Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

New '05 S281 SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 12:46 AM
BattMage
1st Gear Member

Default New '05 S281 SC

OK, I'm new. Been a Ford lover all my life. got to ride in a '67 Shelby cobra as a kid, have owned Ford trucks all my life, have always loved Mustangs but never found the right one to buy. I just ordered a 2005 Saleen S 281 sc this last week. Found this site on Friday and joined. Have been enjoying reading the posts. One that was disturbing though was about the supercharged editions having emission problems and not yet being in production. My dealer never said anything about that. Does anyone know if they have started shipping and how long the back order is? Waiting sucks.

I am also very interested in Mustang clubs in the Puget Sound area.
This is a great site and I look forward to participating wherever possible
Jamey
Old 03-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New '05 S281 SC

I spoke with the VP of Engineering at Saleen over a week ago, and he told me that they now have the Certs, and production is/was starting on the SC cars.

The delay was in getting it so they would not have to charge a gas-guzzler tax to the buyers of the SC cars.

As for Clubs, the Saleen Club of America is a National Club.

An upcoming event in the Northwest Region is the following:

April 23 "Northwest Show" & Car Cruise in the Washington / Oregon area.
Show & Cruise starts from All Ford/Blue Oval Performance in Vancouver, WA. Special events being planned by SCOA Northwest Region

Cory has put this together, and is looking like it will have 20+ Saleens in attendance, and many other Stangs. More events are in the works.

For more info, feel free to email me via the Club at info@SaleenClubOfAmerica.com
Old 03-14-2005, 02:27 AM
BattMage
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the update Mike. I doubt I'll have my car in two weeks though but maybe the next NW club event might be do-able. I will be joining your club in the near future and will look forward to reading your quarterly magazine.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:48 PM
nrcollectibles
2nd Gear Member

Jamey,

Congratulations on your new purchase. I ordered my S281SC last January and asked for a May delivery. My dealer called last week and said Saleen would probably start shipping in April.

My car may be delayed a few more weeks however. I original ordered it in Legend Lime, but I decided last week to take the big plunge and changed my color to Extreme Rainbow. The car's going to be used primarily for shows and events during the Summer and will probably be the last one like it I ever order.

I've seen the S281's in person and the build quality looks light years better than previous models. I think you'll really enjoy it.

Glenn
Old 03-15-2005, 12:37 PM
smed
1st Gear Member

i talked with someone at Saleen last week, they said they have 200 orders for April already, so i imagine the sooner your order was in the sooner you'll get your car, my order was in in January and i'm looking at the 3rd week in April. If you just placed your order yours should be some time after that. Waiting SUCKS!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 04:49 AM
BattMage
1st Gear Member

Yeah, waiting definately SUCKS!!!

I keep telling myself that no matter how long the wait...it's gonna be worth it.

I'm just very glad to hear that the supercharged versions are in production now. That i can handle. Reading on the forums that as of March 1st they hadn't even started production really had me worried. Everyone in my office wants a ride. Can you blame 'em!
Jamey
Old 03-16-2005, 04:06 PM
smed
1st Gear Member

The wait will definately be worth it. I work with 2 guys that are diehard Corvette fans and even they want a ride. I hate to say it but i almost bought the new vette instead because i could be driving it right now. But once the summer comes vettes are a dime a dozen, and will be the small few driving the new saleen. CAN'T WAIT!
Ed
Old 03-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Hey, feel lucky. I ordered my new Saleen in the fall and I won't see it til june or july.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:22 PM
smed
1st Gear Member

I'm not as lucky as you, i would be if i was getting the E
Old 03-16-2005, 09:06 PM
BattMage
1st Gear Member

Is smed right Birdieman? Did you order the E? If the performance numbers turn out even close to the Saleen home page spec sheet, it will be an awesome pony. I had a hard enough time convincing my wife that getting the SC version was justified, aint' no way I was going to convince her to let me get the E. That will be quite the car, but the waiting definately sucks.