Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

installed -JDM Stage 2 kit on my '06 S281 S/C

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 01:56 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Default RE: installed -JDM Stage 2 kit on my '06 S281 S/C

ORIGINAL: ninja205
this is probably the best way to go about it,will save weakening the hood
Yep, it was pretty easy to do, just used a dremel tool with a disc.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17195/51DD9926CCD844E888E392D8D49D2D6B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2007, 04:55 PM
UKSaleen
1st Gear Member

Polk,

I notice your MAF is situated as mine is by the side. According to the instructions from JDM, it should mount underneath?
Being in the Uk is a bit of a problem as I cant get another CAI to hand to check fitment etc.
Anyway the extra ponies makes up for it.
With regard the motor mounts, the drop is only going to be 1/4 inch if that and I dont think it will make much difference. Especially not to the lower centre of gravity. I would only think that would be an issue if it dropped by over a couple of inches. the problem then would be the gearbox mounts as this would then affect the drivetrain alignment surely.

Kev
Old 02-18-2007, 05:12 PM
daydark
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: UKSaleen
Polk,
I notice your MAF is situated as mine is by the side. According to the instructions from JDM, it should mount underneath?
I have answered this twice already in this thread. If yours looks like my picture (wires coming up vertical from the back of the tube) then you've got it set up right.

Mine:

Old 02-19-2007, 02:32 AM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: daydark
I have answered this twice already in this thread. If yours looks like my picture (wires coming up vertical from the back of the tube) then you've got it set up right.
There's not a right or wrong on this one. The original JDM tunes had the sensor on the bottom.

You can tune for it in multiple positions.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:39 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

I would think the lowering mounts would make a difference with the saleen hood. Why else would Jim supply them.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:35 PM
UKSaleen
1st Gear Member

Anyway, without wanting to repeat myself the CAI kit doesn't fit great so I emailed Jim as on their website, they list the JDM CAI upgrade for 05-06 Saleen Supercharged cars. The picture shows a cone filter with a rubber stock looking inlet tube. This is the Extreme tube as it is wider than the stock Saleen S/C tube. JDM have now started sending out Extreme tubes as they have found a source and it doesnt give clearance issues and sites the filter correctly. Thereby not needing the motor mounts.

So no more problems me hopes.....

Kev
Old 02-21-2007, 12:13 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

So if someone had an extreme they would not need the motor mounts?
Old 02-21-2007, 08:33 AM
UKSaleen
1st Gear Member

S281E,
I do not work for Saleen or JDM so am not qualified to give a definate response but if my S281 supercharged Saleen has the factory charger and alloy hood and doesnt need the motor mounts, then I would expect the Extreme to be in the same position. The inlet tube on the Extreme is wider than the stock charged Saleen inlet tube, this is why JDM can use this instead of the C&L tube and why it is available now as part of their Cold Air Intake kit.
As I mentioned, I am not a expert so please dont quote me but this seems to be the result of my search. If you look at the CAI kit for the Saleen Mustang on the JDM website, it clearly shows the inlet tube and it is not the C&L tube but the stock ribbed rubber tube from the Extreme.

Kev
Old 02-21-2007, 11:32 AM
kc10kevin

Ok...I think I can settle this. I live near JDM and went to talk to them. The motor mounts that lower the engine are ONLY for people that have the non SC hood. They are used for 2 purposes.

1. To provide clearance for the supercharger if one is installed on a N/A Saleen that has the normal hood.
2. To provide space if the vehicle is going to run the C&L Racer intake tube. This tube is a little taller and has a tendency of hitting the hood. The Extreme intakes are flatter and do not require the motor mounts.

The lowering motor mounts have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the CAI at the and of the intake tube. As I mentoned before, you can lower the engine to the ground and you will still have a clearance issue with the heat shield around the filter since it rests on the body of the car.

Settled?

Kevin
Old 02-21-2007, 11:41 AM
kc10kevin

ORIGINAL: UKSaleen

Will be revisiting the dyno next week to check everything is running okay.

Kev
Kev...had a chance to get to the dyno yet. I am wondering what you AF ratio is doing above 5000 RPM. I have heard that even JDM tunes can't make up for the weak fuel pump above that number.

Let me know,

Kevin

Quick Reply: installed -JDM Stage 2 kit on my '06 S281 S/C