Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

SCOA Nationals Roll Call

Old 06-25-2008, 08:51 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default SCOA Nationals Roll Call

OK gang, I'm hoping to get a flow of responses to keep this at the top without making it a sticky [sm=icon_rock.gif] Even if you can't make it, lets here your lame but legitimate excuses (too far, gas too expensive, afraid of crowds, etc......) The Nationals are less than 40 days away, so its getting to be crunch time []

As you probably have heard by know, I am hosting a cookout on Thursday evening at my house for early arrivals. I am trying to get a headcount - if you are coming for the event, will you be in on Thursday and joing us? I will provide directions to my house from the host hotel...you can pick these up at the front dest when checking in.

On Friday we will do a meet and greet at the dealer around 10am, and hopefully get a personal tour of the Muscle Car Museum. At around 11:30 we will take a ~30 mile cruise to scenic Nashville, IN where we can grab some lunch, cruise the park, or do whatever we fancy. If time permits we can take the highway back and stop a little go cart track for some "rubbin is racin" If you will be in on Thursday evening/Friday morning....will you be joining us for this?

Hope to see a bunch of MF'ers there
Old 06-25-2008, 12:11 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SCOA Nationals Roll Call

I just recieved my SCOA brochure today.A guy by the name of Tom Benida from Indiana had left the info at my dealer for Saleen purchasers... I believe the Nationals are August 1-3rd? At any rate, I believe they are way to far for me to attend this year, but next year I hope to get out more. (I am one of the sissies who will trailer the car for long trips.) [&o]
Old 06-25-2008, 12:25 PM
scspeedster
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

I just recieved my SCOA brochure today.A guy by the name of Tom Benida from Indiana had left the info at my dealer for Saleen purchasers... I believe the Nationals are August 1-3rd? At any rate, I believe they are way to far for me to attend this year, but next year I hope to get out more. (I am one of the sissies who will trailer the car for long trips.) [&o]
Tom Benda - he's a member of our club, have you checked us out? Great club to be apart of - also, was that in Indiana at a Saleen dealer? If so, you are only 2 -2/12 hrs from Greenwood.

The Nationals move across the country each year, next year Rocky Mountain, then, West Coast, then East Coast. Maybe a while before your are this close.

Special rates for joining the SCOA and the Nationals, plus a free show shirt. Come on now, join the 75-100 other Saleen Owners who will be there.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

I might be done for the nationals. I gotta check the work schedual, check some finances, and see how much this trip will set me back.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:36 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

I think a bunch of us are stopping over in Nashville on Thursday night. If we get on the road early enough Friday.....I'm down for some go-cart racing [8D].

After all.....you can't stop Warren Wallace !!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:12 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scspeedster

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

Tom Benda - he's a member of our club, have you checked us out? Great club to be apart of - also, was that in Indiana at a Saleen dealer? If so, you are only 2 -2/12 hrs from Greenwood.

The Nationals move across the country each year, next year Rocky Mountain, then, West Coast, then East Coast. Maybe a while before your are this close.

Special rates for joining the SCOA and the Nationals, plus a free show shirt. Come on now, join the 75-100 other Saleen Owners who will be there.
I'm actually from West Virginia. My dealer is Chenoweth Ford in Clarksburg, WV. I hope to attend one of the events in the future.. But I am interested in some info on the club. I'm sure there's a website. I'll do some research. As far as Tom goes, I think he must have stopped in at this dealer and left info for anyone who bought a Saleen, or mailed the info. Whichever, I took my car in for the brake fix today and they gave me the brochure and Tom's address and such.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:35 AM
scspeedster
2nd Gear Member

My signature has the website link - and West Virginia, still not very far. We just came through there on our way back from Carlisle - 5000 mustangs.

The NATIONALS is our BIG EVENT for the year, it will be worth the trip for sure, but there will be other things closer. Check the calendar on our website.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Nice, mills [sm=lol.gif]

That lil' bastard put my kid bro into the wall!

Jazzer
Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Michael - we are straight across I-70, only 400 miles if you can swing it.....assuming you, like any self-respecting Saleen owner, will NOT do the speed limit - I think you can clock ina little over 5 hours If not, I understand. Check out the club at www.saleenclubofamerica.com, and I promise to never refer to you as an a$$ again [8D]
Old 06-26-2008, 10:36 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Michael - we are straight across I-70, only 400 miles if you can swing it.....assuming you, like any self-respecting Saleen owner, will NOT do the speed limit - I think you can clock ina little over 5 hours If not, I understand. Check out the club at www.saleenclubofamerica.com, and I promise to never refer to you as an a$$ again [8D]
Well, I had no intention of making it this year, but the more I think about it, the more I'd like to make the trip. So I will definitley give it some thought. I am also interested in joining the club, so I'll be checking out the website and membership info here when I get the chance. Also, Jason, I would be trailering as I am fearful of mileage. (Yes, yes, I am a sissy.)Haha. and LMAO at the bold comment above. [8D]

Anyways, if I can't get things together to come to what sounds like a nice event, I hope you attendees take plenty of pictures to show me what I missed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SCOA Nationals Roll Call