Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

If your name was "Saleen"...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 04:10 PM
LL04286
1st Gear Member

Default RE: If your name was "Saleen"...

as far as the 99-04 years i wouldn't change anything on the exterior. My focus would be on the interior. Saleen should customize the interior a little more. It is pretty boring in there.

and maybe a few more saleen mods to the N/A motor to distance itself from a GT in HP.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:14 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LL04286

and maybe a few more saleen mods to the N/A motor to distance itself from a GT in HP.
I definitely agree with this, especially considering that the Saleen is heavier making themrelatively the same in performance [>:]
Old 07-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

I try not to sound like a negative nancy most of the time so sorry if I come off that way, but I dont work for new car so I really have no idea what their plans are. But, as far as Aftermarket goes....

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Ok Jared, since you are listening and providing the feedback- all I ask for isfour SIMPLE mods that I'm sure the average Saleen owner wouldn't even noticeas an extra$1000 additional on their sticker price. Not options....STANDARDS:

#1 - Take off the damn valve covers and give them a nice black powder coat finish with a nice yellow SALEEN sticker in the finish. - We are working on getting custom valve covers. We are looking for a couple different vendor samples and seeing which ones can make the best ones for us. It will probably be available in the future. We wont have stickers on them, they will be engraved if anything. Stickers would come off too easy with the heat.

#2 - Give us a simple CAI kit with a metal higher flowing inlet tube and ditch the hideous looking factory box. - I dont know what the plans are for production in the future, but the inlet tube that is on the S281 S/C and E is already a high flow inlet tube. I know in aftermarket we will probably be offering the JDM/SpeedLab cold air kit later on that will be a cold air version of this tube, just like JDM uses.

#3 - Take off the cheasy, RUSTY stock exhaust manifolds and put on a nice set of stainless shorties - Not gonna happen, its honestly not cost efficient to take stock headers and get polished versions, we can't add performance headers without having issues with emissions in some states. Might be available as an aftermarket option.

#4 - For the N/A cars, have adecorative Intake Cover made up that is custome for Saleen (much like the '07 GT's had standard with the pony on it) - I'll kick that around to the people upstairs and see what they think. I'm always willing to pass along feedback like this.

Thats all - nothing else - Good! All these questions are making me thirsty! [sm=icon_guiness.gif]
Old 07-21-2007, 08:22 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

+1 on the valve covers. Black powder coat with red Saleen logo to match the Series VI would look killer. Put heatsink grooves in the valve covers for heat dissipation.

Ditch the '70 Cuda looking rear end plastic pieces.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:49 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PolkThug

+1 on the valve covers. Black powder coat with red Saleen logo to match the Series VI would look killer. Put heatsink grooves in the valve covers for heat dissipation.

Ditch the '70 Cuda looking rear end plastic pieces.

I like my car's rear end! [8D]
Old 07-21-2007, 08:53 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmyVCTexas

I would be willing to bet my life on the fact that if I hadn't in fact pointed this one out, Jazz would be hopping on this quote by Amy right now!! So I just thought I would be the one to say, yes Jazz, we understand the sexual connotation behind this comment, no need to turn yet another thread into a sexual battle between you and the lovely Amy.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:24 PM
tim1200
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

I would be willing to bet my life on the fact that if I hadn't in fact pointed this one out, Jazz would be hopping on this quote by Amy right now!! So I just thought I would be the one to say, yes Jazz, we understand the sexual connotation behind this comment, no need to turn yet another thread into a sexual battle between you and the lovely Amy.
Not bad weedhopper.......
Old 07-21-2007, 09:54 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tim1200

Not bad weedhopper.......
Hey hey haha...whats that supposed to mean? [&o]
Old 07-22-2007, 07:56 AM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

This sentiment coming from an 18 year-old male? I'm worried about ya, Mickey. [8D]
Old 07-22-2007, 08:10 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Weedhopper....grasshopper - same thing. Its just a friendly connotation towards your youth BTY - that was a good one Mickey because I was thinking the same thing [8D]

BTW - thanks to Jared for taking the time to read our thoughts and taking some ideas up the ladder

Quick Reply: If your name was "Saleen"...