Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

i have a question about r

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 08:05 PM
chevy01xtreme

Default i have a question about r

now when u buy a real saleen from ford are the vin #'s changed so that you know they are real..i belong to a web-site that i go on where you have your ride ranked by ur peers and you can battle them.here is the web-address www.rankmyride.com now there is a member who bought a normal mustang and now has changed the look to look like a saleen my question was to him that no matter what he did its still not the real thing.his car looks great but he also lists his car as a saleen on the site.so to me thats a form of posing.i said thats like me buying a lambo kit car and saying its the real thing and listing it as a lambo on that site.</P>

here is the web-site where we started this discussion. http://www.rankmyride.com/?page=game...amp;HHID=22459 </P>

and here is his page of his ride on this site. </P>

http://www.rankmyride.com/?page=cars/view&amp;CID=969</P>

can you all give me all ur feedback on this...</P>
Old 10-12-2003, 10:44 PM
saleenster

They dont change the Vin #, but Saleen does log it in to their computer system, so you can call Saleen (Liz) anytime and have her check a Vin # for verification. I usually do this on any Saleen I am purchasing used...if its on a car lot, and they are a Saleen authorized dealer, then no need if the car is brand new. Liz can tell you within 20 seconds if its "real"...its free, and anybody can call her. Hope that answered your question...</P>

</P>

</P>
Old 10-13-2003, 01:10 AM
chevy01xtreme

so do u give respect to a mustang that is a replica look alike or do u have more respect for the real thing
Old 10-13-2003, 02:54 AM
saleenster

Originally Posted by chevy01xtreme
so do u give respect to a mustang that is a replica look alike or do u have more respect for the real thing
</P>

</P>

Both. I like the look of the Saleens, so I dont blame people for wanting to create duplicate the look....I wouldn't ever buy one unless its real...my .02</P>
Old 10-13-2003, 04:04 AM
chevy01xtreme

Originally Posted by saleenster

Originally Posted by chevy01xtreme
</P>

</P>

Both. I like the look of the Saleens, so I dont blame people for wanting to create duplicate the look....I wouldn't ever buy one unless its real...my .02</P>

</P>

me either.me and this guy are agruing about that he made his look mustanglike a saleen..but when i told him its not a real saleen he flips...click the links and read what was said..the links are in my first post</P>
Old 10-13-2003, 06:43 AM
88SaleenStang
2nd Gear Member

i have a gt that looks like a saleen stang but no decals or badges...i dunno is that cool?
Old 10-13-2003, 09:28 AM
saleenster

If you like it, thats all that matters...
Old 10-13-2003, 10:19 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

As long as you don't try to sell it or pass it off as a real saleen, its cool. But, if you start telling people its a real saleen, then your a dishonest poser. If you want people to believe its a saleen, then just keep your mouth closed and let them think what you want, but when you start putting stuff like "1997 Saleen #54" im your sig and stuff, then that is kinda gay.</P>
Old 10-13-2003, 11:23 AM
chevy01xtreme

yeah this person put teh # 488 on his bumper trying to pass it off...
Old 10-13-2003, 03:57 PM
01Roush

We have this same thing happening (Roush). The only time it matters is when you are selling or showing the cars. If the show is using MCA judging rules, the Saleen and Roush class require serials or "proof" that they are the real thing to compete in those classes.</P>

</P>