to turn off by opening the door. The bandaid solution is to manually power off the radio before you get out of the car. Hope this helps.

Here is more: "after doing a voltage test on every single fuse, there was a 1.4 miliamp draw on the radio and amp fuse, and also after the vehicle had been shut down after 40 min. the shaker 500 became activated and attempted to scan for CD's and both the technician and myself made certain that everything was turned off, during the 40 min. that the car was shut down. so what they did next was pull the shaker 500 out, recheck the same fuses a second time, and yet even with the shaker 500 pulled out, after another 40 min. the radio fuse was still drawing 1.4 miliamps again, so after not being able to figure out what else could be connected to that fuse...the service manager finally got a hold of a Ford engineer, and was told that the amp has to also be disconnected, otherwise there will still be current going through the radio fuse, even if its shut off, and although this did not make any sense.. it seemed that he was right, there was no current drawn after disconnecting the amp... It was then determined that it was the shaker 500 that was the cause, so they went ahead and installed a replacement shaker 500 C and needless to say, after nearly 5 months later...my car has sat for sometimes 3 weeks and haven't had any furthur battery issues."

Regards,
Toby
Old 01-06-2007, 04:53 AM
db28
1st Gear Member

Wowww Toby,
You are the man with the plan.Here Saleen couldnt figure this out after having my car for 2 weeks. This is vital information that will be forwarded. Both Ford & Saleen are pointing fingers at each other.I did notice that Saleen added a bunch of different fuses to my fuse box with red wires all over the place. Which still didnt fix the problem. They need to HIRE you. [sm=shades.gif]

Quick Reply: ALL 2006 SALEEN EXTREME OWNERS