Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

What kind of fuel pump do you have??

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:21 PM
kc10kevin

Default What kind of fuel pump do you have??

Hi all.

I have searched all the forums for some insight into what setup I want to run. I have heard that many people are having problem with the stock fuel pump and the smaller pullies (running out of fuel over 5500rpm). Here are the setups I have seen for sale out there:

GT500 Dual pump system: $669+
GT Supercar fuel pumps: $110 each (install looks jerryrigged with two of them installed)

Anyone others I might have missed?
Any advice as to which is best?
Any hints on installing the pump set ups?

I like the GT500 setup but don't like the price of course.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
Old 02-17-2007, 10:26 PM
daydark
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What kind of fuel pump do you have??

Kevin you should check out this thread I made on another forum, it has a ton of info on the different pumps and pros and cons. I can't link you to the thread, because MustangForums is stupid and doesn't allow links to this website (it will just show up as ****.com). But PM me your email address and I'll link you to the thread. Or, if you don't want to bother reading it, the gist of it is: Get the GT500 pumps =)
Old 02-18-2007, 04:10 AM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: daydark

Kevin you should check out this thread I made on another forum, it has a ton of info on the different pumps and pros and cons. I can't link you to the thread, because MustangForums is stupid and doesn't allow links to this website (it will just show up as ****.com). But PM me your email address and I'll link you to the thread. Or, if you don't want to bother reading it, the gist of it is: Get the GT500 pumps =)
daydark --
Please pm me the link. This morning I experienced the "hesitation after long drive", which isa Ford Mustang TSB (right?). I think an upgraded fuel pump solves this problem and gets me a performance upgrade all at once.

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:15 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Do they upgrade the fule pump for the extreme?
Old 02-18-2007, 01:15 PM
daydark
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: elburrito99
daydark --
Please pm me the link. This morning I experienced the "hesitation after long drive", which is a Ford Mustang TSB (right?). I think an upgraded fuel pump solves this problem and gets me a performance upgrade all at once.

Thanks.
Yes that is a ford TSB, and replacing the pumps will fix it. About the link to the thread, MustangForums censors the name of the other website. I wouldn't even be able to PM it to you, so only E-mail would work. But here, try this. I put spaces inbetween the name of the site (m o d u l a r f o r d s)... just remove those spaces and paste it into your browser address bar.
http://www.m o d u l a r f o r d s.com/forums/2005-mustang/another-fuel-pump-thread-75361.html

For those of you too lazy to check out the thread, I'll paste the meat of it. Basically, with those Ford GT pumps, you are buying only one single pump. You only get one single pump instead of two, You don't get the lines, core module, etc, so you'd have to buy all that as well. With the dual GT500 setup, you just drop it right in (1-2 hours install).

ORIGINAL: BlownS197
The problem with the "GT" pump setup is that in order to run dual pumps you must tie wrap the second pump to fuel pump/sender assembly and then run some sort of hack wiring with only one fuel pump module...it's just a cheap/quick way to get more fuel. Now I have heard of people swaping the GT500 pumps themselves for the "GT"s, which gives you added flow at 600+rwhp; now this is within the GT500 fuel pump assembly (which is designed for two pumps). I know Redbaron (Dale) is running the GT500 setup with a little over 600rwhp, and I don't think he is having issues.
ORIGINAL: vsop
The reason we use dual pumps? Fuel Flow & pressure.. is the simple answer.

The returnless fuel setup we use is what really makes us use dual pumps. On a return setup there are lots high flow pumps that can handle 1000hp, but using one in a returnless system burns them out as they are designed to run at a constant voltage, where the returnless uses the voltage to vary the rate.