Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Any Bolt on's worth it and noticable on a s281 N/A?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 09:10 PM
spederman
2nd Gear Member

Default Any Bolt on's worth it and noticable on a s281 N/A?

02 S281 N/A, numbers say 290HP/330TQ. Besides just throwing in for the S/C, is there any bolt on performance mods that would be worth it, or even noticable in the 1/4 mile time or seat of the pants dyno? I am trying to decide what to do. Oh, and does anybody know, is my car exactly the same as a S281S/C minus the S/C? Also, Does Saleen take out the air box silencer or is it still there? Thanks guys.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Any Bolt on's worth it and noticable on a s281 N/A?

Do you plan on a SC ever?

While you are thinking, how about an aluminum driveshaft, better shifter, subframe connectors, LCAs, CC Plates, gears, some sort of CAI.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:49 AM
spederman
2nd Gear Member

Someday I would like to get a SC, but I dont see it happening anytime in the near future. Maybe years down the road.

I am trying to tally a list of in order of importance of mods. I am thinking about a shifter, the K&N fipk cai, It has 3:55 gears (dont know if I should go any lower). I was also looking into that accufab plenum, but didnt know if the car would have to be re tuned after saleen already did so.

what advantages does having a alum driveshaft do? And what does LCA and CC plated stand for?
Old 03-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Do you plan on a SC ever?

While you are thinking, how about an aluminum driveshaft, better shifter, subframe connectors, LCAs, CC Plates, gears, some sort of CAI.
Mike took the words right out of my mouth. The reason Mike was asking if you wanted a blower is because some of the upgrades you mentioned can't be used in conjunction with a blower. -Like a CAI and an intake plenum. You kind of need a roadmap at this point. If you are even remotly considering a blower, I would wait and do the 'initial' mods, like sub frames and gears only 'til you know what you want to do.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spederman

Someday I would like to get a SC, but I dont see it happening anytime in the near future. Maybe years down the road.

I am trying to tally a list of in order of importance of mods. I am thinking about a shifter, the K&N fipk cai, It has 3:55 gears (dont know if I should go any lower). I was also looking into that accufab plenum, but didnt know if the car would have to be re tuned after saleen already did so.

what advantages does having a alum driveshaft do? And what does LCA and CC plated stand for?

Shifter: Pro5.0

CAI: MAC makes one. Not the most HP, but not that much difference. You can do like most, and if you ever get the Saleen SC down the road, all you do it cut off a couple inches of the MAC CAI and you can use it after you get the SC.

Gears: You have 3.55, and I would stay with that for now (and later)

Alum. Driveshaft = less rotational mass = less drivline hp loss

LCA = Lower Control Arm: Get something like the MM or GW ones. Help you put the power to the ground better

Subframe connectors: Keep the car from twisting under hard acceleration, less twist is more power in a straight line

CC = Caster / Camber Plates: Get a better alignment to drive it around a corner under more control/faster (get the MM ones)

Hope that helps.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:59 PM
spederman
2nd Gear Member

yes, that helps, thanks.

Are these decent subframe connectors to get?

http://www.mustangtuning.com/stfulesuco.html