Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

06+ Extreme Owners ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:28 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 06+ Extreme Owners ...

ORIGINAL: saleen281eguy

well apparently i am the only E owner with this many problems, which makes your statement null and void correct?

i could see that a possibility of all the Extreme owners were like WTF.... but its just me!
It sure can feel like you're the only one experiencing problems when you're going through them. But as others have already said, several E owners have gone through the difficulties you are. The good news is you have a forum here so you aren't alone and you can get great advice from people who really know and really care.
[sm=exactly.gif]

I've said once before that I would not buy a late-model E, even if I had the money. Sam's comment about either they're good or they're not seems to ring true. It appears you've got a lemon. And I fail to understand why ANYONE would have to drive your car for the weekend, change a bunch of the settings, etc.to find out what's wrong with it. Especially when you could tell before you even left the lot! Can you say J-O-Y-R-I-D-E? Crazy.
[sm=shootshoot.gif]

If I were you, I'd spend some time talking to Sam The Jeep Man and then trade that sucker back for something that works. I don't think the PJs are going to suffer the same problems but Sam could tell you for sure -- he got one as trade for his lemon (and I don't mean yellow) E.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:37 PM
tim1200
3rd Gear Member

well apparently i am the only E owner with this many problems, which makes your statement null and void correct?

i could see that a possibility of all the Extreme owners were like WTF.... but its just me!
Others have commented already we all feel your pain, my car have been at the dealer since mid-May.

You can add Viper/Saleen to the list with problems with his Extreme, he has been trying to sell his for a few months now.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:49 PM
smoothy
2nd Gear Member

eek sorry to hear about all your problems. I wonder if all the problem cars could be traced back to one particular point, maybe one of the assembly teams? There seems to be a lot of hit or miss- some cars have no problems and others are dogs. So far I think I've been very lucky, not having the problems others have had with their E cars but I'm starting to wonder if lightning will get me too one day.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:45 PM
06SaleenX
3rd Gear Member

what becomes of the buyback ones? are they resold? etc?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:14 PM
walc
2nd Gear Member

I really feel for you.
When you buy a " top of the line premium priced car ", you would expect it not to be a piece of junk.
I would contact Saleen and ask them, firmly, to buy it back. If that fails, consult your State Lemon Law and an attorney.
Good luck.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:31 PM
saleen281eguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: smoothy

eek sorry to hear about all your problems. I wonder if all the problem cars could be traced back to one particular point, maybe one of the assembly teams? There seems to be a lot of hit or miss- some cars have no problems and others are dogs. So far I think I've been very lucky, not having the problems others have had with their E cars but I'm starting to wonder if lightning will get me too one day.
how about this.... do you use the full potential of your car? do you use 11.5-12 lbs of boost? (all 550 hp) or do you drive it like a mercedes (persay)?

that may be an objectifying difference.

What i am getting at is if you actually DRIVE the car... the performance might be showing through on weak parts, whereas if you use your extreme as a show car or it sits inyour garage, it might not have problems until the motor actually starts putting out 550 horses. ....
Old 06-20-2007, 03:20 AM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

Yeah,

I agree. Spend 70-80K of hard earned dough on that car with a built bottom end and you should be able to feel confident about driving the **** out of it if you want to. Otherwise, what's the point?

That was the reasoning behind my PJ comment. We probably won't see too many problems with those cars for 2 reasons.

1. Most of the owners just putt putt them from the garage to car show. (EDIT) with the exception of ChuckDoc!

2. No blower. That will eliminate a lot of possible problems already.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:38 AM
db28
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear or read about your Problems with your 2006 Extreme. Believe me youare NOT alone. Read my post>> ALL 2006 SALEEN EXTREME OWNERSon thismustangforums. My suggestion is to get in contact with a LEMON LAW ATTORNEY in your state. Please do not trade it in & let some other person get stuck with the headaches you,me & all the other Extreme owners that have had problems with them. When it is labeled as a Lemon by the court system then the title has to reflect LEMON on it(like it's stamped on titles when they are SALVAGED). Usually the car will be sent to the dealers auction & sold cheap.
Good Luck. [sm=shades.gif]

Old 06-20-2007, 04:45 AM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

I will say that I do have an Extreme. When I picked up the car, I was having some major PCM problems but Saleen took care of that (Thanks to Billy Tally). My car has 8,000 miles and I do push the car literally everyday (love the torque). I have complained about the brakes squeaking and Saleen has ignored the issue so I am going to leave it as is for now. The glass and silver ring on the boost guage and temperature have popped off (no biggie) and I superglued them back on. The temperature gauge only works if
if turn the car on/off twice. I dont get that problem. I have had the sensor replaced once but the same problem exists. My muffler is still not 100% but I have not had the time to take it in. I have come to the conclusion that compared to my 03 M3, the quality of the Mustang sucks BUT boy do I love the torque.

Thank god that the car is drivable and I dont have your problems as it is my only car and I do have to drive 40 miles one way to get to work.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 AM
smoothy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: smoothy

how about this.... do you use the full potential of your car? do you use 11.5-12 lbs of boost? (all 550 hp) or do you drive it like a mercedes (persay)?

that may be an objectifying difference.

What i am getting at is if you actually DRIVE the car... the performance might be showing through on weak parts, whereas if you use your extreme as a show car or it sits inyour garage, it might not have problems until the motor actually starts putting out 550 horses. ....
Sadly, I don't get to take the car out as much as I'd like to be able to (I get a good drive once or twice a week). When I do have it out, I've got everything going full-bore, no'Sunday driving'here. I live on the outskirts with tons of very lightly used concession and regional roads in my area. While I don't mind car shows, I'm not the type to pretty-up my ride just to let strangers ogle it (I get enough folks looking when I'm on the road)

Quick Reply: 06+ Extreme Owners ...