Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Need to borrow a 2006 Saleen VIN#....PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:39 AM
USMCSS
1st Gear Member

Default Need to borrow a 2006 Saleen VIN#....PLEASE

I'm in a big battle with my insurance about insuring my car. It's a '99 Saleen andNADA guide lists it as being worth about $22Kand they had been just insuring it as a regular GT. Well, I tried to explain to them what it was and when I did, they double my insurance. It went from $688 every 6 months to $1292. That didn't sit right with me so I called back and got a quote on a 2006 GT Convertible which NADA lists be worth about $28K and they quoted be $733 every 6 months. I was like WTF!?!? It costs me about $500 LESS to insure a car that is worth about $6K MORE than mine. How the f*ck is that?

Anyways, I was hoping one of you guys with an '06 would let me use your Saleen VIN and call my insure company to get a quote on an '06 Saleen and see that they say. Kinda a way of backing up my battle. You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it publically.
Thanks
Old 06-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Default RE: Need to borrow a 2006 Saleen VIN#....PLEASE

Someone posted this very question several months back, let me see if I can find it. (hold on a sec........)

OK. Try this "link"and see if you can find out more. If it doesn't work, type "insurance" into search term at bottom of page. You will get many posts on this subject.

Good luck.
Jaz
Old 06-12-2007, 01:31 PM
smoothy
2nd Gear Member

You have a blower on it? That'll jack the rates up. Also, I'm not so sure about how much of an 'apples to apples' comparison it is between a '99 Saleen and an '06 GT. The claim rates are probably very different and with the advances in safety featureswhenever you release anewer generation in design the claim amounts are probably lower- for example, I pay less insurance on my '06 durango then I paid on my '00 durango due to extra air bags, stability control, better crash ratings etc. even though the value of the new truck was much higher than the old one.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:44 PM
USMCSS
1st Gear Member

Ya, but we're talking about my premium DOUBLING. Not going up just a couple hundred and a $500 difference in a '99 vs '06, not a little nickle and dime difference
Old 06-12-2007, 02:18 PM
foxsaleen
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I'm in a big battle with my insurance about insuring my car. It's a '99 Saleen andNADA guide lists it as being worth about $22Kand they had been just insuring it as a regular GT.
The reason for that is thatby the VIN number assigned to your car by Ford is a '99 Mustang GT.

Ihad the sameconversation with Allstate about my '87 Saleen convertible, they actually insure the car as a "87 LX 5.0 convertible Mustang. In case of a claim its up to me to prove the car is an actual Saleen Mustang and has a greater value. It would be a very easy thing to do, with the Saleen registry crossrefrencing the Saleen ID to the Ford VIN. With the Saleen orginizations available to confirm, Team Saleen letters, and the fact that the yellow/orange NADA Classic Car Value book shows $22K and Recent classified ads to establish current market value. The way I look at it I save money, but the burdon of proof is on me.

You could easily get a stated value insurance from Haggerty or another Classic car type carrier but you would be limited to yearly milage, where you park the car, sometimes can't use as a daily driver. But you pay for that stated value.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

Just go on Ebay and use a vin number from a car that's up for auction/.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:59 PM
USMCSS
1st Gear Member

I dunno why I didn't think of that considering how much time I spend on Ebay
Old 06-12-2007, 10:04 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

doh! Never tell the insurance company about the SC!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:12 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

Well, I tried to explain to them what it was and when I did, they double my insurance. It went from $688 every 6 months to $1292. That didn't sit right with me so I called back and got a quote on a 2006 GT Convertible which NADA lists be worth about $28K and they quoted be $733 every 6 months. I was like WTF!?!? It costs me about $500 LESS to insure a car that is worth about $6K MORE than mine. How the f*ck is that?
Your agent agent is out of his mind. They cover the replacement value on the car and class of motor that car falls into matched with your age and driving record. The difference I paid in monthly insurance premiums between my 1997 Cobra and 2002 Extreme wasaround $15/month more for the Saleen (which I shared the original window sticker with them......so they know what they're in for if.....God forbid....replacement ever be a concern).
Old 06-12-2007, 10:51 PM
smoothy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PolkThug

doh! Never tell the insurance company about the SC!
then they'll just dishonour any claim you make- they will claim you misrepresented the car. Hopefully that claim they decline doesn't include a liability suit against you, otherwise you're left defending yourself

Quick Reply: Need to borrow a 2006 Saleen VIN#....PLEASE