Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Dead Battery 2006 Saleen S/C Again!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 02:35 AM
Pony on
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dead Battery 2006 Saleen S/C Again!!

Check your ground straps. A quick check to seeif this your problem, when it doesn't start, use a jumper cable from the batterys neg. to agood chasis ground. If it starts up you have a bad ground strap connection to chasis, if not then you have an open ground that is slowly draining your battery. Aftermarket alarms are the most common open ground causes. Or as Amy mentioned it could be the ground to your headlights. Check all areas that Saleen removed grounds for work and insure good frame contact.Not Ford related in my opinion.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:43 AM
tmiles
1st Gear Member

Mine is killing the battery also here lately. I noticed after the second time that the clock on the radio is staying lit up. The radio has not been on in months. I dont drive it far enough to turn it on.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Bob D.
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pony on
Check all areas that Saleen removed grounds for work and insure good frame contact.Not Ford related in my opinion.
Actually there are plenty of facory-stock Ford Mustangs with battery drain related to theShaker stereo system--in fact,I became aware of the radio as a possible culprit from a "regular" Mustang site and my dealer had only seenthe problemin non-Saleen cars. There may be some ground issues caused by work done by Saleen, but thereis definitely a Ford issue out there too. Whatever the cause, however, your advice is greatforthose whoneed to troubleshoot further to solve their battery drain issue.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 AM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmiles

Mine is killing the battery also here lately. I noticed after the second time that the clock on the radio is staying lit up. The radio has not been on in months. I dont drive it far enough to turn it on.
Oy! You need to get out more! They're more fun when they're moving, tmiles. [8D]
Old 11-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

I have an aftermarket alarm and GPS tracking module. Could this drain it in 2 weeks?.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:40 PM
281sc060777
1st Gear Member

Am I to understand that there is no actual fix?? If I bring it to a dealer and explain to them that the radio has to be turned off prior to shutting down the engine will they know what to fix? Obviouslyif a new radio causes the same issue there must be a wiring problem within the harnass....I plan on taking it in so I will keep you all posted....Thanks for all the info!!
Old 11-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Pony on
1st Gear Member

Your servicing dealer will be able to isolate the cause, tell them to look for a weak or open ground.
It's gonna be okay, I think[sm=smiley2.gif]
Old 11-15-2007, 09:25 AM
froman6
1st Gear Member

Same here, mine was dying until I started turning of my radio (Shaker 1000). No issues since.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:51 AM
svfetter
2nd Gear Member

Gentlemen,

There have been numerous posts on this previously and while the Shaker issue is valid there is no real fix for this issue. As stated on other posts by those more knowledgeable than myself - There is a constant draw on the battery with virtually all cars with the anti theif system. If you let these cars set for an extended period of time be prepaired for the battery issue. My limit on my new 427 is about 3 weeks. I have a 2000 Expedition that will do the same thing if let sit for a while without starting and driving. So it is not just isolated to Mustangs. Why some seem to be more sensative than others - Who Knows? I know I will charge my battery on a regular basis during the winter.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: svfetter

Gentlemen & ladies (please) ,
.....I will charge my battery on a regular basis during the winter.

..... me too [sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: Dead Battery 2006 Saleen S/C Again!!