Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

I think I have a lemon! Need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Say Lean

Default RE: I think I have a lemon! Need advice!

That is quitethe list of problems that you've had with your car, I don't think ANYONE should have to deal with that many issues on what should have been basically a brand new vehicle, and I think it speaks volumes on a few things...

1.) The build quality and level of commitment to putting out a quality product has been in decline in the automotive industry for years...but it's really sad to see that it seems to effect a respected name like Saleen.

2.) Incompetency in servicing these vehicles seems to be at an all time high. When you spend that kind of money on a car, especially one that requires a specific authorized dealership to service them, you'd think that these people would go above and beyond in making sure that your car was in top notch running condition. It seems that instead of actually providing the service we should EXPECT from these dealerships, their only intention is to placate you, and get your vehicle out of there as quickly as possible without any true concern as to whether or not they actually fixed your problem. What ever happened to people taking pride in their job and wanting to HELP the customer?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:32 PM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bob D.
ORIGINAL: elburrito99
severnrc Please let us know if you get a fix for the cruise control issue. I almost nevre use my cruise control function, but happened to use it a few weeks ago during a long road trip. I think I may have experienced the surge you mentioned.

carpen $12k off sticker is exactly the type of discount I was thinking of for that type of mileage. Good deal.
el, in your case the surge is almost certainly from the tune (or possibly the vacuum line routing). See this link for explanation (after replacing the asterisk with theletter removed by the censor program here!): http://www.m*dularf*rds.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=55200

I had the same type of surging, but since installation ofa JDM tune and vacuum line kit, oncruise control my car is nowrock steady and smooth as butta. ;-)
Thanks for the link. More reasons for me to go with the JDM kit, which I will be doing at some point soon (likely when my warranty expires shortly).

Since this could be a real safety issue for anyone who uses cruise control, I figure I will put something about this in the "problems with our Saleens" stick thread.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:45 PM
severnrc
2nd Gear Member

tomorrow will be 50 service days and counting...it has been back in the shop for rear differential noise (again)...the dealership has been on the phone with Saleen for 2 days troubleshooting. I just don't get any sense of urgency from Saleen...

Alsothe rental they put me in?...a Hyundai that doesn't even have cruise control....i guess at least it doesn't have any annoying sounds! [&o]

Old 07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
thcarpen
2nd Gear Member

Man Cort that sucks so bad!! Hope everything works out. Well if it makes you feel any better this will be the 10th time that I have to jump start my car this month. But finishline says its running perfect
Old 07-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

If you are having a warranty issue you feel isn't being addressed I would call our Troy offices and contact Bill Vaughn.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:59 PM
severnrc
2nd Gear Member

I sent him an email this morning...I got an automated out-of-office notification saying he wouldn't be back until the 18th.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:00 PM
severnrc
2nd Gear Member

Can you PM me a phone number that I can try if I don't hear from him after a few days of his expected return? Thanks.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:39 PM
127shtry127

ORIGINAL: Red_Devil

If you are having a warranty issue you feel isn't being addressed I would call our Troy offices and contact Bill Vaughn.
I find it surprising you wouldn't call bill yourself and report this issue as opposed to letting a thread draw out on a well visited mustang forum.

Dude, you can't lemon law that car fast enough. For the same money you can get a really nice 997 that you'll get to drive. Don't let them nurse you along until the warranty is out then get stuck. Also would be wise to do it while Saleen is still in business.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

ORIGINAL: 127shtry127

ORIGINAL: Red_Devil

I find it surprising you wouldn't call bill yourself and report this issue as opposed to letting a thread draw out on a well visited mustang forum.
I'm out of the office, dont have my cell. Been out since thursday!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
severnrc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thcarpen

Man Cort that sucks so bad!! Hope everything works out. Well if it makes you feel any better this will be the 10th time that I have to jump start my car this month. But finishline says its running perfect
hmmm, that one seems like it would be easy to troubleshoot too...

How was the softball game tonight?

Quick Reply: I think I have a lemon! Need advice!