Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Letter Of Authenticity

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:00 AM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

Default Letter Of Authenticity

Has anyone gotten a letter of authenticity lately? My car is almost 3 years old and I tried several years ago to get one with no luck. Are they still doing them? who do you contact.

Thanks,
Old 07-23-2008, 09:38 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Letter Of Authenticity

I bought my car new about 2 months ago. I haven't recieved any paperwork whatsoever. They told me I would recieve a packet from Saleen, and would get the free year of SOEC, but I haven't recieved anything.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:56 AM
desant89
2nd Gear Member

SOmeone even sent me an e-mail containing a document I needed to fill out, and pay 30.00 for the authenticity letter. I still did not hear nothing back. This has been going on for months now, and I just asked for anupdate 2 weeks ago! They seem to be really bad with that stuff.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:48 PM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

I never received mine either and the car is about 18 months old.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:57 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Never received mine either...15 months
Old 07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Hey....... I never got one either!

ATTICA.....ATTICA!

Jazzer doggin' it in the afternoon
Old 07-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

Anyone who bought a new Saleen and did not hear from Saleen, it is probably either because the selling dealer never filed the paperwork with Saleen, or it somehow got lost in the shuffle at Saleen (which can happen).

E-mail Team Saleen at teamsaleen@saleen.com and give them your full name, address, phone number, year and production number, the full Ford VIN, purchase date and the selling dealer, and they'll be able to get the ball rolling. They will probably have you complete an internal survey.

If you requested a letter of authenticity a couple of months ago, that is about the time Pati "retired" and they moved offices, so it is not inconcievable there would be a delay. Plus they do not have all the data for the 2006 and 2007 model years completed yet to do a letter of authenticity in all cases.

For the SOEC membership, new car owners really need to get in contact with SOEC directly by completing a different Survey, which can be found at http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=3127

See, Unfortunately after Liz "retired" in May of 2006, Pati was effectively doing two jobs, so... if you didn not hear from us, it is because we didn not know about you. Now that the job is divided between two people again (Juli and Janice), and they are finally trying to get caught up, but it will still be some time.

If you guys have any questions or problems, you are welcome to contact me directly and I will be glad to help with either Team Saleen or SOEC.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:13 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info Jim D. It's very helpful.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: demarcom

Thanks for the info Jim D. It's very helpful.
+1, I will type up an email to both places and see what I can find out. Again, thanks.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:54 AM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

Who signs the new letters of authenticity since Steve Saleen is no longer with the company?

Quick Reply: Letter Of Authenticity