Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

What would you do?

Old 07-27-2007, 10:05 AM
05RedHead
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What would you do?

ORIGINAL: rp4643

Ok a new fresh perspective on her ordeal.
#1) Amy is a paying customer. She is not happy with the orginal bumper and the replacement , for what ever reason, is worse then the orginal one.
#2) Amy is not a happy paying customer, she is being Zen about it and more then tolerable. Thats advantage 1 for the dealership.
#3) It is NOT her problem, It is the dealerships. The car is under warranty and they must correct the situation no matter what it cost them or how. The correction has to be acceptable by Amy.
#4) Legally the dealership is repsonsible and Saleen must provide the Dealer the support to make this right, Again this is NOT Amy's problem.
#5) Do NOT accept anything from the dealer that is kludged. Only accpept quality parts.
#6) Have them put back on the orginal bumper
#7) Have them extend the warranty for the work they are doing, EventuallySallen will make a 100% non-flawed bumper and you can get one.
#8) Get everything in writing,
#9) The dealership should offfer Amy a free oil change etc for her hassles. Make her dam happy!

It all about cusotmer service. Dealerships depend on a happy customer. The dealership needs to step up to the plate and correct the situation, again it is NOT amys problem.

My two cents
Rob

True, but how many Saleen dealerships are in the area? They know she can't really go anywhere else prolly.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
rp4643
1st Gear Member

Good point but that is not her problem. If they have to, load the car on a trailer and send it to Saleen to make it right. Im serious. This is not a $28,000 Dodge Charger.
We as customers and we have rights and laws that protect us. We should not take this lightly. She should not scarifice herself to make a dealership money.
I would be major upset and not to Zen like. Give her credit she is being a great sport , but sometimesnice people do finish last.

Sorry for the tone but I have a hard time wondering why companies jsut cant figure it out that the cusotmer makes or breaks a business.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:34 AM
tim1200
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rp4643

The dealership needs to step up to the plate and correct the situation, again it is NOT amys problem.

My two cents
Rob
Rob,
Good points except Saleenneeds to step up and aid the dealer in fixing the problem.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:08 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Thanks so much guys for taking the time to come to my rescue!! And Rob, I appreciate your passion about this. It has been an interesting experience... Here's where things stand:

1. I've got my baby back! (and thus my mojo is intact ). It is a very uneasy feeling to leave your favorite toy in the hands of strangers who don't care as much about it as you do. You all can relate, I'm sure...

2. The dealer's Saleen Service Tech, Service Manager, Body Shop Manager and General Manager held a conference call with Steve Snider at Saleen this a.m. I guess I got their attention! The conference call happened because I made sure everyone understood that I had filed the situation under "Not My Problem" and it would remain there, with the meter running on a rental car at the dealer's expense, until someone else figured out an acceptable solution.

3. The mutually agreed upon resolution: Saleen will prep and paint a bumper in their facility, to their standards, and ship it within the next two weeks. The dealer will receive said bumper but not install it until I have looked it over and am satisfied. Then I will wait for them to install it so Georgia doesn't have to spend another night away from home with strangers. "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"

4. I put the agreement in writing and have a signature from the Service Manager and a confirmation email from Saleen.

Given the circumstances, I am pleased with this outcome. Hopefully, in two weeks Georgia will have a showroom quality bumper (as it should be!) and the rest will be history. Who was ultimately responsible for the substandard condition of the bumper on her now is still up for debate, though I don't think it matters anymore. As with most things in life, figuring out who's responsible for the solution is a much better use of time and energy than figuring out who's responsible for the problem. I'm just pleased that both the dealer and Saleen worked to get the problem solved.

Isn't this life fascinating? What a learning experience!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:22 PM
tim1200
3rd Gear Member

Great news Amy..........hope things go as planned........
Old 07-27-2007, 09:58 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

Amy this sucks you are dealing with this and it hasn't turned out acceptable (yet).

I've had my share of warranty work with my Saleen. My goal was to get it to an acceptable level and then each and every problem I find from that point forward I'll pay for myself. I think you now know why I've come to that conclusion [&:]
Old 07-27-2007, 11:15 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dotbomb

Amy this sucks you are dealing with this and it hasn't turned out acceptable (yet).

I've had my share of warranty work with my Saleen. My goal was to get it to an acceptable level and then each and every problem I find from that point forward I'll pay for myself. I think you now know why I've come to that conclusion [&:]
I'm with ya on that, brother! It's all about expectation management....
Old 07-28-2007, 12:39 AM
jbullerjr
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmyVCTexas

I made sure everyone understood that I had filed the situation under "Not My Problem" and it would remain there, with the meter running on a rental car at the dealer's expense, until someone else figured out an acceptable solution.
Amy,

I can feel your pain.

I have been a Saleen owner for 14 months. I bought a 900 mile 05 S-281 in May of 06, I traded that car for an 06 SC-281 in October of 06.
In that time frame I have had a Saleen in the shop for a combined 4 MONTHS!!!

In order...

24 days to replace the drivers side seat cover, 05

Replace Exhaust 05

Then, three visits to fix broken seat controls,05 06 06, now broken again

Tint windows twice, first time had major scratches after 1 week 06

Over 6 weeks to replace the front rotors 06

4 weeks to make the pass. side airbag work 06

Replace drivers side hood vent 06

Replace fuel pump 06

Replace hash mark stickers on both sides 06

3 weeks toreplace front bumper and intercooler 06 (stupid guy hauling sheet metal,UNsecured in a flatbed trailer) they did a bad job on this it will be going back. Saleen sent the bumper, closed down shipping for 12 days to do inventory, then sent intercooler.

After spend many hours on the phone with Saleen about the brake problem, I had a lightbulb moment, I AM NOT SALEENS' CUSTOMER, I AM GP FORDS CUSTOMER AND I WILL NEVER CALL THEM DIRECT AGAIN. I made the dealer aware of this and now will only talk to them. Seems to help me, get to focus all my energy on one person. Does not seem to help the process.

My dealer, Grand Prarie Ford, does not cover the tax on the rental, $4 a day. For the most part they don't do loaners, I have had two, but it is a rarity.
So $4 times 120 days = $480 Plus 4 months of making payments while car sits in the shop EQUALS not even a free oil change.

Wow, thought I might be able to end this on an upbeat note, I guess all I have is that almost everyone LOVES my car, even me (well most of the time).

James
Old 07-28-2007, 07:41 AM
rp4643
1st Gear Member

Amy, Thats great , It sounds like someone is stepping up and taking responsibility and its not you... its who it should be.

Jbull, Holly crap , thats insane. Ummmm I would seriously ask for a new car. No Im not laughing. Your protected as a consumer. Ive done this myself ( not a Saleen)and guess what I did get a new car. Cost me less then a rental.

Lemon Law...

Old 07-28-2007, 08:08 AM
SMOKE
2nd Gear Member

Good luck .. I hope it works out to your satisfaction.
Sounds like you have a plan, which always helps.

SALEEN pieces and prep work have been synonymous forever. Hopefully the Mercedes folks can help.

Search this Thread