Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen Letter of Authenticity Poll....

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:00 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

Default Saleen Letter of Authenticity Poll....

Tongue in cheek poll

I got my Letter of Authenticity yesterday (thank you Pati, by the way) and was surprised to see that my Extreme was1 of 7 in 2002 with color and options (silver graphics and wheel upgrade). Iknow the Saleen registry lists different options for Extremes.....even thoughtheyall essentially have the same options (e.g. mine listed the wheel upgrade, butall Extremes had the wheel upgrade though some don't list it).

If I remember correct, StangKing got his letter with it being 1 of 4 . I'm assuming his was originally black with silver graphics as well. Do the numbers get calculated strictly from what appears in the color plus options listin the registry? AmI missing something as to why our numbers don't match.....or do wehave a FL-likereconciliationsystem ?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Default RE: Saleen Letter of Authenticity Poll....

I suck at darts [&o]
Old 08-11-2007, 12:10 AM
C.Saleen
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mills281e

Tongue in cheek poll

I got my Letter of Authenticity yesterday (thank you Pati, by the way) and was surprised to see that my Extreme was1 of 7 in 2002 with color and options (silver graphics and wheel upgrade). Iknow the Saleen registry lists different options for Extremes.....even thoughtheyall essentially have the same options (e.g. mine listed the wheel upgrade, butall Extremes had the wheel upgrade though some don't list it).

If I remember correct, StangKing got his letter with it being 1 of 4 . I'm assuming his was originally black with silver graphics as well. Do the numbers get calculated strictly from what appears in the color plus options listin the registry? AmI missing something as to why our numbers don't match.....or do wehave a FL-likereconciliationsystem ?
Im not sure that all the E's in 02 got the 10' rear wheels, I belive they all did in 03, the thing with the E car is, its so Rare and so few are made, but the standard options are pretty much everything Saleen has to offer, so making yours one of one, would either require special paint, or non chrome wheels, and black is a very common color, i also own a black 02
Old 08-11-2007, 06:36 AM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

Im not sure that all the E's in 02 got the 10' rear wheels, I belive they all did in 03, the thing with the E car is, its so Rare and so few are made, but the standard options are pretty much everything Saleen has to offer, so making yours one of one, would either require special paint, or non chrome wheels, and black is a very common color
Point well taken. The idea that StangKing was quoted a different build number of black coupes is the idea with whichI was perplexed (assuming we didn't have any different optionsin either"listed differences" or "real differences").

i also own a black 02
I noted thatsweet, blackride when you first posted.....I could sense Jazzer shaking in his shoes out west like a CA earthquake when he saw another black, 8-gilled monster show up on the scene
Old 08-11-2007, 10:54 AM
StangKing
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mills281e

Tongue in cheek poll

Hey that is weird... And yes my car did come black w/ silver graphics..x10's in the back..and chrome.. I think the only options for the extreme's was the chrome wheels... They all have x10's in rear...