Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

An Unfortunate Torque in the Road...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:31 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Default RE: An Unfortunate Torque in the Road...

A lawyer can get it dismissed where as you representing your self will more like justget it reduced. It depends if you can afford the points/penalty your state imposes. Wont save you much cash as far as the fine goes becausethe lawyers fee will off set the savings in court fines, unless you live in Virgina where a fine forthat speed would be $3000. In NYS if you get 11 points or 3 speeding tickets in 18 months your licence is suspended.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:51 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

No in Virginia, you have to be at least 20mph over for the $3000 fine...she was only 16mph over
Old 07-15-2007, 12:20 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

That stinks. He was just jealous of the pretty girl in the pretty car. [:'(]
Old 07-15-2007, 06:52 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: AmyVCTexas

ORIGINAL: slammer1

I warned you about FRIDAY THE 13TH Amy!!!
Yes you did, Brotha in Blue. Now would you please warn me about a huge cash windfall from an unknown aunt or something?!
Damn Amy - even I remember Slammers warning to you [8D] From this date on, you are NOT allowed to set foot in Georgia on future 13th Days of the Month that happen to fall on a Friday without consulting your advisors here at the MF! Sorry for your luck, but at least this time the car came out fine
Old 07-15-2007, 06:56 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: LL04286

[sm=lame.gif] Sorry to hear this Amy. make sure there is a sign out there that says 45 mph. they can not enforce it without the proper signs.
This is a very good point. Go back with a video cam, and if there is not a 45 MPH sign up to the 60 sign then shoot a video clip for evidence! They can't ticket you for a "commonly known safety zone" - there has to be signage of some sort. If there is a sign, then call Jazzer - I'm sure he'll fly down and knock it over for the video shoot [8D]
Old 07-15-2007, 06:57 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: FrostByte
Hey FrostByte - who made your avatar [&:] It appears to bea SN95 New Edge car, but with a new S197 Saleen Airdam - pretty cool Also, did you paint your car Tungsten - cause that wasn't a color choice in '04 to the best of my knowledge. That should be Dk Shadow Grey unless I'm drunk (again) [8D]
Old 07-15-2007, 07:46 AM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Sorry for your luck, but at least this time the car came out fine
Wellll.... not so much. But I'm not going to drag everyone through the latest dealer fiasco. If okay with you, I may PM some pix to you and see if what's on the car now matches what's on yours (because you have an '05 and I know you're a detail freak). Want to see what Saleen has to say on Monday first.

Thanks Jason!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:12 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

No problem Amy, but rather than having to log on for pm's you can just email them directly to sowaxeman@insightbb.com Now you have me curious as to what may be wrong []
Old 08-24-2007, 04:11 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Just a little update following yesterday's pre-trial hearing on my speeding + no front plate tickets.

Just a refresher: received ticket while coming out of a toll booth from a dead stop (to throw 3 quarters in the basket -- I have no hand-eye coordination [8D]). Toll road speed limit is 60, except for "grace area" before and after booth, which is 45. Nabbed for going 61 in a 45 when leaving the booth. And just for grins, Officer Fife threw in a "no front license plate" charge as well.

Here were my options:

1. Plead NO CONTEST, take 3 months deferred adjudication and pay $220. License plate charge will be dropped
2. Plead NO CONTEST, take Defensive Driving ($25 cost) and pay $103. License plate charge will be dropped
3. Go to court on October 10 (Jury Trial). If I win, all charges dropped. If I lose, approx $7 zillion in fines, plus points on my license, resulting in higher insurance rates
4. Same as Option 3, but Judge Trial on October 4

Soooooo.... inquiring minds want to know: What Would You Do?

Old 08-24-2007, 04:40 PM
bigwingsaleen
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmyVCTexas

Nabbed for going 61 in a 45 when leaving the booth.
I'd have to check for the 45mph speed limitsign (video proof as mentioned), and exactly how far do you have to go PAST the toll booth before speed limit goes back up? I might understand the aproaching speed limit being lower...but leaving?

Try to get proof of the 45 speed limit and choose option 3..a jury of piers would be understanding than a judge.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: An Unfortunate Torque in the Road...