Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Just bought a 03 s281 sc

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 02:59 AM
jl4punch2

Default Just bought a 03 s281 sc

Hey guys, I been reading through this forum the last few days so that I would not ask any qustions that have already been asked. This is my first muscle car, but I do have a 02 Z71 tahoe with a whipple supercharger. I just sold my Clk 430 /kleenman supercharger to get this saleen. I have a few questions, if I modify this car will it lose some value. Most rare item are worth more if they are kept in their original condition. Second question, is this a pully I should get http://www.chicanesport.com/products...rticle_6.shtml Thanks for all your help
Old 03-07-2005, 03:14 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Just bought a 03 s281 sc

i think it would ruin the value of the car, because nobody wants to buy someone elses modded stuff, but before you sell it take all the stuff off, as for the pulley stock 2v motors are rated to like 9 lbs of boost so your limited as far as what you can do, but i have seen 12lbs ran very safely on a 2v er
Old 03-07-2005, 03:15 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

im sure you could port the blower as well
Old 03-07-2005, 03:16 AM
jl4punch2

If you guys were wondering, this is the saleen I bought. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...531994178&rd=1 This car is everything that he said it was, perfect inside and out. Besides some tuning work, should I get this intake or should I leave the stock one in http://www.chicanesport.com/products...rticle_3.shtml
What tuner do you guys recommand for this setup. Thanks again
Old 03-07-2005, 03:18 AM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

Congrats on your new ride.
Funny what you sold for it. If I get my way with the wife, I'll have a new E55 in a few months. Anyway, Do whatever you want with your car just as long as you save everything so you can bring the car back "factory stock" when you decide to sell it. As far as value goes anyone looking for a used Saleen and knows what they want will want a stock or close to stock Saleen Mustang over a modded one. That's not to scare you from modding your car, just keep this in mind for later.
Joe at Chicane knows more about Saleen Mustangs than anyone. His pulley is a nice. cheap upgrade. Think about a new tune afterwards to get the most out of it. Birdie can suggest a few moe mods also.
Remember to keep in mind you still have a warranty also. It appears that you are a guy who knows what you want (how many guys have a blown Tahoe) so go for it. Ask Joe about Matt's car ( a silver Fobra vert ) with a forged bottom end, Kenne Bell, making 550 rwhp 510 trq. out of his shop. He's making over 430 trq at only 2,750 rpm. You may want to pass on a pulley and go for a home run with a new blower and shelf yours.

Good luck.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:41 AM
jl4punch2

Thanks for the help, but I am going to keep the blower I have, not that press to change it. I am looking to get around 450 hp without stressing the motor or blower. How is the exhaust on this car, is that worth changing? P.S Say When I sold the clk for 46,000 and paid 30,900 for the saleen
Old 03-07-2005, 02:05 PM
spederman
2nd Gear Member

Congrats!! Great car, I was wondering if all that the guy stated was true. I am glad it all worked out, really nice car and a good deal.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on your purchase!

Now you need to check out the Saleen Club of America

Sorry to say you will not get 450hp out of the Stock Blower as it is (without doing much more), 400hp is more realistic.

Do you want "Faster" or do you want "FASTEST"? Once we know that, we can help you spend the difference on your trade

I see you are in the NoVA area, lots of things in the Mid-Atlantic area to do. Let me know if you want to know more.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:30 PM
jl4punch2

Saleen Mike, to answer your question, I want faster not fastest. I am just looking to add some more power then what I have. Also, what do you think about changing the exhuast or cats?
Old 03-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Hey guys, I been reading through this forum the last few days so that I would not ask any qustions that have already been asked. This is my first muscle car, but I do have a 02 Z71 tahoe with a whipple supercharger. I just sold my Clk 430 /kleenman supercharger to get this saleen. I have a few questions, if I modify this car will it lose some value. Most rare item are worth more if they are kept in their original condition. Second question, is this a pully I should get http://www.chicanesport.com/products...rticle_6.shtml Thanks for all your help
If you change pullies and tune it, you really won't loose much value on it, but it will void your Saleen warranty (if Saleen finds out). The 66mm (2.59') Chicane pulley was designed to max the performance on the M90 roots blower used from 99-02 on the sc Saleens. The pulley size you want is a 2.8' pulley. It will up your boost by about 3 psi, and properly tuned should net you over 400 rwhp. To do the tuning I would buy one of those hand held tuners; I like the superchips one the best. The Diablo predator is decent too. This will give you a way to change your engine timing and your air fuel ratio, which WILL need to be changed after the pulley swap. BTW, nice car!

Quick Reply: Just bought a 03 s281 sc