Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Anyone want to sell their Saleen 20's for cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 07:33 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone want to sell their Saleen 20's for cheap?

I am possibly interested in a set of saleen 20's from the 05-07's. Does anyone have a set laying around that they wanted to sell? Thanks guys and gals.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:58 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone want to sell their Saleen 20's for cheap?

I've got one PM so far....anyone else? There's got to be a stack of these in the corner of your garage...isn't there?

Thanks guys!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:15 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

I speak for myself, most people who by the cars dont do many mods to the outside and try to keep it to saleen specs as far as visual as possible since these are somewhat limted production car. So you may find veryfew people changeing there saleen wheels to a after market one. IMO of course
Old 02-07-2007, 06:36 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

I understand 06, but I've seenquite a few people who've put aftermarket wheels on their saleens and have no use for the stockers. I appreciate the input, but for now I'll keep my hopes high.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:39 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

well I have not seen that, and that maybe true. But since there are only 1250 or so 05 saleen and the same 06's. there not going to be many laying around. Also most people who buy saleens are people in a high tax bracket and usually are older (not all) and they dont redo the wheels unless there losing weight and there racing them. I think you may find a harder time finding them than you think. Also your term "Stocker" kind of funny, they are a 20 inch crome wheel. Not cheap. I think there like a 2500 option through saleen (maybe more or less).

Good luck
Old 02-07-2007, 07:59 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

All good points, but keep in mind they sell these wheels in the aftermarket too. Like I said, I'm just hoping.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:02 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

To be honest are you looking to do performance mods like s/c or turbo etc to your car. if so a little adivce, they may look good, but there way over rated. to heavy and there 20 inch a nightmare to get to go fast. Unless you doing a saleen clone, I would look in other ways to not weigh your car down anymore than you have to
Old 02-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Ichanged my wheels and am not racing the car. I am older by some standards, 40, but I changed them for pure looks. They are lighter which is an added bonus. I would sell my stockrims for the right number but otherwise they can sit in my rafters. At 40I am not worried about future value of the car in 30 years as I will most likely be dead. I want it to look they wayI want and enjoy it.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:25 AM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

I understand they're heavy and I would probably prefer to buy a nice set of aftermarket wheels, but I am looking for a "deal". See, I'm a poor GT driver that has no plans of cloning, (I think that is silly) and was hoping someone with a set of saleens would let em go for cheap. Understand?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:04 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

If you want them that bad then just buy the OE Replica wheels at $245 each [&:] You're not going to find any "right-minded" Saleen owner that has them sitting in a corner (as you say) that will sell them for much less than a grande. The OE wheels are 99% identical - pick up any Mustang Magazine and you will find their add.

Quick Reply: Anyone want to sell their Saleen 20's for cheap?