Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.
View Poll Results: A poll
ROUSH
27.59%
SALEEN
72.41%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

WHO DO WE HAVE IN HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default RE: WHO DO WE HAVE IN HERE

Yes, and isn't it interesting that the S/C S281 isn't any faster than the Stage 3....sad indeed.
Since the 05 blown models aren't out yet (looks like Roush isn't getting theirs out til Septeber, which is awfully late) I assume your talking about the 04's. I was never trying to make a 'speed' comparison between the two, but I was making an efficiency and technology argument. Why is it sad that both cars make the same hp? Sad because Saleen uses a way more efficient and technologicly advanced blower? What's sad is that Roush is nearing bankruptcy, and they are using old, inefficient roots blowers to try to save themselves $. Just like the side exhaust. -No more side exhaust for 05; it costs Roush too much $. The side exhaust is pretty cool, and really helped to set themselves apart from Saleen. They are loosing their identity and starting to go sideways. It's too bad. I like Roush and always have, but since Roush has decided to sacrafice their identity trademarks, technology and efficiency to save a few bucks, I will never consider them when purchasing a new mustang. Sorry if I'm hitting a soft spot, but I call 'em as I see 'em.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:08 PM
ryanb311
2nd Gear Member

Need I say more...ROUSH!!
but birdman has a point with the blower and going under
Old 03-10-2005, 11:46 PM
TJ4Cam

No soft spot here man....just worried about your information. First off, where in the world did you hear that Roush was nearing bankruptcy??? I follow Roush news daily and would like to know more about that, cause its news to me. Also, on paper the twin should, with its efficiency outperform the roots in the S3, yet the Saleen does not do so from a pure speed standpoint, I wonder why that is? I think it might have something to do with R&D and the massive in house testing that Roush performs not only for its own cars, but Ford in general.

I can assure the Saleen owners that my information tells me that Roush isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The Saleen Mustang is more popular than the Roush car overall....Saleen builds a million of them and will continue to do so, I understand that and have zero problem with it. Us Roush guys are for the most part quiet about things with our low production numbers, but it always seems to me that the Saleen guys have it out for us, wanting to bash here and there, but in the end they must accept that the cars are so equal its a moot point. Yes, I know you have the "E" car and its an awesome performer, no doubt.

I would much rather be friends with ALL Mustang owners, because in the end we all wear the same running horse badge and on the same team.

With all that being said, lets go have a beer and trounce some rice!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:39 AM
ROUSH360R
2nd Gear Member

Roush going out of business!!! Come on birdie. Even say it was true that the division of Roush (RPP) that builds the cars is struggling, don't you think good ol' Jack has the funds from say the most successful NASCAR program in recent history to bail it out! Roush isn't going anywhere and what you heard is a rumor.

As far as the Saleen better than Roush and vice versa, All that is ****[:@]
The enemy is the vette not a fellow pony!
Old 03-11-2005, 12:25 PM
97Saleen#1212

Seems to me arguing over who has a higher tech engine is kind of pointless, given the architecture and sheer lack of tech that either engine is bolted too. These chassis are about as low tech and old school as it comes. Sort of like fleas arguing over who has a right to the dog they are on.

Let's all just enjoy Mustangs for what they are, cheap fun and you can mod them from mild to wild and anything in between to suit your personal tastes.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I didn't hear that Roush was filing bankruptcy, I have heard they are struggling. The word was they were trying to get out of the red. Now, this was for the Roush division of mustangs, not Roush racing. I heard this from 2 different independant sources (not Saleen or anybody to do with Saleen). -I never said Roush was filing for bankrupcy, I just heard they are struggling, and in the red. Look Roush people, I'm not trying to 'flame' Roush. I'm just telling you what I heard from the inside. But Roush guys, c'mon, you gotta be disappointed that Roush isn't doing a side exhaust for 05. They should have at least made it an option, which they could have done. I called Roush about a month ago and asked them what was going on. Basicly, they are trying to save $ on the build costs for the 05. The Roush side exhaust was one of the sweetest things the Roush's had to set them apart. Just because I have pointed out the 'no side exhaust' deal and the 'roots blower' deal, don't take it as a flame. I really hope Roush stays around, and continues to put out better products. I like Roush, always have. -I just hope they do the things needed to help set their cars apart.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:00 PM
ROUSH360R
2nd Gear Member

I think we discussed this before in another thread. I agree that at least the side pipes should be an "option" and not out of the picture. Maybe a stage 4 should be made w/ the side pipes and a twin turbo![sm=happybounce.gif]
Old 03-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I think we discussed this before in another thread. I agree that at least the side pipes should be an "option" and not out of the picture. Maybe a stage 4 should be made w/ the side pipes and a twin turbo!
We have discussed this before, and I'm not an 'enemy' of Roush's and Roush people. Yes, they should have (and could have) made the side pipes an option. Sounds like your proposed stage 4 would be a good thing for Roush. And your right, tt's might be just the thing that helps Roush tremendously. That would be cool. Roush needs new stuff like that. I hope Roush sticks around for a long time.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:19 PM
ROUSH360R
2nd Gear Member

I don't feel you are a Roush hater! As far as what Roush needs, I don't think they need anything other than the side pipe option on the S3.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:05 PM
05STAGE1

We just bought a 05 sonic blue Roush,and we love the car, not too fast, but really nice to look at and drive,my better half loves it even more, and the kids never stop staring at it, go figure??

[IMG]local://upfiles/13126/5715B3AD8679483D9884423D8537EE6F.jpg[/IMG]