Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:39 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Default what do you think?

How would you feel if you saw a sixer wearing a roush, saleen, boss or cobra badge?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Default RE: what do you think?

I figure you mean a 6 cylinder, and if so, thereis oneas well as a 4 cylinder.

Jazzer
Old 03-18-2008, 09:37 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

You are not a alone - there is a fellow 6'er Roush in here. I love the look, and say do whatever you want to your car, but I'm not a big fan of taking as far as badging it. And I'm really not a fan of fake/repo Mfr Plates (Like Saleens VIN/MFR plaque that gets rivotted to the firewall) or fake serial numbers. But as far as using the parts for looks and performance....two thumbs up on your ride
Old 03-18-2008, 09:45 AM
04#231SC
3rd Gear Member

Everybody does things to there car that arepersonal to them so putting Roush, or Saleen Stickers all over it is fine. However I would not cross the line by trying to put authentic dash plaques or bumper numbers on a car if its not real. Even if its a by the numbers clone. I think this issue has been adressed ad nauseaum (sp) I think I used that right :0). So do what you want, its your car.

BTW I really like the car you have in your signature. Is that a v6? Me personaly I love show but you gottahave some go with it too. Nice car anyways.

peace.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:17 AM
desant89
2nd Gear Member

Well, I guess I am alone for now, but I am against it. I do love the looks, don't get me wrong. I just personally could not take the constant position I would be put in when another sports car pulls next to me. It is what it is, you can only dress it up so much. Not only that, but I noticed a Saleen (I am sure Roush also) sparks a TON of conversations with people. I think the conversation will almost always take a drastic turn when people find out it is not the real deal! I will not be racing mine, but I love knowing what it is, and actually like people knowing what it is too as we are in a pretty rare league. Just my two cents.....
Old 03-18-2008, 11:50 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Ya my car was a v-6, shes dead now cuz some ******* totaled my car and im in the market for a saleen, roush, or cobra now. I built her with my own two hands. i agree id rather have show and go, which ill soon have. the reason why i was asking cuz some guy in the v-6 forum posted a poll about a fake gt. and it spurred a hell of a conversation and i figured id ask you guys. i personally would never rebadge my car ever, no matter what it looked like. does it annoy you saleen and roush guys if you see a poser?
Old 03-18-2008, 12:05 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I don't consider guys that clone the look to be posers. Like I said, add all the bling, suspension and performance mods you want that are made by Roush or Saleen- just don't use badges, fake plates and serials......if so, then I would consider it posing and even fraudulant if sold as such for a premium.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:03 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Don't misbadge. Whether you havea 4, 6 or 8 cylinder. If it's not a Cobra -it shouldn't have a badge, if it's not a GT - it shouldn't have a badge, same applies to Saleen and Roush. If it's not real and you slap a tag like that on it, you're no better than that four door Civic that says "Type R" on the trunk.

Edit: Using the parts is cool with me. If you are getting something new - get a real V6 Roush. Be rare.