Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen Extreme Warranty disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 01:01 PM
AL_TOON
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Extreme Warranty disappointment

ORIGINAL: S281 E

This was a big concern for me when buying the extreme. I still bought it put some bolt-ons and still blew the motor. With or without warrenty I was screwed.

WOW.....link to post or explain?
Old 07-26-2008, 03:48 PM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: abbas

I am looking into my options right now of how to get it fixed.
Ditch both mufflers for a pair of flowmasters.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:26 PM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

el i have geico insurance on my E and they gave me mechanical breakdown insurance for 7 years 100,000 miles or whichever comes first.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:56 PM
tonylop33
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: david01130
Too bad we dont have a better authorized saleen dealer around here
I got this recommendation from a former Speedlab employee and member here (teamgsxr) when I asked for Saleen Dealer Service recomendations in the Bay Area (Albany Ford, Future Ford (Concord), Capitol Expressway Ford, or Towne Ford):

"Todd at Future Ford is a good guy and knows what he's doing. I worked with him while at Saleen at he's pretty knowledgable."

I was going to try the them.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:41 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

I had the JDM 650 upgrade. One of the best tuners in the country tuned the car. Motor ran lean and I popped a piston. Once the motor was removed from the car it was torn down and the block could not be saved. Still don't know what the issue was but will know within the next couple of days.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:44 AM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sftdyna

el i have geico insurance on my E and they gave me mechanical breakdown insurance for 7 years 100,000 miles or whichever comes first.
That is interesting. Tell me more about this... how do I get it and how much does it cost? Does the car have to be new?

Old 07-27-2008, 09:39 AM
sftdyna
2nd Gear Member

abbas yes i believe you need to get this coverege from new, but if you were to sell your car to someone that also has geico insurance they could continue coverage as long as the prior owner had it, now i also know that other companies offer this like statefarm and i think even allstate.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:48 AM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tonylop33

ORIGINAL: david01130
Too bad we dont have a better authorized saleen dealer around here
I got this recommendation from a former Speedlab employee and member here (teamgsxr) when I asked for Saleen Dealer Service recomendations in the Bay Area (Albany Ford, Future Ford (Concord), Capitol Expressway Ford, or Towne Ford):

"Todd at Future Ford is a good guy and knows what he's doing. I worked with him while at Saleen at he's pretty knowledgable."

I was going to try the them.
Off course, if you ask Saleen, they will recommend one of their shops in your region. I have gone to Capitol Ford. They were a bunch of bozzos specially when I caught them taking my car for a joy ride. I went their last week again after staying away for 1.5 years and they said that they have new people working and all the old people were let go. Who knows on what will happen now... I hope the change is for the better.

Like David was saying, there is a new shop near us now. TPS Motorsports. They have done Saleen warranty work but for some reason Saleen keeps pushing me to the dealership. I would rather goto TPS as I trust them.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:58 PM
teamgsxr
2nd Gear Member

Off course, if you ask Saleen, they will recommend one of their shops in your region.

Abbas, If you have paid any attention at all on this forum. I haven't worked for Saleen for months now and I do not support Saleens actions towards the way they treated Saleen owners.
I am here to help out the Saleen owners with the best advice I have.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Curz
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teamgsxr

Off course, if you ask Saleen, they will recommend one of their shops in your region.

Abbas, If you have paid any attention at all on this forum. I haven't worked for Saleen for months now and I do not support Saleens actions towards the way they treated Saleen owners.
I am here to help out the Saleen owners with the best advice I have.
interesting comment about Saleen...confirms what I thought

Quick Reply: Saleen Extreme Warranty disappointment