Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

An Unfortunate Torque in the Road...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:17 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: An Unfortunate Torque in the Road...

ORIGINAL: Jazzer The Cat

[sm=imsorry.gif] Amy. You know we all [sm=smiley27.gif] you and hate to see anyone of our pepes get a [sm=proof.gif] by the [sm=smiley35.gif] in blue. I think he just wanted to check out our fave [sm=innoc.gif] blonde in her beautiful Georgia who will always be our ROTM [sm=drlove.gif] here in the Saleen/Roush section of MF's

Jazzer

Ahhh, Jazzer. You da man who always makes me feel better...

Just in case my dad's reading this: Georgia is the ROTM, not me!! [sm=grinangel.gif]
Old 07-13-2007, 07:35 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

That made me laugh, but I dont think any of us were thinking of ROTM that way Amy...
Old 07-13-2007, 07:47 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that Amy. Friday the 13th huh? Didn't even realize it. I should have not drove to work today myself.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:50 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dotbomb

Sorry to hear that Amy. Friday the 13th huh? Didn't even realize it. I should have not drove to work today myself.
Haha I agree bc looked what happened to your baby...
Old 07-14-2007, 12:52 AM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

Fight the ticket.. give it to a lawyer!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:53 AM
rp4643
1st Gear Member

WOW AMY, We have something in common, now lets keep itgoing... :-) I got a 74 in a 55 Thursday. Im pleading NOT GUILTY. Never-ever plead guilty or pay a fine. Go to court (or check if you can send a copy of ticket in with a letter saying NOT Guilty to the clerk of court, certify it) Wait for your court date. Go to court if the cop doesn't show, its dismissed. If he does, so what? get it knocked down or volunteer to take a driver course ( they offer them online now) and have it removed from your record. If the cop shows ask him questions that ertain to things like specifics. I have a friend who gets an averageof 6 tickets a year and he has not paid dime one.

95% of people with a ticket just mail in the fine, that s what they want you to do. Speding ticketsgenerates over$3 Billion a year in revenue. Its going to get worse since agencies have revenue shortfalls, its a huge scam and its hapeening all over.

Let me know what you do and Il keep you ionformed of my dealings , OK, Rob

[IMG]local://upfiles/70461/EBF1F43F90604A1C866A8251E72C316E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-14-2007, 09:42 AM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rp4643

WOW AMY, We have something in common, now lets keep itgoing... :-) I got a 74 in a 55 Thursday. Im pleading NOT GUILTY. Never-ever plead guilty or pay a fine. Go to court (or check if you can send a copy of ticket in with a letter saying NOT Guilty to the clerk of court, certify it) Wait for your court date. Go to court if the cop doesn't show, its dismissed. If he does, so what? get it knocked down or volunteer to take a driver course ( they offer them online now) and have it removed from your record. If the cop shows ask him questions that ertain to things like specifics. I have a friend who gets an averageof 6 tickets a year and he has not paid dime one.

95% of people with a ticket just mail in the fine, that s what they want you to do. Speding ticketsgenerates over$3 Billion a year in revenue. Its going to get worse since agencies have revenue shortfalls, its a huge scam and its hapeening all over.

Let me know what you do and Il keep you ionformed of my dealings , OK, Rob

[IMG]local://upfiles/70461/EBF1F43F90604A1C866A8251E72C316E.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks Rob. Where do you live? That photo looks a lot like the Tesuque flea market north of Santa Fe. Sure looks like a New Mexico sky anyway!

I ask because Texas is a bear when it comes to traffic tix and finz [sm=devilgrin.gif] However, this will not dissuade me from fighting the ticket. I have to go there in person anyway to show that I have a license plate on the front bumper. (BTW am buyinga plate bracketfrom Torqinky, you'll see them in recent posts on mf). Will probably plead Not Guilty at that time and set a court date. Have never done this before so it should be interesting. [sm=devilangel.gif] My driving record is spotless (insert wood-knocking icon here) and intend to keep it that way. I'm hesitant to hire an attorney because it doesn't appear that they can do anything for me that I couldn't do myself. Most just promise to have the fine reduced (for a fee, so you end up even or worse off financially)and get deferred adjudication or defensive driving for you -- which you can easily do without "representation". In some ways these lawyers are preying on the public in the same manner as the city traffic court system -- they both assume that we are too lazy and/or too ignorant to fight for ourselves.

Let me know what happens with yours, Rob, and I'll do the same.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:09 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

That stinks that you got nabbed by the man....[sm=icon_beat.gif]
Old 07-14-2007, 05:38 PM
LL04286
1st Gear Member

[sm=lame.gif] Sorry to hear this Amy. make sure there is a sign out there that says 45 mph. they can not enforce it without the proper signs.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:15 PM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

I gave my 91 in a 65 ticket to a lawyer. He is still fighting it. He said that he keeps getting extensions on the ticket until the court just wants to settle on it and then he gets them to throw it all out.

Quick Reply: An Unfortunate Torque in the Road...