Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Lets Keep This Section ON Topic Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:57 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default Lets Keep This Section ON Topic Please

Ok gang, I've been dreading doing it for a few weeks because I don't want to seem like a hard a$$...seriously. But lately we have had several off topic threads started in here and its been brought to my attention that I need to keep it focused in here. So please do not start any OT threads, take them to the "scary" Off Topic section if you want to talk about it.

I know we have a pretty tight knit group of folks in here that we like to communicate with, but I also feel we have lost several members over the past 6 months that use to be regulars. I don't want people to drift away, or worse have potential new members pass us by because the think we aren't focused on the cars at hand...Saleen, Roush and Shinodas.

Sorry if you think I'm being a hard a$$, I really ain't (yeah I know, great grammar huh) [8D] Thanks for your understanding
Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Lets Keep This Section ON Topic Please

I was actually thinking about this about 2 weeks ago. Is it possible to create an off-topic sticky for the saleen section? I'd hate to lose classic posts from jazzer, chuckdoc, mills, amy, and the gang. Off-topic on the regular board is a zoo.

You could justcall it "off topic"

Old 10-03-2007, 10:02 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Unfortunately not, I tried to have a Sub-Section created for OT type threads in here but in order to keep it fair across all sections the big wigs have opted against this. Thier view (and I sort of agree) is this is the Saleen/Roush/Boss section, not an OT section. The MF has its own OT section which they feel we should be visiting if we want to chat off topic...not just hiding out in here.

Having a stickied thread for OT would get really messy, topics within topics []. Like I said, I don't mind if a focused topic contains some OT type responses and even sparks up idle conversations among folks (like we have all become accustom to), just don't START an OT thread in here and we'll be fine.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:06 AM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for clearing out the OT threads. I was trying to drop a major hint in that VH thread
Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

You have a good point.

And by the way......I know this is off topic (but it's within a thread so it's ok!), but thanks for maintaining this section Jason! Good job!

Old 10-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Well there goes my new"car wash in a moo moo" pics I had planned to upload[&o]

Jazzer is OB in the OT
Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
04#231SC
3rd Gear Member

Hey Jason, Your dead on. No issues with how you had to approach this with us. I think the core group of people in here know what is expected and work to make sure the site is the best on the web.
Jon
Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Thank you Jason! I notice that I spend more time in the s197 4.6 section now than here because they actually talk about performance mods and other interesting things...dont get me wrong, I love it in here but there isnt a WHOLE lot of help regarding performance and how-to type things in here, but nonetheless it is a blast!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:42 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Jason, it's an ugly job but someone had to do it. I appreciate the role you have on this forum and you deserve a big thank you! So far you've been great about stepping in when appropriate without getting a God Complex. Hat's off to you.

Regarding the coming and going of members, that is a natural fluctuation (can I say that?) and anyone alarmed by it is just thinking silly thoughts. People's interests both in this forum and in their cars is going to ebb and flow. Actually I have been aware of a surge in new members over the past few weeks and welcome them! Not all will stay, not all will post regularly. That's just the way it is. if the "big wigs" or anyone else believes this forum can be all things to all people, they are setting themselves up for disappointment.

I LOVE 'gloo's idea of an OT sticky within the forum but if the "big wigs" are opposed, then that's their prerogative. The directive not to start an OT thread is easy enough. A directive not to go OT within a thread would be a challenge for some of us.... wouldn't you miss me???

It's all about balance IMHO.

Last but not least, Mickey I disagree with you whole-heartedly. You know I love you sweetheart, but if you are finding a lack of technical info perhaps it's because
A. you're not asking for it and/or
B. it seems Saleen and Roush owners aren't looking to throw everything but the kitchen sink on their cars

As an active seeker of help/info and a casual observer, it has been my experience that when someone has a question, all the help one could possibly hope for and more comes rushing in.

But I could be wrong. in which case, "NEVER MIND!"

Old 10-03-2007, 03:17 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: eviligloo

You have a good point.

And by the way......I know this is off topic (but it's within a thread so it's ok!), but thanks for maintaining this section Jason! Good job!
See, now thats what I'm talking about

Quick Reply: Lets Keep This Section ON Topic Please